Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Living in Ireland 3 out of 5 years.

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Just looking for some info on the above. Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

I was in Australia from Feb 2011 until Jan 2013. I want to go to college this september but I'm not sure if I'll qualify for BTEA due to the rule that you must be living in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years.

Does anyone know for sure if it is three consecutive years?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Missy86 wrote: »
    Just looking for some info on the above. Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

I was in Australia from Feb 2011 until Jan 2013. I want to go to college this september but I'm not sure if I'll qualify for BTEA due to the rule that you must be living in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years.

Does anyone know for sure if it is three consecutive years?

BTEA doesn't have that rule, its the SUSI grant that does as far as I know.:) And the years don't have to be consecutive as long as you can provide evidence to prove Irish residence for at least three years within those five.

For BTEA to do a third level college course you need to have been getting a social welfare payment such as Jobseekers for at least 234 signing days (not counting Sundays) before being considered for the payment. You need to be on the DSP payment immediately before your course starts before being considered for BTEA and social welfare can add signing periods together to make up the 234 days as long as their isn't a break of more than 12 months between signing periods..

Advertisement