Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling an existing line

Options
  • 28-03-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

I moved into my new home a month ago, the previous owners have contacted Eircom requesting that they cancel their existing account at the address.
    I can't organise our landline/broadband until this existing line has been cancelled.
    It's a month later and I'm still waiting, this has led to huge expense on the family's behalf regarding use of mobile phones and data packages.

Can I please get this expedited. I'm getting extremely frustrated and my next port of call is with comreg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Helmet wrote: »
    I moved into my new home a month ago, the previous owners have contacted Eircom requesting that they cancel their existing account at the address.
    I can't organise our landline/broadband until this existing line has been cancelled.
    It's a month later and I'm still waiting, this has led to huge expense on the family's behalf regarding use of mobile phones and data packages.

Can I please get this expedited. I'm getting extremely frustrated and my next port of call is with comreg.

Hi Helmet

A 30 day notice period in advance must be given to eircom for cancellations. There is an exception where the service can be cancelled right away if the customer agrees to a settling amount of one months rental for the line ( €25.78 ) and broadband ( €25.39 ) for failure or to provide a 30 day notice.

Have you any reference number for the said account? I can check the progress with this cancellation if you want.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Hi Helmet

A 30 day notice period in advance must be given to eircom for cancellations. There is an exception where the service can be cancelled right away if the customer agrees to a settling amount of one months rental for the line ( €25.78 ) and broadband ( €25.39 ) for failure or to provide a 30 day notice.

Have you any reference number for the said account? I can check the progress with this cancellation if you want.

Thanks

Al
    Can you check just using the address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Helmet

Thanks

Al
    Can you check just using the address?
    Hi Helmet

I might be able to to check with the address, please PM it to me and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement