Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot use German Maestro Card on BoI ATMs any longer

Options
  • 28-03-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

All of a sudden I could not use my German Maestro Card any longer. The error code on the ATM was "card faulty" (and I tried at least 5 differemt ATMs in 3 different branches). So I ordered a new Maestro Card from my German Bank, but no luck. Still get the error message card faulty. Same on AIB ATMs, card allegedly faulty. So I tried the card on an Ulster Bank ATM, and surprise, surprise, the card is accepted and no problem with cash withdrawal. So why does BOI not accept my German Maestro card any longer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi andreas_220D,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

You can use your Maestro card at any ATM that displays the International Maestro Accepted symbol.

It would be advisable to contact your bank directly if you are having issues using the card. 

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Hi andreas_220D,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

You can use your Maestro card at any ATM that displays the International Maestro Accepted symbol.

It would be advisable to contact your bank directly if you are having issues using the card.

Thanks

Hi Nicola,

as I said, the card is fine as it can be used in any Ulster Bank ATM, it's just BoI and AIB ATMs that claim the card would be faulty. I had the card already sent back to Germany for testing and the result is the same: the card is fine. So why do you not accept German Maestro cards any longer on your ATMs?

Again: if I use the card in any Ulster Bank ATM, there's absolutely no problem. It just yours and AIB's ATMs that won't accept my Maestro card any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi andreas_220D,

All of our ATMs are operating normally and they will accept Maestro cards issued by any bank. We don't why your own card is not being accepted at some bank's ATMs and would be unable to investigate this for you. 

Apologies that we are unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement