Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Birneybau wrote: »
    Ah Chicargo is grand.

Tom Dunne pronounces the west coast state Cali-phone-ya.

Now that's abhorrent.

TBH the literacy on TXFM is atrocious...the news is painful to listen to......Have young people lost the ability (need) to read and write properly....i'm old...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I did heard Gordon "Stra-chen" (as opposed to "Stra-ken") on the news yesterday.

You don't mind if it's some mad name, but he's a fairly famous manager, working in the Irish Isles, and having previously managed Celtic!

I did heard Gordon "Stra-chen" (as opposed to "Stra-ken") on the news yesterday.

You don't mind if it's some mad name, but he's a fairly famous manager, working in the Irish Isles, and having previously managed Celtic!

Dont get me going on names...if i hear "Sophie Toscan du Plantier".one more time i'll fukcing lose it..........i swear its the most overused name on irish news bulletins...probably the only french most of them can speak....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Dont get me going on names...if i hear "Sophie Toscan du Plantier".one more time i'll fukcing lose it..........i swear its the most overused name on irish news bulletins...probably the only french most of them can speak....:rolleyes:

The stupidest rant I think I've ever seen on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I heard it too and was tempted to send in a request for that Strachan song by The Hitchers :D
    http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lists/3649/footballs_great.html

• Advertisement

Holy Sh1t, they've given Esther O'Moore Donoghue a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

The posh girl that does traffic updates?

The posh girl that does traffic updates?

Yep. Good tunes in fairness and she did almost no talking so it was ok actually.

Dont know why youre suprised, shes better than most on the station....even with her looooong name....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Some fantastic tunes being played by Paul today, bit of Jon Hopkins now, Kerbdog and 'Rocks Off' by the Stones earlier.

• Advertisement

While I'm enjoying the shows and the talk and all is good etc., I could really do with that 'Oh no, this won't do like erm oh my God' ad going missing!!!

Are you cereal...thats like OMG like my totes fave ad like on the waves man.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Still can't listen to Paul when his links consist of "this is a single from that album*", as if he knows every single from every album in existence. He got all confused trying to name what album a Wolfmother single was on earlier today. I'd wish he would inject some personality into his presenting for once.

He seems to be the only person who covers for other presenters, well apart from Orlagh Donnelly or John Caddell the odd time, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This Tim wheeler song is the most dreary, boring, moany song I have ever heard and needs to be removed from the playlist. Jesus it's ****e.

"A huuuuuuge thank you to x bakery for a loooooovely cake they sent us to today." Who is that guy? He sounds like Eoin McLove!!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    This Tim wheeler song is the most dreary, boring, moany song I have ever heard and needs to be removed from the playlist. Jesus it's ****e.

Stinger for you, it's this month heavy repeat song. I agree with you though, it's like some terrible X Factor winner song that's only on TXFM due to the name attached to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stinger for you, it's this month heavy repeat song. I agree with you though, it's like some terrible X Factor winner song that's only on TXFM due to the name attached to it

Well, some of the proceed are going towards charity:

http://www.nme.com/news/ash--2/79612
    A portion of the proceeds gained from sales of 'Lost Domain' will be given to the Alzheimer's Society, a charity Wheeler has worked closely with since his father's death. The album can be pre-ordered via Pledge Music now.

Just saying, don't like it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I haven't been able to listen all day, stream keeps jumping. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I didn't know who he was until I googled him. It's very dreary. At least it's for charity I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

"A huuuuuuge thank you to x bakery for a loooooovely cake they sent us to today." Who is that guy? He sounds like Eoin McLove!!

It's Paul Donegan, TXFM's equivalent of a substitute teacher.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I didn't know who he was until I googled him. It's very dreary. At least it's for charity I suppose.

Agreed. It is brutal. And for a song with a positive message, I find it very depressing to listen to, for some reason. It's that kind of 'Tommy Tiernan hears Radiohead on the bus' effect for me. We're all about Fr. Ted today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

like that Basement Jaxx "Never Say Never" song.
    I honestly thought it was Calvin Harris and was wondering why the hell it was being played.
    like many new songs these days, playlisted automatically because of the artist and what they've done in the past.

Ash were amazing though. Jesus Says probably being the first ever proper song I liked

I'm really enjoying Joe's show these days. I like the fact that he'll read anything out, even the kinda 'take the pxss' texts. He also seems to be the only DJ for the station who blogs regularly and then incorporates listener feedback from the blogs into the show. Plus he sounds like he's really enjoying himself.

I hated Joe and Keith when they started. They had a really annoying intro bit that sort of went along the lines of "his name's Joe and my name's Keith" and it repeated their names in various ways for about thirty seconds. I used to turn off the radio in the mornings when I heard it.

But now I long to hear it even once more! Does anyone remember, "aaawkward mooooooments"? It wouldn't work without that Kildare drawl.

But yeah, the fact that he'll read out sometimes fatuous texts, and also play more requests than other non-community stations, means I really enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Joe & Keith was terrible. I detested it. I really enjoy Joe's show at the moment. He has a great wit and great music. It probably just goes to show (for me at least) how bad the 2 Dj's on one show model is. Too much sh!te talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'd say Keith's presenting career will be finished as soon as the disastrous 2fm show gets cancelled. Jumping the phantom ship will have worked out badly for him in comparison to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Stinger for you, it's this month heavy repeat song.

Surely 'Knee Socks' is close to beating it.
    It seems to be played every hour!
    Someone even text into Joes show last week saying 'the artics do have other songs you know' and he just went 'oh, is that so?'. :rolleyes:

Heard it played this morning around 7am.
    Being played *again* now at 11:20.
    ok, so maybe every 4 hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

What's up with the sound the past few days, it's really "phasey" or something, very hard to listen to.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Surely 'Knee Socks' is close to beating it.
    It seems to be played every hour!
    Someone even text into Joes show last week saying 'the artics do have other songs you know' and he just went 'oh, is that so?'. :rolleyes:

Heard it played this morning around 7am.
    Being played *again* now at 11:20.
    ok, so maybe every 4 hours...

For me its the FF's....something for nothing......aghhhhhhhhh:mad:

I think its more a case of tuning into songs/bands you like...so your ears pick on the tune easier and it seems like theyre playing it every hour (true in some cases though) ..a lot of songs are like background/elevator music to me at this stage.....although Claire finished with a cracking Bill Withers track....

Advertisement