Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work during the summer

Options
  • 27-03-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello, I'm currently in college at moment and I'm receiving back to education money from the social welfare. During the summer I intend to get a full time job for the 3 months that I'm off college. I'm wondering does anybody know if this will effect me receiving the back to education payments again in september. I'm sure it depends on the wages (I'd be suprised if got anything more than the minimum wage) but if anybody knows or has been in a similar situation to myself I'd appreciate some advice/information

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you are going into year 2, 3, 4 of a course then you can work in the summer and it wont affect your BTEA in any way for the following September:
    BTEA participants who are progressing to the next year of their course or who are progressing from second level to third level approved undergraduate qualifications or from undergraduate qualification to BTEA eligible postgraduate courses will have their BTEA reinstated from the commencement of the new academic year irrespective of whether they were in receipt of an unemployment payment for the summer period.
    Taken from BTEA operational guidelines.: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx#1.11

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawlessalan

thanks for the info, much appreciated ;)

Advertisement