Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T Mart Games Console

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

None of the Megadrive work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

GBA games are great on this, reliving Super Mario World at the moment!

Great game, think I have got further than ever on it (which isnt that far:))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Can someone put names of gba mario ganes that work on it? I only ever knew mario on snes but will try get some gba ones on it soon. Need to get time.
    I assume gba mario is the same as snes mario...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can someone put names of gba mario ganes that work on it? I only ever knew mario on snes but will try get some gba ones on it soon. Need to get time.
    I assume gba mario is the same as snes mario...

I have gba mario kart and it works great.
    Super mario advance 4 (gba)

I also have
    Super mario world (snes)
    super mario all stars (snes)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

gmisk, I saw your post in the other thread.

It's strange that the PS1 games on the device (the black one) don't work for you. They do work for me although in fairness some of them e.g. Tekken are quite slow and not really playable.

I'll try to do more investigation over the weekend if I get time. My initial thoughts were that the handheld was using Dingoo for emulation, I'm not sure now, but it is likely. It does appear to be a knockoff of a JXD3000 or some other JXD device (so really, it's kinda a knockoff of a knockoff - with minor case alterations. Still has the GamePlayer logo though). I tried to access the main system via the usb cable using the JXD drivers, firmware updates etc. but had no luck. When you connect you can only see the partition they allow you to access (to put your own ROMs onto)- I also tried connecting with certain buttons pressed to enable full access - no luck.
    If I can get access to that area, then I can check what SIM files are there - these are the emularors - it seems like some SIMs are missing or not compatible.

Also tried converting megadrive roms in a few different ways, no luck so far.

The rest (all installed games, and all gba/snes games, as well as music/film/camera) seem to be fine.

Minor gripe - would love to be able to turn off the opening intro sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Its a shame tbh...the only reason I wanted it was for metal slug....but I am sure I can get that on another platform.
    If they run PS1 games slow I might just hang onto it...dont think I could be bothered sending it back and waiting for a new one.

I get what you mean about the opening sound!

gmisk wrote: »
    Its a shame tbh...the only reason I wanted it was for metal slug....but I am sure I can get that on another platform.
    If they run PS1 games slow I might just hang onto it...dont think I could be bothered sending it back and waiting for a new one.

I get what you mean about the opening sound!

Actually, ps1 metal slug is one of the ones that doesn't run slow!!

drag0n79 wrote: »
    gmisk, I saw your post in the other thread.

It's strange that the PS1 games on the device (the black one) don't work for you. They do work for me although in fairness some of them e.g. Tekken are quite slow and not really playable.

I'll try to do more investigation over the weekend if I get time. My initial thoughts were that the handheld was using Dingoo for emulation, I'm not sure now, but it is likely. It does appear to be a knockoff of a JXD3000 or some other JXD device (so really, it's kinda a knockoff of a knockoff - with minor case alterations. Still has the GamePlayer logo though). I tried to access the main system via the usb cable using the JXD drivers, firmware updates etc. but had no luck. When you connect you can only see the partition they allow you to access (to put your own ROMs onto)- I also tried connecting with certain buttons pressed to enable full access - no luck.
    If I can get access to that area, then I can check what SIM files are there - these are the emularors - it seems like some SIMs are missing or not compatible.

Also tried converting megadrive roms in a few different ways, no luck so far.

The rest (all installed games, and all gba/snes games, as well as music/film/camera) seem to be fine.

Minor gripe - would love to be able to turn off the opening intro sound.

Sounds like you really know this stuff. I wish you luck. Hopefully you can hack it open to get more emulation on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

I'll try to do more investigation over the weekend if I get time. My initial thoughts were that the handheld was using Dingoo for emulation, I'm not sure now, but it is likely. It does appear to be a knockoff of a JXD3000 or some other JXD device

If this helps - heres whats inside the White version ...

CPU: ATJ2259C
    Board: TCH 4312B_v4.3 20120726
    Flash Chip: 29F64G08GFACB (8Gig SSD flash)
    Camera: TOTSH 0309F-A
    Screen: YPT430C001A

The name of the software installed on the white version is:
    int_us225a_1027_110616

Here are some photos of whats inside (a russian blog)
    (this is definitely the hardware inside the White version with no touch screen- but not sure its the same as the Black version with Touch Screen)
    http://forum.x-drivers.ru/index.php?showtopic=5610

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    If this helps - heres whats inside the White version ...

CPU: ATJ2259C
    Board: TCH 4312B_v4.3 20120726
    Flash Chip: 29F64G08GFACB (8Gig SSD flash)
    Camera: TOTSH 0309F-A
    Screen: YPT430C001A

The name of the software installed on the white version is:
    int_us225a_1027_110616

Here are some photos of whats inside (a russian blog)
    (this is definitely the hardware inside the White version with no touch screen- but not sure its the same as the Black version with Touch Screen)
    http://forum.x-drivers.ru/index.php?showtopic=5610

Thanks. As far as I can see they are pretty different.

So far no luck with the black version, have scoured the net for any info and have tried any of the options for all of the similar consoles - e.g. keypresses etc. to get at the device and see what it is actually running.

Still no luck with any megadrive games either.

• Advertisement

Thanks. As far as I can see they are pretty different.

So far no luck with the black version, have scoured the net for any info and have tried any of the options for all of the similar consoles - e.g. keypresses etc. to get at the device and see what it is actually running.

Still no luck with any megadrive games either.

Would TMart tell you if you asked them and told them what you wanted to do?

Would TMart tell you if you asked them and told them what you wanted to do?

Back on that question, would TMart be likely to tell the experts here what is in the units?

Back on that question, would TMart be likely to tell the experts here what is in the units?

They don't make the units - they are just a shop -
    but while looking I found the factory that claim to be the manufacturers of these units

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/mp5-firmware-upgrade-with-LED-flashlight_1597907094.html

There is a Chat To button on the page - if you found a Chinese speaker it might improve your chances of getting any good info from them.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

It's a T899 made by UnisCom (Beijing Science and Technology Co) - surprising there's no other ready info/forum interest. A longshot - maybe one of the agents?

The games on the screen on that t899 link look amazing compared to what is on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Put PS1 Crash Bandicoot 2 on there. Emulation / Frame rate is terrible. Unplayable really.

budgemook wrote: »
    Put PS1 Crash Bandicoot 2 on there. Emulation / Frame rate is terrible. Unplayable really.

What version console do you have?

There seems be two - maybe three versions in this thread??

white(no touch screen-came with no ps1 games)

and possibly two black versions(?) judging on the content people report on it??

Oh - and those saying the TV out didn't work - the cables are colour coded wrong on some shipments - the Red wire is the Video signal - also it needs be plugged in to power - not on batteries.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

ozmo wrote: »
    What version console do you have?

There seems be two - maybe three versions in this thread??

white(no touch screen-came with no ps1 games)

and possibly two black versions(?) judging on the content people report on it??

Oh - and those saying the TV out didn't work - the cables are colour coded wrong on some shipments - the Red wire is the Video signal - also it needs be plugged in to power - not on batteries.
    It's black. I was playing psone worms after and that worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

budgemook wrote: »
    It's black. I was playing psone worms after and that worked well.

Can anyone confirm if the white one can play ps1 games? It plays snes, megadrive, nes, gba and gb, gbc. I also tried n64 but not working. Havent tried a ps1 yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Seems like the black one is the safer bet of the two?

• Advertisement
Advertisement