Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusted with Eircom

Options
  • 27-03-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Yes, I am totally disgusted with Eircom and will Never Ever return to them again.
    You took a months notice from me even though you have no right to under Comreg rules a case which you refuse to acknowledge, 

you have a payment from me that was lost on your system and gave me a case reference to which you never bothered to follow up on,  

then you send me a letter threatening me that if I do not pay €11.42 in ten days that I will have an action of law against me,
    I have never received a bill from you telling me this and I have no way of checking because I am blocked from viewing my bill on Website.
    I am disgusted with your behaviour and the grabbing what you can attitude of Eircom, despite being told when I switched I am not in contract and can cancel anytime. 

I hope people read this and make an informed decision to realise that problems are to be expected when you decide to go with a cheaper option, and Eircom will make it as hard as they can to leave them.
    The sooner Eircom and other phone providers are brought to task the better, there is no way that anybody should have to pay twice for the same service and have threatening letters like that being sent out to scare people into paying for something they shouldn't

I will PM my details to one of the reps here so you can tell me what has happened to my bills that should have been cleared 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hughowen wrote: »
    Yes, I am totally disgusted with Eircom and will Never Ever return to them again.
    You took a months notice from me even though you have no right to under Comreg rules a case which you refuse to acknowledge, 

you have a payment from me that was lost on your system and gave me a case reference to which you never bothered to follow up on,  

then you send me a letter threatening me that if I do not pay €11.42 in ten days that I will have an action of law against me,
    I have never received a bill from you telling me this and I have no way of checking because I am blocked from viewing my bill on Website.
    I am disgusted with your behaviour and the grabbing what you can attitude of Eircom, despite being told when I switched I am not in contract and can cancel anytime. 

I hope people read this and make an informed decision to realise that problems are to be expected when you decide to go with a cheaper option, and Eircom will make it as hard as they can to leave them.
    The sooner Eircom and other phone providers are brought to task the better, there is no way that anybody should have to pay twice for the same service and have threatening letters like that being sent out to scare people into paying for something they shouldn't

I will PM my details to one of the reps here so you can tell me what has happened to my bills that should have been cleared 
    Hi hughowen

I'm very sorry to hear your feelings on this and apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Can you please PM me your eircom accout number and I'll look into this, also can you include details of the missing payment you refer to and if this was in relation to the current outstanding balance?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joeconway

I cancelled landline phone and broadband with Eircom on September 3rd last year.
    Every month since then I have received a bill for Broadband and every month I have spent hours on to their laughable named 'Customer Service team' - each month they assure me that the problem is fixed - and every month a new bill arrives.
    In January I got a letter telling me that I have been disconnected for not paying the account. But guess what - they continue to bill me.
    It would be laughable if it wasn't so annoying.
    Incompetent doesn't begin to describe this organisation and its staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

They are the worst run company I have ever come across. People On the phones haven't a clue. Eircom signed us up to a contract we didn't agree to (twice the cost) and then billed us 600 odd euro to get out of the contract they broke the terms to. I post on here and I'm ignored. We're owed money from our previous address that were never going to see and they stopped any other service provider from setting up a service for us. Avoid at all costs. I'll never return and I urge everyone else to run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

joeconway wrote: »

I cancelled landline phone and broadband with Eircom on September 3rd last year.
    Every month since then I have received a bill for Broadband and every month I have spent hours on to their laughable named 'Customer Service team' - each month they assure me that the problem is fixed - and every month a new bill arrives.
    In January I got a letter telling me that I have been disconnected for not paying the account. But guess what - they continue to bill me.

Hi joeconway

You have raised this to other threads and I have replied with the following:

"I'm sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. Can you please PM me the eircom account number associated with the account and I'll look in top this further for you.

Thanks

Al"

Please choose one thread you wish to correspond with me on or alternatively we can communicate by PM if you wish

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Hi joeconway

"I'm sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. Can you please PM me the eircom account number associated with the account and I'll look in top this further for you.

