Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I'm not really listening to it anymore tbh. Sad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Twizzler wrote: »
    Just turned on the station to hear Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know. WTAF?

Great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How did you know they were going to play it..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Heard it on the drive home..... couldn't believe it. You wouldn;t even hear that on Nova!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Looks like the original Phantom folks are getting ready to put in a new bid:
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/10/21/spooky/

Fake Phantoms license is up for renewal next year:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/radio-licences-newstalk-txfm-2363764-Oct2015/

Fingers crossed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Looks like the original Phantom folks are getting ready to put in a new bid:
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/10/21/spooky/

Fingers crossed...

While it would be great to hear the old voices back on air, I would rate their chances of success as 'slim'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What's the story with all the ****ty TXFM ads and noises over the past week? background banging music over the news an all?

Sounds like 98/104/spin fm now. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's the story with all the ****ty TXFM ads and noises over the past week? background banging music over the news an all?

Yeah, noticed that myself. Very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

I'm getting fed up with Paul Donegan FM now. Do they not have any other presenters at all? And the amount of days off Claire Beck has is ridiculous. Donegan also claiming old songs are new today. For example, mentioning how he was about to play "The Maccabees' new single next". Then plays Marks to Prove It, which is far from new now.

Saying that though, the nighttime shows are TXFM's only saving grace at the moment, and have always been.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

The background music for the news is ridiculously irritating....who the hell wants a stupid jingle playing at the same time as news? I assumed it was a mistake the first time I heard it.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's really annoying!! What made them think an 'alternative' radio station needs sort of banging dance tune in the background while the news caster is talking about people dying from a plane crash or people stabbing eachother at the weekend.
    I used to listen to newstalk all the time but was starting to feel depressed listening to all the misery all day long, changed over to phantom 3 years ago, and now, with that twat Paul whatever his name is 'no personalityc' filling in for everyone on their holidays and this poppy dance music in the background randomly in shows and then on the news too? might be time to move back to newstalk. Pity Tom Dunne doesn't do the morning show there anymore. he's was crap but I enjoyed listening to his thoughts on music at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

In other news, there's a big announcement from the Stone Roses this evening at 7pm...tour & and a possible new album...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I hate that SOB song at this stage. Same goes for 'Heart of Gold' or whatever it's called.

Have to admit while I hated Joe & Keiths AM show Joe's Drivetime show has really grown on me.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I hate that SOB song at this stage. Same goes for 'Heart of Gold' or whatever it's called.

Have to admit while I hated Joe & Keiths AM show Joe's Drivetime show has really grown on me.

Can't stand the SOB track, played to death since it was announced they were doing a gig here, never heard of them myself, or TXFM ever before that.

Joe is a like or hate type guy, I think he's great craic, same when he was on Tom Dunnes show, my brother can't stand him.

Yeah it's really annoying!! What made them think an 'alternative' radio station needs sort of banging dance tune in the background while the news caster is talking about people dying from a plane crash or people stabbing eachother at the weekend.
    I used to listen to newstalk all the time but was starting to feel depressed listening to all the misery all day long, changed over to phantom 3 years ago, and now, with that twat Paul whatever his name is 'no personalityc' filling in for everyone on their holidays and this poppy dance music in the background randomly in shows and then on the news too? might be time to move back to newstalk. Pity Tom Dunne doesn't do the morning show there anymore. he's was crap but I enjoyed listening to his thoughts on music at the time.

I don't actively listen to Nova much, but I overhear it a lot in a café I go to. The new TXFM ads sound very Nova-esque to me....wonder is that the point??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Paul said that he was playing a Smiths single today from 1992. :-/ Joe is infinitely better than him.

Get rid of Claire and Eoin McLove, and bring back Richie Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wonder what Richie Ryan is at now. :(

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Wonder what Richie Ryan is at now. :(

I just checked his Twitter page, but he's not updating it much anymore. It doesn't give away much.

Have any of you been listening to 8Radio recently?

The Live Guide ads have been given the club music background treatment....so you're listening to an ad for a Foals gig with a club beat in the background. Who decided to take an 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach to this station in the last few weeks???

The Live Guide ads have been given the club music background treatment....so you're listening to an ad for a Foals gig with a club beat in the background. Who decided to take an 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach to this station in the last few weeks???

I'm blaming Donegan/Eoin McLove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Been listening on and off this morning and yesterday. They've had Blink 182, U2, Radiohead, Daft Punk, The Las, Primal Scream, Oasis, Kings of Leon and they've just played Blur.

It's literally Nova for people in their 30s. Shan't be listening or commenting to the station anymore, sorry guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Been listening on and off this morning and yesterday. They've had Blink 182, U2, Radiohead, Daft Punk, The Las, Primal Scream, Oasis, Kings of Leon and they've just played Blur.

It's literally Nova for people in their 30s. Shan't be listening or commenting to the station anymore, sorry guys.

The new songs they do play are on repeat.

I've lost count of how many times a day The Academic get their only 2 songs played.

They're not even that good to warrant such regular play.

Must have been a serious backhander involved.

And you're guaranteed to hear Jack White - Lazaretto at least twice a day.

Their head of music needs to do actually freshen up the playlist. It's beyond repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Just stop listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, i wouldn't bother listening between 7am-7pm unless i'm stuck. when I do turn over I'm usually reminded within about 3 songs of why I don't listen, everything is so predictable and boring, not least the presenters sh1t text-ins or daily items.

the night-time shows are the only ones worth listening to IMO, as they're not full of presenter bullsh1t and actually have some interesting and exciting music.

yeah, i wouldn't bother listening between 7am-7pm unless i'm stuck. when I do turn over I'm usually reminded within about 3 songs of why I don't listen, everything is so predictable and boring, not least the presenters sh1t text-ins or daily items.

the night-time shows are the only ones worth listening to IMO, as they're not full of presenter bullsh1t and actually have some interesting and exciting music.

Ah yeah I hear what you're saying an all but it's either this all day in work, or listen to worse w*nk on 98fm fm104, spin etc on the office radio, which all drive me bonkers with the same songs and nonsense every hour all day.

Ah yeah I hear what you're saying an all but it's either this all day in work, or listen to worse w*nk on 98fm fm104, spin etc on the office radio, which all drive me bonkers with the same songs and nonsense every hour all day.

Same here. If I had any alternative I'd be there.

TXFM until 14:30, then Moncrieff, then back to Joe's show (shudder).

Paul, please, I beg you, please stop talking about the bloody Foo Fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Say what you want about Damon Albarn, but he singlehandledly made sure that we wont be hearing Adele on TXFM ......theres no doubt they would have HAD to play a song if it was anything to do with him...thanks Damo..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I heard that yesterday on Joe's show.
    To be honest, I'd prefer more old / unheard of songs like this, than SOB song over and over again.

Currently listening to 'Losing my Religion' by REM...

Advertisement