Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in Vietnam

Options
  • 28-03-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a 22 year old student with a bachelors degree and soon will have a higher diploma. I would like to teach English in Vietnam from September 2014 until approx. June 2015.

The main thing I was wondering was where are the best places to go to teach english in Vietnam apart from either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?

Also what would be the best to do in terms of a TEFL course, and what sort of visa should I get?

Anyone with any knowledge of Vietnam or teaching abroad, I would really appreciate your advice on anything at all related to this topic. THANK YOU!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 M Gallruddy

garrfc wrote: »
    I am a 22 year old student with a bachelors degree and soon will have a higher diploma. I would like to teach English in Vietnam from September 2014 until approx. June 2015.

The main thing I was wondering was where are the best places to go to teach english in Vietnam apart from either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?

Also what would be the best to do in
    terms of a TEFL course, and what sort of visa should I get?
    Hi, I taught English in ha noi for 6 months. I done a 100 hr online Tefl course, but it doesn't matter too much what course you do. There's plenty of work available. All you need is to be an English speaker. I had Dutch, polish, and Indian friends teaching English in ha noi.
    Don't know if you've started looking at jobs yet (the new hanoian website).don't be put off by "experience essential".me and my friends got jobs without any.
    I was very lucky because my brother lives in viet nam and I got jobs through him and his friends. That's the way the majority of people get teaching jobs.
    Don't know if you know anyone out there, but it's really easy to make friends. Join the Facebook page "hanoi massive", , another way to get jobs and make friends.
    I'm heading out to viet nam again at the end of august.enjoy your time out there

Anyone with any knowledge of Vietnam or teaching abroad, I would really appreciate your advice on anything at all related to this topic. THANK YOU!
    Hi
    I taught English in ha

Advertisement