Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happiness in EMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Vid not working -what's happening in Ovens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Idiots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That was cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Bit of a cringe factor but good PR all the same.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Idiots
    darkdubh wrote: »
    That was cringeworthy.

Jasus lads,lighten up a bit.Heres the Happy Cork city version for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭denismc

If i was the CEO of EMC and i saw that video i would be thinking them feckers in Cork have too much time on their hands and close the place.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Bit of a cringe factor but good PR all the same.:cool:

Really? I saw miles of grey and beige and then there was the décor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

At least they have jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

denismc wrote: »
    If i was the CEO of EMC and i saw that video i would be thinking them feckers in Cork have too much time on their hands and close the place.:D

Top man in cork is dancing in that video!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Haha the reaction from the posters above is the happiest bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

It it probably done at the request of the corporate office as part of some worldwide initiative, where each office has to produce something like this. I know we have to do something like this every so often and they are always cringe-worthy. Thankfully they almost never go outside the intended limited audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    It it probably done at the request of the corporate office as part of some worldwide initiative, where each office has to produce something like this. I know we have to do something like this every so often and they are always cringe-worthy. Thankfully they almost never go outside the intended limited audience.

We had to do a similar video to celebrate the anniversary of the company.
    All offices throughout the world had to do a 2 minute video. It involved about 100 people in this office all hanging around for about 3 hours in position and doing rehearsals etc before a professional camera crew actually filmed 2 minutes of awfully cringeworthy rubbish.
    It involved leprechauns, massive backdrop of the Blarney Castle, people playing the bohran, lads holding up a guard of honour with hurleys etc.

Funny when an instruction comes from HQ that spending 300 man hours on a 2 minute video is perfectly acceptable but if you are 2 minutes late for work it is seen as some global catastrophe.

..I need coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh wow that was great well done to them!! Though it was the EMC near ballincollig one but I see tis Mahon. Doesn't matter Happy Happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh wow that was great well done to them!! Though it was the EMC near ballincollig one but I see tis Mahon. Doesn't matter Happy Happy days...

Its both.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

A2LUE42 wrote: »

I had to do something like that for a company brochure. Myself and two female colleagues "You do it Going Strong, you look brainy" peering intently at computer screens that either weren't connected to anything or else had an out-of-focus shot of a string of error code and trying to look like we were involved in really interesting work. Thankfully, it too only had a limited circulation. However, I used to see a cardboard stand from an industry fair with a blow up of one of the pictures on it that was in the storeroom every so often.

I got my revenge on them though. They spend a stupid amount of money on some awful "Mission Statement" that got put in a gold frame and hung by reception. I made a point of pretending I didn't know what it was about and inviting everyone over to read it. The loud guffaws of derision were a bit too obvious so it got taken down a few days later and was never mentioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Jasus lads,lighten up a bit.Heres the Happy Cork city version for ye.

Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Idiots

Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Idiots

Wouldn't say they're idiots as they took direction and were generally in sync with the music. Now if you were to say they were langers (jesus I hate that word) I would have to agree, or maybe it's some care in the community project

Advertisement