Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Stand Alone System - Service ?

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can a regular Alarm installer do a service on this for me or can only Phonewatch do it?

I think I might have a problem with one or two of my PIRs in that they dont work. Anyway I can check this myself via the panel? I have set it and walked into the areas and they seem to be not working/sluggish to activate.

It's 6 years old and have only had one service on it, there was no need as far as I was concerned.

Appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi,

Can a regular Alarm installer do a service on this for me or can only Eircom do it?

I think I might have a problem with one or two of my PIRs in that they dont work. Anyway I can check this myself via the panel? I have set it and walked into the areas and they seem to be not working/sluggish to activate.

It's 6 years old and have only had one service on it, there was no need as far as I was concerned.

Appreciate any advice

Any component techy can indeed fix/ service a Phonewatch system.

Your system is wireless, that means that your detectors have batteries in them which unfortunately do not last forever, so it does need to be serviced. Also your insurers are happier also as if it is routinely serviced then it complies with the necessary standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

Can a regular Alarm installer do a service on this for me or can only Eircom do it?

Appreciate any advice

I would say it is more so down to sleep mode on there detectors rather than a problem with the detectors themselves. Aritec PIRs go into sleep mode which can be up to 2 minutes 45 seconds, they are one way detectors. This does not happen on two way systems as once the system is armed so is the detector. If the batteries on the sensors have not being changed in the 6 years then I would recommend replacing all these before testing again altho the control panel should indicate if there is a low battery in any of your sensors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OP post edited. As stated in the notice. Phonewatch is no longer owned by Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^^

I've amended the thread title also, it was Eircom phonewatch system when I bought it !!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I know , but its now a Phonewatch system. Thats the system you are asking someone to look at.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    If the batteries on the sensors have not being changed in the 6 years then I would recommend replacing all these before testing again altho the control panel should indicate if there is a low battery in any of your sensors.

They haven't been changed and I'm not getting any warnings from the control panel to tell me about low batteries.

The only thing I've ever done with the system is change a back up battery in the control panel (IIRC it twas you Altor that kindly helped me with that)

KoolKid wrote: »
    I know , but its now a Phonewatch system. Thats the system you are asking someone to look at.

Yeh yeh I get it, that's no problem thanks.

If its 6 years I would not be depending on or waiting for the panel to notify me. I also would recommend changing them all at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

They haven't been changed and I'm not getting any warnings from the control panel to tell me about low batteries.

The only thing I've ever done with the system is change a back up battery in the control panel (IIRC it twas you Altor that kindly helped me with that)

It would be no harm changing them so.
    Always happy to help if I can vicwatson :)

If you drop the front lid of the control panel and put in your user code.
    Press test, then done. This will put the system in walk test for you. Dont walk in front of any PIR for 3 minutes to take them out of walk test. If you have just changed the batteries they will go into test mode for 10-15 minutes which is the best time to test them. The batteries you need for these are CR123A. This will show you if they are working or not. Also sometimes grime on the cover can interfere with them picking you up, wipe very lightly with a damp cloth.

Any problems, let us know :)

Advertisement