Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct failure emissions

Options
  • 27-03-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    My car just failed emissions test on high idle for nct,the readindgs were as follows,

lambada ; 1.00 not between 0.97 and 1.03 fail
    co 0.90 vol% above 0.30% fail
    hc 144ppm above 200ppm fail

Anyone know what might be the problem and how to pass ? thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

kmag00 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My car just failed emissions test on high idle for nct,the readindgs were as follows,

lambada ; 1.00 not between 0.97 and 1.03 fail
    co 0.90 vol% above 0.30% fail
    hc 144ppm above 200ppm fail

Anyone know what might be the problem and how to pass ? thanks in advance :)

Half a bottle of dipetane and a hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kmag00

thanks discodave you think it will make enough of an impression ? not too much out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

What kind of car is it?

What were the low idle readings?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forestgray

discodavie wrote: »
    Half a bottle of dipetane and a hard drive

What's on the hard drive? Movies?
    :)

its a 1999 daihatsu terios 4wd 1.3 petrol
    low idle readings were as follows;
    low idle (950 rpm) engine/oil temp 83 deg cel
    co 0.23 vol% above 0.50%fail pass
    hc 151 ppm n/A

• Advertisement

its a 1999 daihatsu terios 4wd 1.3 petrol
    low idle readings were as follows;
    low idle (950 rpm) engine/oil temp 83 deg cel
    co 0.23 vol% above 0.50%fail pass
    hc 151 ppm n/A

MOD NOTE :

Just want to make clear I don't work for dipetane I just sell it in my factors.

Had a lad in with land cruiser early in the week , told me he was WAYYYYY over on emissions on the test. Put in the 1L on top of about. 15l of fuel. Drove to test centre lively as advised. (About 8 miles ) and passed the test.

The crowd who make it sing its praises and the guy I deal with talks carbons all day long but knows his stuff as I've had questions asked by customers and rang him andet him explain. He stands by his product 100% and is quite happy to talk anyone through how to get the most out if it.

That said if you were at my counter I'd say to you 1l to 200L (0.2L dip to 1 tank fuel ) of fuel is the usual mixture but for what you need I'd say 1/2L to a quarter tank of fuel and a hard drive a couple if days before retest and again 1/2L the day before you go in.

Best of luck

Thanks ill definately give it a try discodavie ,
    I have heard of the product and saw it on other threads, I do know however that c02 can be happening for different reasons and some people can tell a lot from the readings as to what might be the cause of the problem. Just want to be sure that the dipodene will be enough as it will cost me another full test if not.

Thanks ill definately give it a try discodavie ,
    I have heard of the product and saw it on other threads, I do know however that c02 can be happening for different reasons and some people can tell a lot from the readings as to what might be the cause of the problem. Just want to be sure that the dipodene will be enough as it will cost me another full test if not.

At a tenner for dipetane and the 28 retest fee it's the cheapest option for getting your emissions down. The next step us a cat. , if ya want to know the actual part price on that ill post it tomorrow (guess 2-350 plus labour to replace ) . I was doing used cars last year and it's a great little product and brought a failed car back to the centre less than 2 hours after the fail and it passed thanks to dipetane and third gear. ;-).

Any questions you can pm me and discuss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Use this
    616247?$PDP_MAIN$

And forget Dipetane

Advertisement