Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have an opinion on the Doborplast 'Encore' window profile?

Options
  • 28-03-2014 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all. I'm currently in the process of trying to choose a window supplier for our new build.

Alu-clad is out of our budget (I checked :)).

So we're looking at good quality uPVC triple glazed.

Have a good price from a company in Cashel who supply the Dobroplast 'Encore' triple glazed window 48mm triple glazed.

Does anyone have any opinion on this by any chance or have it installed in their own house? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

welcome wsmiam

ALL specific responses relating to any companies by PM, please

(as we dont allow discussion on specific companies)

had a quick look there and couldn't find much. would you mind PM'n me their CE marking and thermal data sheets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Google, shows a Co of that name based in Poland. I have never heard of them.

The limited details on the Web-site do not show anything extraordinary.

Are the Cashel Co importing them made up, I presume so, if so make sure all the measurements are correct, as an error will not be easily replaced, if the replacement has to come from Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wsmiam

They're importing them already made up.

My concern exactly is that when there is a problem we'll end up with delays on the project. Also, the reviews (limited) of the company I've read online aren't that great but people are saying they've improved greatly since they were taken over by a larger foreign company in 2011/12.

The profile triple glazed with Ug of 0.5 is promising a Uw of 0.77 and from looking at a LOT of profiles I'm certainly tempted by this one.
    Alas though, I think I'll stick with the nearest in price Irish supplier.

The OP was referred to the forum charter, claimed by PM to have have noted it and then comments on the company's online reputation! .. Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement