Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Liam92 wrote: »
    'The Wolf' by Mumford & Sons just being played by Tara Harrison about an hour after it was already played by Joe.

So soon, it appears twice on the website.

You'd imagine they could actually find some other songs to play.

What a ****ing awful song that is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What a ****ing awful band they are

Fixed your post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Super Sub Donegan is in for Claire today as shes at Glastonbury. Envious yes, but dreading her crap next week about which performances were so gorgeous so beautiful so amazing, all.the banger tunes etc.
    Anyways I digress, today SS Donegan played a song from Claires Artist of the Week. Which was Kanye, so he played All of the lights, that Rihanna song. Of all the blooming artists on the Glasto line up, she picked Kanye as her artist.

God forgive me but I kinda hope she finds her Glastonbury experience sooooo gorgeous that she never comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Envious yes, but dreading her crap next week about which performances were so gorgeous so beautiful so amazing, all.the banger tunes etc.

Is it not whopper tune? Used to be anyway. Maybe she's mixing it up a bit. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Donegan has stopped shouting on the live guide ads today. Hurrah!

• Advertisement

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    Is it not whopper tune? Used to be anyway. Maybe she's mixing it up a bit. :cool:

She uses both, like you said to mix it up a bit.... In any case, it never is a whopper or a banger when she says it is, its typically an over played song that is also on heavy rotation on Spin too.

I despair at the demise of TXFM, since a previous poster mentioned Cathal and his 'text in..' spiel, it is all I can hear. If I could get Internet reception in the shed I work in I would listen to internet radio but I can't, and TXFM is best of an extremely bad lot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Partridge was in doing the music news with Paul (who I think is alright, also think he doesn't like Partridge) and Partridge was musing about who was Keith Urban's wife. "51052 if you know". Wasn't even his show, bloody Denis O'Brien shill.

John Caddell in today for Claire. This will be great, I miss hearing him on a regular basis... really miss old phantom line up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Super Sub Donegan is in for Claire today as shes at Glastonbury. Envious yes, but dreading her crap next week about which performances were so gorgeous so beautiful so amazing, all.the banger tunes etc.
    Anyways I digress, today SS Donegan played a song from Claires Artist of the Week. Which was Kanye, so he played All of the lights, that Rihanna song. Of all the blooming artists on the Glasto line up, she picked Kanye as her artist.

God forgive me but I kinda hope she finds her Glastonbury experience sooooo gorgeous that she never comes back.

I like Kanye and I'm not even ashamed of it :cool:

It was more the fact that he played All of the lights which is Rihanna heavy, light on the actual Kanye imput....

To be honest it did make a change from that bloody Catfish Bottlemen/Circa Waves/Academic/florence/mumford endless repeat cycle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Would you not just stick on a cd or something?

Would you not just stick on a cd or something?

No cd player in work, and radio is often the only company.
    Apologies for not thinking of that ingenious idea sooner though... I forgot this was a thread about radio stations /:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why be ashamed of someone you like...:confused:

.....its all the rest of us thats ashamed of you now......:P

They've been playing the same two Metronomy songs as a 'Longitude Double Play' over the past few weeks.

For all that Longitude promo they're doing, you'd imagine they could play two songs by different artists playing Longitude.

Stop moaning....you could be stuck listening to Nove like i was yesterday...fcuking terrible waste of a lisence... nearly drove my screwdriver into my eardrums....it seems they only have one Blondie song...Atomic, i swear they played it at least 5 times.......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Was anyone listening to Parklife earlier? Is either Paul or Johnny leaving? We had guests here and they were talking over the radio - I was trying to catch what was being said and I'm sure one of them mentioned something about leaving....unless it was some sports-related departure?? They played 'Days' then, so I thought that might be a goodbye tune....

Just heard the poppiest song on Revolver....had to look up the 'Recently played' list on the TXFM home page to find out what it was....'Years and Years' by King. Thought it was bad when they started playing 'Some Kind of Heaven' by Hurts...!
    Otherwise though, Revolver has been brilliant tonight (as usual). I'm hoping 'Years and Years' was a technical malfunction....

Twizzler wrote: »
    Just heard the poppiest song on Revolver....had to look up the 'Recently played' list on the TXFM home page to find out what it was....'Years and Years' by King. Thought it was bad when they started playing 'Some Kind of Heaven' by Hurts...!
    Otherwise though, Revolver has been brilliant tonight (as usual). I'm hoping 'Years and Years' was a technical malfunction....

Years & Years just released their debut album and it was the Tower Records special vinyl offer of the week to tie in with Revolver. TXFM would never play Y&Y, it probably just had to be played to keep the sponsors happy.

If they ever played King, the actual band, I'd be happy.

Liam92 wrote: »
    Years & Years just released their debut album and it was the Tower Records special vinyl offer of the week to tie in with Revolver. TXFM would never play Y&Y, it probably just had to be played to keep the sponsors happy.

If they ever played King, the actual band, I'd be happy.

Sorry, I had the band and the song name in the reverse order! Never heard of them until last night.

Do you know, I'd forgotten about the existence of the actual real King....that tune still sounds great.

soooo.... anyone still listening?

Couple of decent tunes this morning, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and Ash, following the usual dross I've come to expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I find myself listening to TXFM more often and less Nova these days. I'm pretty happy with the current format tbh.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I find myself listening to TXFM more often and less Nova these days. I'm pretty happy with the current format tbh.

Cathal, Greg Goughran,Joe.....thats how i play it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

soooo.... anyone still listening?

Couple of decent tunes this morning, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and Ash, following the usual dross I've come to expect

Great music this morning. What Cathal lacks in interview technique, he more than makes up for in music taste! No disrespect to the guy but he can sound a little awkward when chatting to listeners on the phone. He has been playing some savage songs the past few months.

He gets that people are just out of the bed and are not quite ready for screaming radio DJs and pumping tunes. Their best presenter is my opinion.

Great music this morning. What Cathal lacks in interview technique, he more than makes up for in music taste! No disrespect to the guy but he can sound a little awkward when chatting to listeners on the phone. He has been playing some savage songs the past few months.

He gets that people are just out of the bed and are not quite ready for screaming radio DJs and pumping tunes. Their best presenter is my opinion.

Not heard him yet, what time is he on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Not heard him yet, what time is he on?

7 - 11 am weekedays.

7 - 11 am weekedays.

I like him...he's very natural and seems to know his stuff, and if he hasnt heard of someone he's not afraid to admit it...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Junk Adele

I haven't listened for around 2 weeks. My mood in work has seriously improved. Didn't realise the repetition was stressing me so much. The endless Longitude stuff was killing me. I know that's over now but, I'm never going back......Freedom!!!!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Ditto all of the praise Cathal has gotten earlier in this thread. His voice and presenting style seems to suit the morning slot compared to the likes of Joe (who is much better in the afternoons)
    Also he played some erykah badu and Eamon Holmes just now. Where else would you get that on irish national radio?
    I haven't been tuning into the station as much since the end of May due to the constant plugging of Longitude (one of the lamest, soulless festivals I've been to on these shores)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

room_149 wrote: »
    Joe (who is much better in the afternoons)

Yeah, how did that happen?

Joe & Keith in the mornings was beyond bad but I have come to really enjoy Joe's own show in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Cathal played Cream this morning, you can't argue with that. I really enjoy his show.

I'm sorry, I still can't tolerate Joe in the slightest.

Advertisement