Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A$$hole parkers.....

• 27-03-2014 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

After work I stopped by at the tesco and I parked down near the back.

Come back out and two boy racer ar$eholes have jammed me in. They parked beside the passenger and beside the driver doors.

Now before anyone even says it could have been accidental, there was no other cars parked in my row and they parked far too tight to me on both sides for it just to be accidental. I would barely squeeze down the gap myself nevermind open the door.

I was raging and knew they were probably watching me from somewhere and laughing, so I didnt even acknowledge it I just opened the boot threw the shopping in, grabbed my coat and walked off, had a coffee and when I came back and they were gone luckily enough.

But Im just wondering whats the story with this craic.... is there a law about this or what..?? Are what are you supposed to do when this happens...??

Pack of wasters anyway.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭connorfleming

Brick through the windscreen is what they deserve. I'm not sure there's anything you can really do about it though, hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

BillyBoy13 wrote: »

Come back out and two boy racer ar$eholes have jammed me in. They parked beside the passenger and beside the driver doors.

Now before anyone even says it could have been accidental, there was no other cars parked in my row and they parked far too tight to me on both sides for it just to be accidental. I would barely squeeze down the gap myself nevermind open the door.

I was raging and knew they were probably watching me from somewhere and laughing, so I didnt even acknowledge it I just opened the boot threw the shopping in, grabbed my coat and walked off, had a coffee and when I came back and they were gone luckily enough.

But Im just wondering whats the story with this craic.... is there a law about this or what..?? Are what are you supposed to do when this happens...??

They would be laughing if you dinged their door and drove off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Act suspiciously. Take out your key, run your fist alongside the inside where they can't see and set off their car alarm. Watch them run back, give 'em a bollicking and head off.
    They would be laughing if you dinged their door and drove off.

I think the OP is talking about them being so close that you couldn't get the door open enough to get an anorexic into the driver seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Saunter over, drag your as5 down between the two cars, dinting all the way, open the door with enthusiasm, clonking it off the racer-car and drive out with the steering on full lock, taking the sides off both cars. OK, might not be very do-able, but God, it would be satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BillyBoy13 wrote: »

Go back into the shop and buy a bag of nails and throw them under their wheels. Or just carry a few spare clamps in your boot ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

A strip of superglue along the seal of their driver and passenger windows would put manners on them...... They wouldn't even notice it until the next time they try and use the window. Probably bust the window regulators on them as well. They would park properly the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I think you should do just as you did. Ignore all the exhortations to do criminal damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

corktina wrote: »
    I think you should do just as you did. Ignore all the exhortations to do criminal damage.

Hmm, I wouldn't actually key the car, though I didn't make that very clear with my act suspiciously comment. I'd just do enough to hopefully get them out of hiding if they were watching so I could go nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

corktina wrote: »

Yeh, as much Id love to have put a brick through the windows or glue on the locks I just know that they were probably watching me from a distance for my reaction and no doubt probably 3 or 4 phones recording it for tonights entertainment on youtube and facebook :rolleyes:

But seriously, what is the plan of action if this crap happens? Like if this had have been lunchtime and not after 6 clock when I was finished work Id be screwed.... or what if they decided to call my bluff and leave me blocked for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Keep a small trolley jack in your boot.If it happens again ,jack up the rear of on of the cars and push it to the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Could you have opened your front window and put the car in neutral and let the handbrake off so you could just roll it back? Assuming it wasn't on an incline that is and you could control the roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I once knew a guy who kept tin openers, pre prepared signs and some gaffer tape in his glove box.
    If something like this happened him (and it obviously did often - he was also a big guy) - he would tape the tin opener to the offending car with the sign that read "If I block you in, please use tin opener to cut hole in your roof to get in that way" or words to that effect.

It didn't really make any difference to the ease of him getting into his car as it was done after the fact however the thoughts of that person getting the message or perhaps not noticing it for a few days made the hardship of getting into his own car that bit easier and he didnt actually damage the other car.

So essentially he gives someone a free tin opener :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

So essentially he gives someone a free tin opener :confused:
    Free tin opener, duct tape and paper.

