Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Business - Need Advice

Options
  • 27-03-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!

Looking for some advice on where to start! I have been making Nappy Cakes for friends and family as gifts for their new borns. I have had a huge response and was encouraged to think about starting a small business. I am totally new to this business world but would like to give it a go.

I have been doing some on-line research however I'm not getting very far! :(. I know this won't be an easy journey and there is a lot to think about but I gotta start somewhere I guess!!

If anyone has advice on where I could source a supplier for the 'ingredients' such as nappies, blankets, baby creams, clothing etc. As I said, I am totally new to this so I don't have a clue where to even begin! Ideally, I would like to use as many resources that are Irish as much as I can.

Anyway, if you have any advice and would be so kind as to give me a push in the right direction I would be most grateful!

Thanks all! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Go to your County Enterprise Board or Local Employment service office they have advice and can point you to a start your own business course. Depending on you employments status there are many different supports and advice available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kieraki

Thanks terryhobdell, I will head down to them tomorrow and see what advice they have! :) I am in full time employment so this will be a small hobby style business on the side really! Unless it really takes off in the future which would be great!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi Kieraki
    My company aids people in creating their own brand, conducted through some workshops. These workshops help small businesses creating their brand identity. PM for more details

Advertisement