Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of small PVC french door

Options
  • 27-03-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to save to get a smallish french doors fitted at the back of my place.

The dimensions are 1.54m (width) + 2.00m (height)

What would you expect to pay for the doors (PVC) white. Double glazing etc.. and fitting???

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Anyone have an idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭scwazrh

door - 800 , fitting 200 if ope is ready , prepare an ope 400

thats a very basic door and glazing

Opening would be ready.. Looking double glazing and anti barrel lock snap thing :)

An Cigire wrote: »
    Opening would be ready.. Looking double glazing and anti barrel lock snap thing :)

That would be double glazed and a security barrel is about €80

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

scwazrh wrote: »
    That would be double glazed and a security barrel is about €80
    can i ask where are you getting 80 euro for a security barrell from ? can be bought for alot cheaper than that .

• Advertisement

door - 800 , fitting 200 if ope is ready , prepare an ope 400

thats a very basic door and glazing

800 euro really ?
    650 euro from this supplier , and i bought of him before myself .
    http://www.donedeal.ie/windows-for-sale/wholesale-pvc-french-doors-650-each/6566439

handandy wrote: »
    800 euro really ?
    650 euro from this supplier , and i bought of him before myself .
    http://www.donedeal.ie/windows-for-sale/wholesale-pvc-french-doors-650-each/6566439

No vat receipt at that price ,collection only and only if size is available.Not really a like for like comparison.

On security barrel , I can sell you a "high quality" security lock for 20 quid or you can put a brand name and tested lock in .I buy in bulk so get them reasonable but I assume the OP is not in the trade so would pay list price.

No vat receipt at that price ,collection only and only if size is available.Not really a like for like comparison.

On security barrel , I can sell you a "high quality" security lock for 20 quid or you can put a brand name and tested lock in .I buy in bulk so get them reasonable but I assume the OP is not in the trade so would pay list price.
    i can buy a branded certified and tested anti snap barrel from the trade counter in mila in kilbarrack for 40 euro so to say that they cost 80 euro is silly . i also have an abus french door internal anti jmmy bar lock that cost me a mere 60 euro . so maybe try to be more realistic with your prices for the original posters sake . the op asked for prices on a french door and thats what i gave the op , figures in the real world . oh and im not in the trade either im just a normal joe soap homeowner .

handandy wrote: »
    i can buy a branded certified and tested anti snap barrel in from the trade counter in mila in kilbarrack for 40 euro so to say that they cost 80 euro is silly . i also have an abus french door internal anti jmmy bar lock that cost me a mere 60 euro . so maybe try to be more realistic with your prices for the original posters sake . the op asked for prices on a french door and thats what i gave the op , you are just plucking figures out of thin air with your posts and not being that helpfull when it comes to the real world . oh and im not in the trade either , im just a normal joe soap homeowner .

Are you aware that quoting cash prices on this forum is not accepted?The OP asked what is the expected price of a patio door and that is what i have advised,not some cash quick sale from donedeal as you have.

As a "normal joe soap homeowner" you should do some research and find out real prices not some one off lucky rates someone once stumbled across.

TBF , I've responded to two of your posts and you've decided I have a chip on my shoulder and have an issue?I pay very little attention to online comments.

I will ring the company you've mentioned tomorrow and if they will supply to me those doors at that price with a vat receipt , I will give you my most sincere thanks as it will save me a lot of money given the number of doors we buy each week.If you have any other too good to be true discount suppliers please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all responses lands..

Out of curiosity if the prepriority work was done. Is there a lot required in fitting the doors?

@scwazrh What's the quality like of the doors you listed? Would they be good in relation to heat retention and the like?

Appreciate any info on this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Also whats very important here is to make sure you buy windows that are certified "a rated"! Most manufactures will give you a copy of the certification.

Advertisement