It was his way of dealing with it and he got a laugh outta it as did plenty more people I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

If you damage their cars, you are lowering yourself to their level.
    If it came to it you would have to get a few lads (passers by) and hop/jump/bounce the rear of one of the other cars so you could get in to your own.
    You did the best thing possible in your situation today.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

many years ago,I was picked up for work from camden town in London along with around 10 others and driven to a job 60 miles away. when it was time to go home ,some fool had parked his merc behind us and was blocking our exit,that was a big big mistake as 11 or 12 paddies basically man-handled his car up tight against a wall(on the drivers side).in front of the car was another wall 2 inches from his bonnet and 2 inches behind his boot was a half full skip,all done without a scratch on the car.I often wondered how he got on,I suppose he had to call the skip owner but at 5 on a weekend, they would have been closed .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Something similar happened to me. My solution was to use my scissors jack under the rear axle of the offending car. Once the jack was at its highest I pushed the offending car off. After the second lift and push, I had enough room to get in to my car and drive off.

I didn't bother leaving a note or anything like that. I did leave the other car at a quare angle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

wait....how did the guy who parked on your left get out of his car if there was no room? Also just out of interest what car do you drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

wait....how did the guy who parked on your left get out of his car if there was no room? Also just out of interest what car do you drive?

Out the passenger door I would assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

wait....how did the guy who parked on your left get out of his car if there was no room?

Select one answer.

A. They climbed out the passenger side.

or

B. They reversed into the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Local Supervalu........ a$$holes coming down from Dublin thinking they can park any way they like :D

StAFVpZ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Local Supervalu........ a$$holes coming down from Dublin thinking they can park any way they like :D

StAFVpZ.jpg

Its 07 so he's paying the high tax..... Perfectly entitled to two spaces:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

You could get your mate down to park beside one of them that would block him in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I would literally take a dump on their windscreen! With bonus wiper smears too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 decmeister

just because its a dublin reg doesnt me hes a dub
    JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS THERE

I can see that this thread is going in the wroooong direction.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Strange that they would park their cars so close to yours, and risk damage to their own when you were getting in. OT, It's so funny when you are in your car and parked really close to another car and the owner comes back and is so careful getting into their car, not to hit your car, because your watching them. It's obvious that if you weren't in your car then they would hit their door full whack off your car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

StAFVpZ.jpg

Knew a lad who used to deliberately park taking up 2 spaces. Said it avoided neighbouring cars dinging his when opening doors. Drove a BMW too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I can see that this thread is going in the wroooong direction.......

More Obnoxious Parking.... (thread closed)
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055438379/554
    Over the course of this thread there has been countless warnings regarding publishing information on poor parkers. Trying to get other posters to send a link to the guy for your own amusement and then insulting him? This is not on, common sense should tell you that. Infracted.And while I'm at it, well done. Thread closed pending discussion, but don't hold your breath people. There was a warning given 3 days ago that this would happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

I used to get fed up with this in the uk.returned to my car in a multi storey to find someone right next to the drivers door.just about managed to get in but in the process my keys must have been hanging out of my pocket as I squeezed down the side of the car.if they want to park that close they must expect the consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It happened to me once. Two vans jammed me in - one of them was literally touching my wing mirror. I presume it was more careless than malicious, because the spaces were genuinely a bit too small for vans. My car is a hatchback, so I was able to crawl in through the boot easily enough.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Happened me once in Nutgrove. I was 9 months pregnant at the time, literally 5 days away from my due date. Even if I hadn't been pregnant, there would have been no way for someone to squeeze down between the two cars, let alone get the door open. Same on the passenger side. I was driving the hubby's land rover, so luckily the boot opened like a door. So imagine the scene, woman the size and shape of a large beachball clambering into the boot, over the back seats and then cramming myself into the drivers seat. Seriously tempted to key the word "asshole" into the bonnets of the two offending cars. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

decmeister wrote: »
    just because its a dublin reg doesnt me hes a dub
    JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS THERE
    You are aware of the concept of a joke right? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

You are aware of the concept of a joke right? :rolleyes:

Humour is a scarce 'round these here places:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Strange that they would park their cars so close to yours, and risk damage to their own when you were getting in. OT, It's so funny when you are in your car and parked really close to another car and the owner comes back and is so careful getting into their car, not to hit your car, because your watching them. It's obvious that if you weren't in your car then they would hit their door full whack off your car..

