Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying logs?

• 28-03-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Evening all I was wondering can you buy logs of Coillte individually or do they only sell in large bulks.

Reason why I ask is purely firewood for myself just doing some early prep for the winter ahead and I dont need a truck load more along the lines of between 5-10 logs.

Regards Jon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Hard to get it off them as all there pulp wood is being taken to medite about 1200 for an artic load as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

€1200 for an artic...doesn't seem 2 bad. how much is in an artic in terms of logs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

jonon9 wrote: »
    €1200 for an artic...doesn't seem 2 bad. how much is in an artic in terms of logs?

Where you based Jon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Ennis in Co.Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

jonon9 wrote: »
    Ennis in Co.Clare

Can't help you so.

cheapest place to buy logs is to collect at roadside.

Good time to buy, with all the storm damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Just buy a bulk bag in the region of €200-€300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Or get friendly with a local tree surgeon, although, nowadays most of them either have a market for the logs or the homeowners they are cutting the trees for are keeping the logs themselves

Advertisement