Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Reminds me of a title of a book...'Everyone's Got a Bono Story'....

That Passion Pit song Lifted Up (just played) is really upping the pop ante....glad they're playing Pearl Jam now after listening to that.

Twizzler wrote: »
    Reminds me of a title of a book...'Everyone's Got a Bono Story'....

That Passion Pit song Lifted Up (just played) is really upping the pop ante....glad they're playing Pearl Jam now after listening to that.

But then they do something that restores my faith....they've just randomly played the Sultans' Armitage Shanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Just wait until Kodaline or Bastille have a new single

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

But then they do something that restores my faith....they've just randomly played the Sultans' Armitage Shanks!

In fairness, i've heard that a few times now........

In fairness, i've heard that a few times now........

Usually played by Joe though - good to hear it from someone else (Dee Reddy) and completely unexpectedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hey, thanks for those that have recommended Dublin City Live Drive in the afternoon, surprisingly eclectic.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for those that have recommended Dublin City Live Drive in the afternoon, surprisingly eclectic.

And Pam's great in the mornings too

I'd also recommend checking out Radio na Life. Usually good for some great songs. I have no idea what they're saying, but the music is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Great to hear Charlotte Flood in for Claire today. I'll switch over after her show.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Great to hear Charlotte Flood in for Claire today. I'll switch over after her show.

I had a surreal moment there when I turned on the radio and heard her unexpectedly! That must be the first time since TXFM started that she's been on, is it? I haven't heard her any other time anyway....at least Paul gets a break!

Wonder was this a last minute substitute? I'm sure I heard Cathal mention Claire was coming up with music news this morning before I turned the radio off...maybe he forgot Charlotte was coming in or something though (or maybe I misheard).

It was shocking hearing Charlotte today. I remember her sounding quite upset and talking about going back to Coventry.

66% of the worlds greatest breakfast show is back on TXFM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I had a surreal moment there when I turned on the radio and heard her unexpectedly! That must be the first time since TXFM started that she's been on, is it? I haven't heard her any other time anyway....at least Paul gets a break!

Wonder was this a last minute substitute? I'm sure I heard Cathal mention Claire was coming up with music news this morning before I turned the radio off...maybe he forgot Charlotte was coming in or something though (or maybe I misheard).

I was not listening to the radio during the day, but I am surprised at that development. I don't want to start conspiracy theories but is Paul Donegan FM - whoops! sorry, I meant TXFM! ... he was on tonight by the way! - is TXFM beginning to take back some of the tried and tested presenters who had been apparently left on the scrapheap last year?

Does anyone know if this is Charlotte Flood's first involvement with 105.2 since the name change, and what has she been doing inbetween?

Looking at her twitter, she's been retweeting the ****e out of Today FM events/promos so I'm guessing she's still on communicorp books

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

I was not listening to the radio during the day, but I am surprised at that development. I don't want to start conspiracy theories but is Paul Donegan FM - whoops! sorry, I meant TXFM! ... he was on tonight by the way! - is TXFM beginning to take back some of the tried and tested presenters who had been apparently left on the scrapheap last year?

Does anyone know if this is Charlotte Flood's first involvement with 105.2 since the name change, and what has she been doing inbetween?

I really hope they do! I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I cannot listen to Paul Donegan present anymore. He covers absent presenters way too much and I'd like to see TXFM give others a chance to present, instead of Paul. I was able to listen to him in doses when he wasn't on at every given opportunity. Not anymore. Hearing Dee Reddy cover for KAB this week was a nice change for once, instead of Paul.

Delighted to hear Charlotte once again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I'd also recommend checking out Radio na Life. Usually good for some great songs. I have no idea what they're saying, but the music is top notch

I'd second that. Turned it on by total fluke one afternoon, great selection of tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

I could listen to Charlotte Flood reading the phone book.....

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Charlotte's got a Saturday night show now. I wish they'd bring back Richie Ryan and Stadium Rock. The two guys doing the sport show now just aren't up to it. I've given them a chance to get used to presenting, but they just don't have it.

Bring Back Richie!!!

Really listening to it less and less now. The music is so bad

I really didn't like Pogo Radio, but I wonder is Charlotte's show going to be pretty much the same as the others - 'TX Anthems' seems to suggest so....I did like the diversity of Pogo Radio for listeners even though it personally wasn't my thing.
    I hope The Set List comes back on Sunday nights, but I'm wondering if that has gone by the wayside too. Paul or someone else said Kieran McGuinness was touring, but it'll be interesting to see if he comes back to the station when the tour is done.

I should add that I am listening to the show. My impression so far is that it's quite like Orlagh's Friday night show.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

I really didn't like Pogo Radio, but I wonder is Charlotte's show going to be pretty much the same as the others - 'TX Anthems' seems to suggest so...

Certainly seems that way so far. Just a repeat of the same old play list...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

So is Pogo radio definitely gone for good? I'd be really pissed off if it was. Loved that show. There needs to be more diversity, as what I'm listening to now is what they play every day on the station. What a let down once again.

• Advertisement

I really miss Pogo Radio too, it was a different take on things compared to the mundanity of the repeated playlist tunes as I'm currently hearing on TX Anthems.

Charlotte is a great presenter but this is just another daytime show.

Phantom used to have Phantom Anthems on Fri/Sat nights and they were fantastic from what I remember. A great mix of indie/disco/electronic etc. and it contrasted with what music was played on daytime shows. Then they had the Weekender & Weekender Extender shows which were also fantastic listens. TXFM really should have kept Will St. Leger!

holton wrote: »
    So is Pogo radio definitely gone for good? I'd be really pissed off if it was. Loved that show. There needs to be more diversity, as what I'm listening to now is what they play every day on the station. What a let down once again.

I haven't heard it's definitely gone for good, but I can't imagine they'll find room for it in the schedule now with Charlotte's new show....they'd surely have put it somewhere else straight away, I'd imagine...maybe the presenter is on Twitter and could be asked. They seem to be introducing a lot of new shows recently between Esther OMD's, Paul McCloone's, Charlotte's, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oh ffs, Pogo Radio was probably my favourite show of them all on TXFM.

the last thing the station needs is more bland indie bollocks. Saturday nights with Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines and Mr. Brightside for the 9 millionth time, yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

oh ffs, Pogo Radio was probably my favourite show of them all on TXFM.

the last thing the station needs is more bland indie bollocks. Saturday nights with Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines and Mr. Brightside for the 9 millionth time, yawn.

Totally agree.

I wonder if Pogo Radio is gone as a result of the survey? I wondered at the time they put that out if they were planning on making changes soon - particularly coming up to their first birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from one of the bodytonic lads:
    Yeah knocked it on the head this week , too busy with other stuff at the mo

Might look to try it on another platform alright , but I dunno unless it's the right one , not worth it

Thanks for that. Hope they resurrect it somewhere else for all those who liked it, although it sounds unlikely.

Who's the DJ on at the moment? I just tuned in a while ago and I think he said Aidan....

They definitely seem to be mixing up the covering DJs recently....it's not just Paul covering for everyone anymore.

Who's the DJ on at the moment? I just tuned in a while ago and I think he said Aidan....

They definitely seem to be mixing up the covering DJs recently....it's not just Paul covering for everyone anymore.

Paul is on holidays. Hence the replacements, which were refreshing to hear. Whoever Aidan is, he did a good job presenting.

• Advertisement

Did we find out who the middle band was covering the Kinks this morning?

Advertisement