It doesn't matter who's around or if no one is around, I'm always careful not to touch the car beside me when I'm opening my door. You must not care unless someone is around ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

statistically a number of people here who have had this problem are likely to have been the cause of it.
    I drive a heap, if someone has parked with their driver side so close to the line that me parking properly blocks them, I'm going to do it.
    Park properly, leave space on your drivers side, if you have passengers you can always drive out before they get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

I used to have a similar bunch of these in my glove box. Please feel free to use them whenever you require!

http://paradigm-shifting.deviantart.com/art/Mickey-Mouse-Parking-Ticket-154324265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I wouldn't call them a55hole parkers. Idiots is more like it.
    IMO a55hole Parker's are Beamer, merc, and Audi drivers ( no offence to any drivers of these cars if you don't do this)
    Why they feel the need to park their poxy car over two fcukin spaces is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

years ago I used to have a photocopy,well a few,of mickey mouse giving the finger and him saying "next time leave me a f...ing can opener " that could be left on the windscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

IMO a55hole Parker's are Beamer, merc, and Audi drivers ( no offence to any drivers of these cars if you don't do this)
    Why they feel the need to park their poxy car over two fcukin spaces is beyond me.

A bit uncalled for! It is usually the punto/micra/yaris/fiesta/206/focus/daewoo/daihatsu brigade that cannot park properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I find the worst culprits are those bastards in their cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Volvos, Mercs, Alfa Romeos and Bentleys are my top four in order of parking pillocks, in that order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bring back the obnoxious parking thread :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

How do you distinguish between people who park obnoxiously and people who are just sh*t at parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

This is actually a bit of a hobby of mine. I call it passive aggressive parking. Whenever I can I park ridiculously close to people who have been unsuccessful in parking between the lines. The key is to make sure their drivers side door is blocked or that they will otherwise be unable (or will have great difficulty) getting out.

I only do this when I'm in my pretty banged up Land Rover...

I have no idea if the OP was parked between the lines but I have been plugging this hobby for years now and I know it's catching on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

zarquon wrote: »
    A bit uncalled for! It is usually the punto/micra/yaris/fiesta/206/focus/daewoo/daihatsu brigade that cannot park properly.

Hes talking about taking up two spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well done OP, you showed good restraint and composure and probably did the right thing.

Muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

How do you distinguish between people who park obnoxiously and people who are just sh*t at parking?

The way to tell I always think is by the car, a nice clean well looked after car parked poorly is usually obnoxious and a dirty, dinged car that looks like the driver doesn't give a shiit is usually shiit parking.

In fairness to the obnoxious parkers I can see were they come from there are to many arseholes out there who will bounce doors of cars and not give a damn about it who don't respect the fact someone actually enjoys there car and doesn't just see it as a means to get from A to B.

I myself do generally drive around a car park till I find a suitable space, park between two well looked after cars, no baby seat in the back or in most cases if I can park right at the back of the car park so there is no car beside me which inevitably results in me coming back to find a car beside me :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I can park right at the back of the car park so there is no car beside me which inevitably results in me coming back to find a car beside me :pac:.

I always try to park well away from other cars whenever possible too.
    However, I've often come back to find a car parked right beside mine...even when there are loads of free spaces nearby?!
    Some people just dont get it/dont care!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coolbreeze2809

dantastic wrote: »
    This is actually a bit of a hobby of mine. I call it passive aggressive parking. Whenever I can I park ridiculously close to people who have been unsuccessful in parking between the lines. The key is to make sure their drivers side door is blocked or that they will otherwise be unable (or will have great difficulty) getting out.

I only do this when I'm in my pretty banged up Land Rover...

I have no idea if the OP was parked between the lines but I have been plugging this hobby for years now and I know it's catching on....

I miss doing this in my old golf. People in UCD seem incapable of parking between the lines. Many times I've had to open the boot before reversing in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement