Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ireland Credit Card - Any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

FYI

Threw some money into my Paddy Power account for the world cup. Tesco regard this (and other gambling) as a cash advance and you pay interest and fees on it.

Doh! You also don't get clubcard points. Lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Have had a Tesco credit card for about 10 years. Main reason I choose Tesco was that you earn .5% of what you spend, back in Clubcard vouchers which is effectively cashback and this covers the costs of having a credit card in the first place. eg. €30 in Government charges and a whole raft of other charges should you fall into arrears or take a cash advance.

That's the good news. The bad news is their interest rates are higher than just about anybody else and they can be very finicky about foreign transactions (you need to phone up first to get clearance for the transaction) also for online purchases over a certain limit, they force you to have an extra 'Tesco' security login. Also even after 10 years my credit limit is still only about €3000. I think its simply the case that Tesco are happy to take the Paddy Euro .. but they definitely don't trust us :-(

Advertisement