Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office comes to iPad

• 27-03-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭

Microsoft very late to the party with this & also it comes at a cost.
    Word, Excel & Powerpoint will be free downloads and will include viewing and presenting capabilities free of charge. Users wishing to edit or create documents with the apps will need an Office 365 subscription, which is priced at $9.99/month or $99.99/year for a Home Premium package allowing access from multiple computers and mobile devices.

http://blogs.office.com/2014/03/27/announcing-the-office-you-love-now-on-the-ipad/

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/27/office-ipad-today/

- - -

Anyone tempted by this? I would be if the apps were available at a one off cost but at €10 per month or €99 per year it's not something I will be going for considering the iWork suite is free.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd consider it if I had a time machine and was able to go back 4 years and if I actually used Microsoft office :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Not a chance. I'll keep using the cheaper alternatives that have been just fine up to now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume this is aimed at the enterprise market. i.e. people who don’t know any better and will happily pay a 100 euro a year if they think it will easily integrate with their existing software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It really is aimed at the a enterprise market because anyone who used Office when the iPad came out has had four years to find a decent alternative...and it helps that Pages, Numbers and Keynote are cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Got an e-mail in work this morning that as our company is an Office 365 user we can get the app for free, so that's grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

I've been using Parallels Access for the last week, I have three machines linked to it - iMac at home, MacBook Air in the office and a VM in our data centre.

Its quite a nice option for running office without the need to buy a new license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

€79 for a 4 year subscription if you're a student. Might take that offer now as I've only 2 months left in college. Not sure how much I'll need to use office after I graduate though.

Advertisement