Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING : PAYPAL CHARGE BACK EBAY SELLERS WATCH OUT !

• 27-03-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guy's, I have been with paypal and ebay since 2004 and sold a FEW vintage watches and clocks over this time and never had any problems still this week when a guy from the U.K. made a charge back on my paypal account for the watch I sold him 4 weeks ago and said its in bits and not working:eek: I will let you work that one out for yourself !! The watch was old and was in good working order and I never got the watch back from this guy !!.

So his card made a charge back to paypal and paypal has charged my paypal account to the sum of 900 Euro's. Lucky for me I don't put a lot of money into my main street back account and I always take my main bank card off my paypal account after I have payed for something on ebay.

Many Thanks - Pat:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

rolex0071 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's, I have been with paypal and ebay since 2004 and sold a FEW vintage watches and clocks over this time and never had any problems still this week when a guy from the U.K. made a charge back on my paypal account for the Omega watch I sold him 4 weeks ago and said its in bits and not working:eek: I will let you work that one out for yourself !! The watch was old and was in good working order and I never got the watch back from this guy !!.

So his card made a charge back to payapl and paypal has charged my paypal account to the sum of 900 Euro's. Lucky for me I don't put a lot of money into my main street back account and I always take my main bank card off my paypal account after I have payed for something on ebay.

I am moving my bank account also,

What can paypal do to me ?

Many Thanks - Pat:)

There is a dispute resolution process on ebay before they will initiate a charge back which involves the buyer contacting ebay who in turn will contact the seller. I have gone through this when a seller did not follow through on delivery after taking payment. It took about 6 weeks but I got my money back, the seller never took any part in the dispute resolution.

Did you not receive an email from the buyer or ebay regarding the dispute?
    If you had an issue with the charge back you should have asked for evidence and disputed with ebay. If you ignored any contact well then its your own fault. if you sold something for 900 euros you have some obligation to be available for any reasonable after sales dispute.

I assume paypal will chase you for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

U need to supply paypal with original tracking numbers by the sounds of it so there happy the item got delivered. Paypal cannot give back the money to the buyer also unless he can prove it was sent back to u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

U need to supply paypal with original tracking numbers by the sounds of it so there happy the item got delivered. Paypal cannot give back the money to the buyer also unless he can prove it was sent back to u

Advertisement