Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Cathal's show The Listening Post (on right now) is really good. There's so much more diversity on the night shows. I wonder does he pre-record that during the day though? I assume so - he's due to broadcast again at 7 bells in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ah dont worry i'll send old Shep around to round all ye Beatle fans up....bahhhhh..:p
    The Beatles are universally recognised as having produced some of the best music of the last century, and to claim they make you 'yawn' is strange considering the size of their back catalogue and the diversity of their music.

I think you are the sheep to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

K4t wrote: »
    The Beatles are universally recognised as having produced some of the best music of the last century, and to claim they make you 'yawn' is strange considering the size of their back catalogue and the diversity of their music.

I think you are the sheep to be honest.

Lets not go off topic too much, but suffice to say, I hate the Beatles, hate PMC and everything he's ever done..cant understand why he's given this "god like" status by his followers...the wrong one was shot imo....its a bit like Oasis or Blur....hate Oasis too for some reason...
    Stones for me........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Beatles bore the arse off me too.
    the Stones are even worse.
    i don't really mind McCartney that much. Lennon was a woman-beating d1ckhead.

i don't really mind McCartney that much. Lennon was a woman-beating d1ckhead.

The lesser of two evils imo.....same with the stones if i'm honest....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Right lads, battle lines are being drawn here.

People who can at the very least appreciate that the Beatles were massively innovative and had some decent tunes Vs people who never matured past their 'trying too hard to be different' teenage demeanour

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Right lads, battle lines are being drawn here.

People who can at the very least appreciate that the Beatles were massively innovative and had some decent tunes Vs people who never matured past their 'trying too hard to be different' teenage demeanour

Ah, the old "everyone has to like the Beatles, so anyone who doesn't is doing so to be contrary" line.

Some people simply don't like them - time for you to grow up and accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

MYOB wrote: »
    Ah, the old "everyone has to like the Beatles, so anyone who doesn't is doing so to be contrary" line.

Some people simply don't like them - time for you to grow up and accept that.

OFF TOPIC!!! :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was going to post that this discussion is off topic but given that it's the sort of debate that the likes of Joe Donnelly frequently encourages, I don't see the problem. I'd prefer if it was more general, music-that-everyone-seems-to-like-except-me, though!

As for the Beatles, I studied their music academically for years. Musically, I admire them but I just cannot bring myself to listen to them. I've just never liked them, apart from one or two lesser-known tracks. The ones that typically get radio air-time do my nut.

While were at it..that Johnny Marr song drives me mad..OMFG...69 times he says "money"......and this from the man who co-wrote "How soon is now".....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

You're obviously a raging capitalist who can't stand their system being critiqued in any way... or yeah, maybe it is a bit repetitive.

Thoughts on today's 105 greatest guitarists special? I'm loving it. Great to hear non-playlisted tracks all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Twizzler wrote: »
    Thoughts on today's 105 greatest guitarists special? I'm loving it. Great to hear non-playlisted tracks all day!

Disappointed none of the great old timers made the list.

Yeah, some good stuff in there....Hopefully they'll take note of what the listeners want now....or not, like Nova...:rolleyes:

Claire just said Joe would be popping in to do music news in the next hour. I thought he was on holidays this week, or did I get that wrong? I thought Paul was covering for him this week.

I ruddywell hate that cursed Jamie T Zombie song. I don't care if it's new, or for the fact that it mentions zombies and it's around hallowe'en, it absolutely f*ck*ng atrocious, and no amount of record company money should force listeners to have to listen to this abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bydlo

More Royal Blood please

Claire Beck's show is so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Claire Beck's show is so boring

But every song, text and bit of news are DEADLY. Do you not be dancing in your seat listening to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Please, please stop playing AC every song sounds the same DC and that new Johnny Marr track. It's shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

The Parklife lad who keeps doing terribly annoying accents is making the show even more insufferable. Bring back Stadium Rock with Richie Ryan, please!

Paul Donegan annoys me simply for the fact all his links just consist of "this was the latest/second/last single taken from artist's debut/current/thirteenth album, album name", which is really grating. Plus, he seems to be the stand-in guy so he's on a lot, talking that 'I'm trying to sound like I know everything about music' malarky a lot.

Why also did they have to get rid of the Weekender Extender shows after 10pm that used to be on Friday & Saturday nights on Phantom, because it's such a pity.

Birneybau wrote: »
    But every song, text and bit of news are DEADLY. Do you not be dancing in your seat listening to it?

I know, the hyperbole gets grating, mixed with the fact that her show has the most tepid, repetitive songs on the station, I find it practically unlistenable

Liam92 wrote: »
    Bring back Stadium Rock with Richie Ryan, please!

+ 1. I haven't known what Mrs Ryan thinks of football for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bydlo

Definitely want Richie Ryan back.

I'm wondering how long it will take Paul to mention the Foo Fighters tonight :)

Dont get why theyre still playing Hozier......They wouldnt play Adele or Sam Smith......same ****e.....but imo Smith is a better singer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He's Irish, and he has a slightly more rock and roll bluesey vibe then those mentioned. Not the worst thing played on the station at all in my opinion.

Cathal Funge says Chicargo :confused:

I like the tale of the tape bit, but the stories are such lies.

"My first gig was Radiohead and the first album I bought was was Surfer Rosa by the Pixies. An album that remind me of school? Has to be Sea Change by Beck"

My first CD was the Lion King soundtrack, first gig was Skindive and in school everyone listened to Korn and Limp Bizkit

Cathal Funge says Chicargo :confused:

I like the tale of the tape bit, but the stories are such lies.

"My first gig was Radiohead and the first album I bought was was Surfer Rosa by the Pixies. An album that remind me of school? Has to be Sea Change by Beck"

My first CD was the Lion King soundtrack, first gig was Skindive and in school everyone listened to Korn and Limp Bizkit

The woman who was featured this week had been EVERYWHERE for gigs - her first gig was in the Royal Albert, then Glastonbury was mentioned, Brixton Academy etc. - now fair enough to all of that, but I have to admit I did roll my eyes a bit and think "Did you ever go anywhere that was clearly NOT cool?". My first gig was in the function room of a local hotel, where all the auld fellas would come in for pints and then report back to the parents the next day on who was pissed etc.

Yeah, I've noticed Chicargo...and the done instead of did thing....but overall I find him easy listening other than those bugbears! Gerry Ryan (RIP) also used to say Chicargo. Maybe it's a "thing".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah Chicargo is grand.

Tom Dunne pronounces the west coast state Cali-phone-ya.

Now that's abhorrent.

Advertisement