Thanks

Al"

Please choose one thread you wish to correspond with me on or alternatively we can communicate by PM if you wish

Thanks

Al
    Can you sort mine out so 
    Hugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭emeo

Placed an order for fibre broadband on 25/01/14, told it would be installed within 10 days, line installed 07/03/14,STILL NO INSTALLATION DATE FOR BROADBAND WHICH IS WHAT I ORDERED, everytime I call CS almost daily at this point told there is nothing they can do,ABSOLUTE JOKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi joeconway

Thanks

Al"

Thanks

Al
    Can you sort mine out so 
    Hugh
    Hi Hughowen,

Please send me a PM with the account number and I will look into this for you,

thanks
    Colm

Hi joeconway

Thanks

Al"

Thanks

Al
    Can you sort mine out so 
    Hugh
    Hi Hughowen,

Please send me a PM with the account number and I will look into this for you,

thanks
    Colm
    I have PM'd my details to Colm yesterday and also PM'd Alan last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

emeo wrote: »
    Placed an order for fibre broadband on 25/01/14, told it would be installed within 10 days, line installed 07/03/14,STILL NO INSTALLATION DATE FOR BROADBAND WHICH IS WHAT I ORDERED, everytime I call CS almost daily at this point told there is nothing they can do,ABSOLUTE JOKE

Count yourself lucky, go with another provider!!

emeo wrote: »

Count yourself lucky, go with another provider!!
    I did go with another provider. But my last bill is the problem and CS is saying to get on to my current provider, but I want my bill that they won't send out or let me see on line, they just sent me a collection agency letter threatening me

• Advertisement

Hi hughowen

I'm very sorry to hear your feelings on this and apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Can you please PM me your eircom accout number and I'll look into this, also can you include details of the missing payment you refer to and if this was in relation to the current outstanding balance?

Thanks

Al
    PM SENT

Any news on this Reps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

I'll follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

I feel your pain hughowen (& the other posts here), my experience of simply switching from Eircom turned into a royal pain in the ass, they are not a nice company to deal with. Eircom might realise sometime that they are no longer a monopoly, customers are not irritations, if you lose one try and improve your service and you might win them back, you are unlikely to do this by attacking them.

As well as withdrawing your custom, you can complain:- to themselves, to the regulator (ComReg), to consumer bodies (National Consumer Agency, Consumer Association of Ireland), to the media, to your local TD, to the Minister (Communications) etc. While you might get much satisfaction from many of these, some might act if they get enough complaints.

Let your friends & family know your experience, help them avoid the experience that is Eircom. For anyone thinking of signing up with Eircom, please think again, look at various forums about how they treat their customers before you make up your mind.
    Best of luck,
    HKS
    PS Good to see you are still around Al, any chance of that reply you promised me last December?

I think that the problem would be with any provider and not just Eircom. The problem is that I have been charged a months notice as well as the missing payment that I am still waiting on news from Eircom and the forum here just seems to just go nowhere. 
    I got a reply from Alan to say that the payments are all done and that I have no more bills but, I have been overcharged and there is no way that I can get to see my bills and payments and  that is what I am looking for.
    I think that there should be an independant company that can receive complaints from the likes of us and FORCE Eircom and other providers to be upfront and not allow the consume to be charged when changing providers. What I mean is the consumer should not be able to move provider until all existing bills have been paid in full and are out of contract and have no fines or notice to pay and all of the switch just means you start to pay your new provider the new payment and nothing else

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

I can only go on my experience dealing with Eircom in comparison to other companies I have dealt with, I found Eircom by far the worst. Having been an Eircom customer for many years I remained with them after moving house in 2010 but was well out of the initial years contract when I switched provider in 2013, which resulted in a cancellation charge (among other things). I did not agree that this charge was correct (my new provider also advised me this charge was incorrect) and had endless hassle since, found them difficult to even contact, left hanging on for prolonged periods, when you eventually get someone they transfer you, another long wait, transfer again, after this they simply hang up on you. I got threatening & solicitors letters.
    It appears that the regulator ruled against this charge in 2012 and again in late 2013. I am not unreasonable or any way abusive, I pay all bills (even the controversial ones the government have introduced over the years), I offered to pay this also if the regulator advised me it was in order for payment - I contacted ComReg about the issue on numerous occasions, they have not advised me this charge is correct, the rulings on their website would indicate it is not, see http://www.comreg.ie/_...ions/ComReg13114.pdf
    Of course this is only my experience of Eircom, hopefully it may be of assistance to some people (I was a happy Eircom customer for years - the real test is how companies resolve issues that can arise from time to time, in my opinion Eircom's actions were disgraceful and I never want to have any dealing with that company again). 
    Complaints against providers in this market are dealt with by the regulator, ComReg.
    Best of luck,
    HKS

Advertisement