Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managing working relationships... .

Options
  • 27-03-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm very new to a company. In my 4th week. Its been very obvious from day 1 that my manger does not like the person i have to work very closely with, and vice versa. My manager also manages this person.

Now today ive had some very positive feedback with regards to some work I delivered which was fed back via my manager in a private forum. Here he also said that if I want to move up within the company not to follow the others persons lead. What I'm worried about is being used as a "pawn" between them. I do feel my manager has my best interests but I wonder if this will be clouded in the future in order to get one up on my colleague.....as when she had dropped the ball previously he's asked me to forward on correspondence to forward on the details to his manager

Am i totally over analysing this. Or does anyone have any tips for managing this potentially difficult situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

emmaluggs wrote: »
    I'm very new to a company. In my 4th week. Its been very obvious from day 1 that my manger does not like the person i have to work very closely with, and vice versa. My manager also manages this person.

Now today ive had some very positive feedback with regards to some work I delivered which was fed back via my manager in a private forum. Here he also said that if I want to move up within the company not to follow the others persons lead. What I'm worried about is being used as a "pawn" between them. I do feel my manager has my best interests but I wonder if this will be clouded in the future in order to get one up on my colleague.....as when she had dropped the ball previously he's asked me to forward on correspondence to forward on the details to his manager

Am i totally over analysing this. Or does anyone have any tips for managing this potentially difficult situation?

Your manager has given you a very useful heads up... listen to them.
    Your at a crossroads now as to whether you want to move along in the company or be one of the lads.... the two rarely co-exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bullet format;
    emmaluggs wrote: »
    I'm very new to a company. In my 4th week.
    my manger does not like the person i have to work very closely with
    ive had some very positive feedback with regards to some work I delivered
    he also said that if I want to move up within the company not to follow the others persons lead.
    as when she had dropped the ball previously he's asked me to forward on correspondence to forward on the details to his manager
    Unless your mates with the other person, drop them like a hot potatoe! I've known people who don't play well with authority, and they tend to not care who they bring down with them.

Advertisement