Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus From Dublin To San Francisco

Options
  • 27-03-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Booked flights with aerlingus from dublin to san francisco stopping in chicago. When booking we were asked if we wanted to purchase meals i thought these would have been included for a transatlantic longhaul flight. Does anyone know what the situation is with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm just guessing but... I didnt think Aer Lingus flew to SF so I expect you're on a transatlantic flight as far as Chicago but then maybe you change planes and take a domestic flight on to SF on some "partner" american airline? And for that one you'll have to pay for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I believe you will get the set meals on these flights. This "purchasing meals" lark might just be in case you want something in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

They've actually just started doing direct to SFO, so presumably you're with them all the way.

The buying food thing - they will include food, but they also give you the option to upgrade your food to something tastier. Not sure exactly what the difference is myself. But you will get a hot meal. The website should have more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There is food provided but the meal purchase idea is to upgrade the meal to what they serve the business class people. Basically, pay the few quid and you will get a good meal.
    I've no idea how good or bad the basic meal is but no doubt there will be a massive difference between it and the business class meal.
    Don't know how much it would cost but on a direct to San Francisco flight, it would be a nice benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

If you stop in Chicago, it's a code share probably with United. I don't think they start to SFO until April or May.
    I think on are lingual you can Bol quality meals vs standard..that's what they're asking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup, they're offering you "premium" meals as an optional extra.

Standard meals are still provided.

Advertisement