Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belsonic 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Bosh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have a young wan here who is looking to go to this with a few friends (15 - 16 yrs old) to see Imagine Dragons.

Any veterans who could fill me on the the general atmosphere, safety etc?

I see it says 16+....

Cheers

been to a few of these and the atmosphere is very hospitable and as with most Belfast gigs there is a real camaraderie and openness within the crowd. Security is very tight and they are strict with IDs so anyone underage will defo be turned away. It they are all 16 by August and you are comfortable with it then it will be a trip they will remember fondly in years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got my qotsa ticket anyway. Should be class night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bosh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have a young wan here who is looking to go to this with a few friends (15 - 16 yrs old) to see Imagine Dragons.

Any veterans who could fill me on the the general atmosphere, safety etc?

I see it says 16+....

Cheers

Must agree with previous posts. I've been to 4 gigs at Belsonic (two in 2012 & two in 2013).

Absolutely super event. Gorgeous city centre location with excellent crowds and great atmosphere. Security was nice and tight but not in your face. The police had a very visible presence around the city centre and the area where the gigs were held. They don't take any crap up there at these events.

Can not recommend these gigs enough and will be heading along myself again this year. I've brought my Dad along aswell in the past and he loved it.

IMO, the organisation in NI is superior to ROI. I've been to Ulster Hall and Tennents Vital a few times also and always had a really good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got my QOTSA ticket. Tempted by Biffy but I'll hold off til closer the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Did anybody manage to go to these gigs before and get back to Dublin the same night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Beekay wrote: »
    Did anybody manage to go to these gigs before and get back to Dublin the same night?

Do you mean by bus?

Bus Éireann in conjunction with Translink Ulster Bus run services throughout the night to and from Belfast and Dublin, with stops at Sprucefield, Banbridge, Newry, Dublin Airport and Bus Aras.

Aircoach also run services between Belfast and Dublin throughout the night.

Aircoach leave from Glengall Street for Dublin with a first stop at the airport and then Dublin City Centre

The Ulster Bus/Bus Éireann service leaves from the Europa Bus Centre alongside Glengall St.

The Europa Bus Station locks up at 11pm but there is an entrance to the Bus departure area at the gate to the station on Glengall Street.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1367495210-001X.pdf

Between June and September the Bus Éireann/Ulster Bus Translink service is hourly throughout the night to and from Belfast and Dublin

The aircoach service is hourly on the half hour from Belfast back to Dublin

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-705-x-belfast-dublin-airport-dublin-city-express

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Heading to imagine dragons and was hoping to get a hotel for the night but looking very expensive, should have booked something last week. Anybody any recommendations ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

viv2 wrote: »
    Heading to imagine dragons and was hoping to get a hotel for the night but looking very expensive, should have booked something last week. Anybody any recommendations ??

Have you tried the days hotel or the Ibis?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

viv2 wrote: »

Have you tried www.airb&b.com?

We booked 2 nights(Wed for Queens and the Thurs for The Killers) on this and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than any hotel we could find.

Thanks wirelessdude01tl i think ive found something there. :)

All the hotels ive looked at are way over €100 for the night and I would prefer somewhere that has parking which seems to be hard to get. Have stayed in the encore ramada before and thats the cheapest i can see that suits but i know i wont be able to sleep as the walls are paper thin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

I'll put in a wee plug for this B&B I use when I go to Belfast. It's outside the city centre. Taxi to City Hall is a fiver and there's a shopping centre directly across the road with an off licence and a McD's. Lady that runs it is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

rock whore wrote: »
    I'll put in a wee plug for this B&B I use when I go to Belfast. It's outside the city centre. Taxi to City Hall is a fiver and there's a shopping centre directly across the road with an off licence and a McD's. Lady that runs it is very nice.

We stayed there last year for two nights around the Vital gigs but it was already booked for the dates we wanted this year. Excellent location for anyone going to Vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

try the etap in belfast. Wasnt showing up on the main hotel 'scrapers' but looks decent for around 30-40 euro.

http://ibisbudgethotel.ibis.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml

Ended up booking the days hotel through a travel agent ( I had a gift voucher) for cheaper than all the booking sites. It was £80 for a double room.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just booked the Fitzwilliam Hotel for €192 for 2 nights for 2 people...not too shabby. Night before and of the QotSA gig. Hopefully another good band playing Belfast the Tuesday!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Janes Addiction for Belsonic??????

http://www.nme.com/news/janes-addiction/77001

Ticket for QOTSA came in post today :)

According to their Facebook more acts announced in the coming days.

Assuming one of the support acts is Brody Dalle, like others said JEW wouldnt be a bad suggestion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10402654_769594769729367_8645803600872082554_n.jpg

Any ideas who is supporting imagine dragons?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Never been to Belsonic or Vital or any NI event before and only Belfast once. Never knew about the nighttime Belfast to Dublin buses which may be my saviour considering I've no accommodation booked yet and most likely going solo. Definitely going to Vital/The Killers and highly considering Belsonic/Imagine Dragons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Celtise wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info in this thread. Never been to Belsonic or Vital or any NI event before and only Belfast once. Never knew about the nighttime Belfast to Dublin buses which may be my saviour considering I've no accommodation booked yet and most likely going solo. Definitely going to Vital/The Killers and highly considering Belsonic/Imagine Dragons.

Hi

just to mention, I mentioned before how in the last few years, from June till September, the Bus Éireann/Translink Ulster Bus service to and from Belfast and Dublin had been hourly from 11pm till 5am (during the summer).

This year, however, the service, during the summer, is remaining as every two hours from 11pm till 5am to and from Belfast.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1401895552-001X.pdf

It leaves from the Europa Bus Station, with the entrance to the station from the gate at Glengall Street, (as the main entrance to the station closes at 11pm).

Another option to get back to Dublin would be Aircoach's services from Belfast to Dublin that leave nearby the Europa Bus Station, from Glengall St. They are hourly from 12.30am

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-705-x-belfast-dublin-airport-dublin-city-express

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Just bought a ticket for QOTSA this evening. Don't know if anyone I know is going - would this be an okay gig for someone going solo? I've been to gigs by myself before, but just indoor ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 otumelty

Just bought a ticket for QOTSA this evening. Don't know if anyone I know is going - would this be an okay gig for someone going solo? I've been to gigs by myself before, but just indoor ones.

Should be fine, I went to kasabian at belsonic on my lonesome and had no bother, it's not a huge space, only holds ~5k so it's quite intimate for an outdoor gig

Totally grand as mentioned for an outdoor gig its a fairly tidy affair capacity wise and seems well organized was there for NIN last year on me tod and will take the trip up again this time for QOTSA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thinking about heading up for QOTSA, anyone any idea of stage times last year (or this year of course)

Wouldn't be able to leave Dublin til about half 5, would like to catch The Minutes supporting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

nm wrote: »
    Thinking about heading up for QOTSA, anyone any idea of stage times last year (or this year of course)

Wouldn't be able to leave Dublin til about half 5, would like to catch The Minutes supporting too.

QOTSA will probably be on at 9 while the minutes may start between 7 - 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xchancellor

Last year it was;

Gates 6pm

First Act 6.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Isnt Brody playing a set also?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Yes judging by their poster/advert it looks like the Minutes are up first, then Brody and QOSTA. I've no idea of stage times though.

• Advertisement

They finally announced the support for imagine dragons. Soul sister dance revolution and the whereabouts.

Advertisement