Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you imagine the horror? Michael Jackson or Bill Cosby as the Doctor

Options
  • 27-03-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

From

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/jul/04/doctor-who-movie-michael-jackson

In one of the weirdest casting decisions of all times, it has emerged that Hollywood studio Paramount Pictures once proposed making a Doctor Who movie with Michael Jackson as the Time Lord. But don't worry: the studio said that if the Jackson option didn't turn out it had a great number two in mind – Bill Cosby. The Times reports that the thinking was that the King of Pop had done pretty good business with the film Moonwalker and Cosby was riding high on TV with The Cosby Show. Monkey can't help but wonder whether Jacko would have made a better Doctor Who villain – some might say he might be a dead ringer for Davros.

Could you imagine the squeaky voice of MJ talking to the Daleks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

crazyderk wrote: »

Could you imagine the squeaky voice of MJ talking to the Daleks?

"Oh Davros, I'm a lover not a fighter"

"Billie Piper is not my lover"

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his face,
    No timelord could have been any better,
    If you want to make the world a better place, have a regeneration and make a change"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I am more than a little intrigued by Time Lord Bill Cosby though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

Considering that "Episodes" with Tamsin Grieg was more of a docco than a sitcom... hardly surprising. They were going to cast Roseanne Barr as Patsy in the yank version of AbFab.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

another white fruity guy with michael jackass

More likely casting - Tori Spelling as Romana

Wesley Snipes as the Master

Andy Dick as Davros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey, at least those names had star pulling power; when the 2005 relaunch was announced, the rumour mill was abuzz, throwing around eclectic names such as Paul Daniels, Eddie Izzard and David Hasslehoff as potentials for the role.

The fact RTD went with a legitimate thespian like Eccleston - one of the hottest acting properties in Britain - laid a marker down about how seriously the BBC were going to take this new show, and contrasted with how far the star of Dr. Who had fallen in its latter years; to the point where that stunt, pantomine casting was seen as appropriate.

It's always worth remembering that around the mid 1980s - 2005, Dr. Who was considered a relic and a joke, and many thought RTD's decision to relaunch the show was career suicide & doomed to failure.

I would have had no problem with Ian McNiece as the Doctor, speaking of casting to make folks howl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I am more than a little intrigued by Time Lord Bill Cosby though.

With his a wibbling and a wobbling and his timey-wimey.

Explody wodey was worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    "Oh Davros, I'm a lover not a fighter"

"Billie Piper is not my lover"

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his face,
    No timelord could have been any better,
    If you want to make the world a better place, have a regeneration and make a change"

Oh how I wish I could thank this post more than once

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

The man in the mirror. .. now I wonder what happens if the weeping angels stand infront of multiple mirrors that cause reflection within reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kalmanon2

Bill Cosby as the Doctor....
    "Davros would you like some Jelloooooo?!"

Advertisement