Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me discover London!

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

I've been living here for almost 3 years now but have been working all the time and taking any holidays out of the country.

But I'm finishing up my current job on Tuesday next week and not starting the new one until the Tuesday after Easter. That leaves me with more or less, 3 weeks (will go home for 4-5 days) in London with nothing to do. A situation I've never found myself in

So with that said - I need your help. I want to fit in as much interesting places and sights (bar the main tourist stuff) as I can in that time off. I'm particularly keen on visiting new food spots as I love finding cool Brunch/Lunch/Pigout places. But aside from the food stuff, I'd love to hear of any other places you think might be of interest. Maybe there's somewhere unique around where you live that doesn't get much attention.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mynewstoday

I know just what you need...

there's a Breakfast Club restaurant on Artillery lane beside Liverpool st station. If you go inside, queue up to be seated and ask the waitress if you 'can see the mayor', he/she will bring you across the restaurant and open a fridge door, which is actually a secret passage to a cocktail bar called The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town. Aka...a speakeasy :)

There is even a secret exit through the main restaurant toilets!

Highly recommended for the novelty factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I've been to that bar, its a great spot. The do fantastic vodka martinis.

OP, if you are looking for somewhere to go a little less know, Chiswick House and Gardens is a nice spot. The house is pretty amazing inside, its only £6 in and the gardens are nice to walk around. There is also a cafe there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I haven't been there, but in Richmond, there is Petersham nurseries, a little known garden centre with a Michelin starred restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Cycled by that place many a time. I must stop in for a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Borough Market is a must if you haven't been already. There is a great little restaurant called Roast within the market and they do a mean breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Playboy wrote: »
    Borough Market is a must if you haven't been already. There is a great little restaurant called Roast within the market and they do a mean breakfast!

Thanks for that. In Londonbridge on Saturday so will stroll over for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Thanks for that. In Londonbridge on Saturday so will stroll over for breakfast

Unless you're very early and lucky it'll be especially thronged with tourists on Saturday. Bank Holiday, School holidays etc. Not recommended.

Advertisement