Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical engineering options with Level7??

Options
  • 27-03-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey there, for anyone that's after becoming qualified electrical engineers, I'm wondering about the prospects of work with a ordinary level 7 or is it advisable to do a level 8. Basically will I get work with a level 7 engineering degree!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 3G

So the chances aren't that great I'm guessing from the lack of reply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

There is a decent chance you would get work if you had either a trade background or practical experience. If you are simply a student with no other qualifications or relevant experience I would hold tough till the level 8.

Best way to get a job afterwards is to keep your grades high, most graduate programmes or companies looking for graduates will look at grades and practical experience.

One of the biggest issues now some people are finding with the level 7 only is that in a few years time when you want to move up the ladder in work the jobs may have a requirement of level 8 degree and you may be at a disadvantage in comparison to other candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

very difficult . Finish your degree

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Buddy system

Hey I am looking to do the same and start my level 7 degree in electrical service eng beside the possibility of jobs what is the expected salary/wage starting off.

Advertisement