Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement of faulty shoes

Options
  • 28-03-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

I purchased a pair of shoes recently and the stitching busted after a few months, i left the shoes in and had a call from the manager saying that there is an obvious issue and they will refund or replace. They also said they don't have the same style anymore but i could chose something else, can they charge me the difference in price if there is one or am i entitled to chose a similar style even if its more expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would safely say that after a few months of use if they were €40 then if the shop give you the value back then they have honered the agreement. I wouldnt be looking for a pair of €60 shoes and asking them to take the extra €20 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It'd be replacement to the value of the shoes. Maybe if there was a small difference they may not charge you as an act of goodwill but, ultimately they don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

They cost 150 new and had a 1 year warranty, is it my choice or the shops choice? They have admitted the shoes are faulty, can i demand a replacement or can they just say here's your money now take a hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

What do you want them to do? Take back your €150 shoes and give you any pair you like of unlimited value?? Why would they do that?

Shoes like clothes are seasonal, it's quite possible despite you having put shaded them four months ago that they are not currently made anymore, so by all means ask if they can get you a replacement pair however bare in mind that it may be be possible for the shop to get them.

Personnaly I'd say go with choosing another pair. Legally you are one of the solutions you are entitled to is a replacement but if the store has offered you a different pair and especially if the origional a are out of production (which may or may not be the case), it'll be a hard argument to win.

• Advertisement

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    What do you want them to do? Take back your €150 shoes and give you any pair you like of unlimited value?? Why would they do that?

unlimited value shoes, they sound nice!, all i want a similar replacement pair but i don't want to have to fork out much, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Isn't it a good job you're not dealing with a shop that might accuse you of playing football or going mountain climbing in them and offer nothing.
    Take the replacement or refund as offered. It's all you're entitled to.

emeldc wrote: »
    Isn't it a good job you're not dealing with a shop that might accuse you of playing football or going mountain climbing in them and offer nothing.
    Take the replacement or refund as offered. It's all you're entitled to.

That's exactly what i want, a replacement pair, they cant provide an exact replacement so im wondering do i have to pay the difference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

xabi wrote: »
    That's exactly what i want, a replacement pair, they cant provide an exact replacement so im wondering do i have to pay the difference?

If the replacement pair are for more than €150 then yes you should have to pay the difference!!!

Yes. You have also had the use of the shoes for 3 months. Is there no value in that?

• Advertisement

i have 2 options, take a refund or a replacement, is it my choice or the shops which option gets used?

i have 2 options, take a refund or a replacement, is it my choice or the shops which option gets used?

I thought they offered you a refund or replacement

It's meant to be a mutual decision between the two of you.
    Have you checked their current range? If so is this a case that there wasn't anything you liked?

The shop does seem to be playing ball here in fairness.

the shop are playing ball 100%, i just haven't been back yet to check what they have and wanted to know my rights beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

If there is no replacement available then a refund is all you are entitled to unless you want a repair. If a repair is not feasible then you are left with just a refund. You are not entitled to goods of a similar value unless this condition was part of the terms of sale and usually then its at the shops discretion.

If there is no replacement available then a refund is all you are entitled to unless you want a repair. If a repair is not feasible then you are left with just a refund.

Thanks, that's all i wanted to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

a shop is offering FULL no quibble refund even after several months of wear and the OP has a problem with it? - The OP want EXTRA???

I've heard it all now.

Some people just are never happy.

skelligs wrote: »
    a shop is offering FULL no quibble refund even after several months of wear and the OP has a problem with it? - The OP want EXTRA???

I've heard it all now.

You should read what i asked again, i DONT have a problem with anything, just wanted to know where i stand - read the post before spouting your mouth of next time!

The OP did seem quite happy, they just weren't sure what they were entitled too. I never got the idea that they wanted more than a replacement pair of shoes. Read the posts and you'll see that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

They cost 150 new and had a 1 year warranty, is it my choice or the shops choice? They have admitted the shoes are faulty, can i demand a replacement or can they just say here's your money now take a hike.
    You should read what i asked again, i DONT have a problem with anything, just wanted to know where i stand - read the post before spouting your mouth of next time!

Looks to me you were hoping someone would tell you that you can claim a higher price product.

• Advertisement

Looks to me you were hoping someone would tell you that you can claim a higher price product.

Well, you are wrong, as I have stated numerous times I was asking about my rights. Anyway, they gave me the current version of the shoe I had the issue with and didn't charge the difference. Thanks to the posters who provided constructive info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Well, you are wrong, as I have stated numerous times I was asking about my rights. Anyway, they gave me the current version of the shoe I had the issue with and didn't charge the difference. Thanks to the posters who provided constructive info.
    That's a very good outcome.

Even though they didn't do it for that reason, I think the retailers deserve a bit of public acknowledgement. Name?

That's a very good outcome.

Even though they didn't do it for that reason, I think the retailers deserve a bit of public acknowledgement. Name?

Ecco shoes, can't fault them.

Advertisement