Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for a Band

Options
  • 28-03-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the place to go,

Basically my mates are in a band and they need a web site, just something basic.

Is it possible to buy a .ie domain for it after making one of a free hosting site and have say a contact us form on it for email etc? Its been years since i messed about with this stuff so all the info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this is the right place to post this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes. My choir has one done in Blogger.

Admittedly got the .ie before we went to the current site. It's the hardest part, since you have to convince the Irish authorities that you have a right to the domain. But using free hosting does not make it harder AFAIK.

If you want to get into selling stuff on the site, then it gets a good deal more complex, and you probably cannot use free-hosting for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

Why not go for a .com, cheaper and I'd never use free hosting... hosting is cheap these days.

Pm me if you want more help.

Advertisement