Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Vista and Wireless connection

Options
  • 28-03-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Need bit of help.

Working on 2 Vista laptops similar problems.

1 will not connect to wireless - saying its connected but limited access basically wont let me do anything cant even ping ips. tried connecting with cable not pickin that up. all drivers up todate tried reinstalling. ran malware found few files. could it be a virus? Tried to run system restore but saying there issue with the disk and wont run, i ran defrags, cmd scan disk.

NOTHING WORKS ... i scourered the net for help :confused:

other machine... getting error 31 in the device manager for network adapters. Same steps as above.

Im thnikin reloading both. heads wrecked !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Have you got another device to test the connection to make sure the internet isnt down?

If so, go into your network connections and remove the connection and add it again as a brand new connection, and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

vibes23 wrote: »
    1 will not connect to wireless - saying its connected but limited access basically wont let me do anything cant even ping ips. tried connecting with cable not pickin that up.
    Hang on, 1 thing at a time, are you saying with a network cable the internet doesn't work??? If so wireless won't work either.

Edit, if I read that wrong & wireless is the only problem, try changing the channel. And find the drivers for your network adapters on the other machine to fix the device manager error.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

ye sorry for confusion. I tried the cable but wont pic up connection. net is defo workin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect with it turned off - if you can, reset your firewall to default settings, something may have triggered it to lock you down. What result does the command ipconfig return in the command (cmd) window?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

If it's saying limited connectivity & the internet is definitely working there is probably too many people using the same wifi channel, some routers change it automatically, other's you have to set it manually.

In saying that, if you plug in a network cable & disconnect the wifi you should be able to connect no problem, if it doesn't work over ethernet you have bigger problems than wifi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement