Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 29 March

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I'm definitely the only one who thinks it's an insane decision too, yep. Watch it again, then watch the head on. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think its very telling that Chestnut Charlie has been dropped back to hurdle handicaps, on at 10/1, horse has to win at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

How in the name of god did BenBens get that race in the Stewards room today. An absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

kiers47 wrote: »
    How in the name of god did BenBens get that race in the Stewards room today. An absolute joke!

Thing was a winner until it got ****ed, that's why.

Why should Benbens have got that race? Winner did nothing wrong.

Thank god someone else sees sense. The chap got a 4 day ban for not correcting his horse. He was entitled to the ground. One of the worst stewarding decisions I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

THERE was a controversial demotion at Stratford on Saturday which could spark an appeal to the BHA by trainer Warren Greatrex after his clear cut winner Dolatulo was disqualified following a stewards' inquiry.

Read the full story at: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/warren-greatrex-greatrex-furious-as-stewards-reverse-stratford-result/1629195/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Cannot believe Benbens got the race either.

If you watch the head on replay, the cause of the issue seems to be the loose horse ahead of the field taking the dolled off water jump rather than go up the run in and the leaders following it slightly off course as a result. From that point on Dolatulo takes the most direct route up the run in and the rider is under no obligation to let Benbens through a gap that is not there.

I fail to see the logic of the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The jockey on the first did not break any rules.
    Sam TD ****ed up big time(and I would be a big fan of his).
    He would have won the race but why throw out a winner just because a jockey had a mare this isn't how the rules should be applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not sure i've seen worse than that

I don't know how greatrex is gonna sleep tonite after
    being raped there

they have to get that after an appeal surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Was anybody else watching the betting on betfair while the stewards were out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

mailburner wrote: »
    not sure i've seen worse than that

I don't know how greatrex is gonna sleep tonite after
    being raped there

they have to get that after an appeal surely

Just watched it. Std made the error. He went for a non existant gap. Feel very sorry for connections of the winner, spoiled their day un-necessarily. Poor decision which will be corrected on appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Scandalous decision. Even without the head on replay it is blatantly obvious STD was riding with his head down from the back of he last. He looks up once and that was a good 50 yards or more before he ran out of room.

Justice done today. Still the worst stewarding decision I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Certainly up there with Dar Re Mi being thrown out of the Vermeille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Justice done today. Still the worst stewarding decision I've ever seen.

Given how much I was in the minority in the opinion I had I can accept that I called the race incorrectly.

I benefitted anyway from the initial reverse so I'm not too bothered either way.

Advertisement