Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I dont know what the My Morning Jacket obsession is about. I know its my personal taste that I dont like them as much as I like other bands, but Compound Fracture, its a dreadful song. Dreadful!

Everything it gets to the chorus part, all I can hear is Bananarama 'Robert De Niros waiting'... Is it just me? Then it kinda morphs into a bit beach house-y... I dunno maybe I just am missing out on whatever it is that people love about my morning jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I dont know what the My Morning Jacket obsession is about. I know its my personal taste that I dont like them as much as I like other bands, but Compound Fracture, its a dreadful song. Dreadful!

Everything it gets to the chorus part, all I can hear is Bananarama 'Robert De Niros waiting'... Is it just me? Then it kinda morphs into a bit beach house-y... I dunno maybe I just am missing out on whatever it is that people love about my morning jacket

I know I've heard them mention the song title countless times after playing it, but I still couldn't hear it in my head and had to look it up....it's totally forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

The Kurt Vile thing annoys me. I get that it's his latest single and that, but it;s not his only track. 2 other whole albums there. Much better songs on the older albums.

I agree they should play the new one, but it doesn't mean it should be the only one they play.

Same goes for MMJ - Loads on their back catalogue they could mix around with from time to time...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm not big on 4FM, the mother listens to it though. One very positive thing I noticed is they have a policy not to repeat any track in a 24hr period. They actually have a prize for I think a grand if you catch them out.

I don't have any problem with TXFM bar the repetition of tracks. I'd like to see them adapt 4FM's policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

but then they'd have to find a different Future Islands song to play :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Great to hear Kerry Graye doing news.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

"To top off what has been a remarkable year for the band, Simple Minds play....." - the rubbish Donegan says on those gig guides. I'm reluctant to see any 'show' advertised on that station now.

I thought he would have stood in for Kelly-Anne whilst she's away, but thankfully not.

And now he has an ad for his weekend show. Paul Donegan FM is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

There are two ads for Simple Minds, one has them playing the O2 on the 23rd November and the other on the 29th.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

He's also referred to them as "THE Simple minds"....a bit sad when you cant spot a mistake in what you're reading out....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

My god, I can't stand that Guy Gravey track! TXFM treat it like it's the best track ever. On every hour nearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

He's also referred to them as "THE Simple minds"....a bit sad when you cant spot a mistake in what you're reading out....:rolleyes:

With special guests 'The Strang-el-ers'.

They seem to have dug out 'Silver Lining' by First Aid Kit, on every few hours again, daily.

Birneybau wrote: »
    They seem to have dug out 'Silver Lining' by First Aid Kit, on every few hours again, daily.

Yeh, what's with that? Donegan also claimed it was 'new' the other day. Don't think so, pal.

Birneybau wrote: »
    With special guests 'The Strang-el-ers'.

I blame Renault for that.........

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I'm sick of Super Sub Paul Donegan. Yea we get it you love the Foo Fighters.
    I only listen to Cathal now these days, the odd late evening show and John at weekends.
    It's the repetitive nature of the playlist that is making me turn the dial.
    I don't even think I need to list them here, everyone who listens each day will know themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I'm sick of Super Sub Paul Donegan. Yea we get it you love the Foo Fighters.
    I only listen to Cathal now these days, the odd late evening show and John at weekends.
    It's the repetitive nature of the playlist that is making me turn the dial.
    I don't even think I need to list them here, everyone who listens each day will know themselves!

I like John's music, but I don't think he has a good voice or personality for the radio.

Still better than a lot of others on the station. Sad to say.

Agree on Cathal, he comes across as a gent.

First Aid Kit - Silver Lining coming up in 3....2.....1....

I like John's music, but I don't think he has a good voice or personality for the radio.

Still better than a lot of others on the station. Sad to say.

Agree on Cathal, he comes across as a gent.

First Aid Kit - Silver Lining coming up in 3....2.....1....

Yeah, someone 'requested' it.

Ah, I like John and his attitude, bit of personality and would call it as it is. Also, knows far more about music than Claire (Everything is Awesome!) or Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

That's a bit harsh on Joe. He seems to know his Madchester era music quite well. That would be his generation I suppose. Best era of music also (see my name ;) )

I think Joe and Cadell have a similar level of cynicism to one another. I still remember, as up there with my best memories of 105.2 FM, the time Cadell started playing something by the XX, and then about fifteen seconds in he stopped it. He came back on air, said "I'm not in the mood for that moany crap today" and played the next song on queue!

That's a bit harsh on Joe. He seems to know his Madchester era music quite well. That would be his generation I suppose. Best era of music also (see my name ;) )

I think Joe and Cadell have a similar level of cynicism to one another. I still remember, as up there with my best memories of 105.2 FM, the time Cadell started playing something by the XX, and then about fifteen seconds in he stopped it. He came back on air, said "I'm not in the mood for that moany crap today" and played the next song on queue!

I was thinking it was overly harsh. If I edit it, would you keep it to yourself? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Goddammit! Paul Donegan AGAIN! Can not stand the man's bland no interest voice/personality, and for the next 4 hours! Is he the only stand in guy?

Radio off at 3 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Junk Adele

I see a lot of you on here slagging of Paul and I don't get it. Is it his accent? He's filling in for people. He was asked to do it. He's not forcing people out of a job! Someone in TXFM is asking him to fill in all these slots! They won't employ other people.....not Paul's fault. Any way, they all play the same Sh*te, same records, with a little distraction(cheer or sneer, song club) to make you feel like it's a different show, but it' all the same! All day every day. So, if you feel the need to slag off one DJ, then you're wrong. THEY ALL PLAY THE SAME SONGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Yeah I don't mind Paul at all, bar his Foo Fighter fetish. All the daytime shows are the same. Only Kelly Anne plays a greater variety of tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Junk Adele

I hear yah. But it's the work time shows that I'm talking about that gets every one here so animated. I don't listen anymore. I flick between stations. When I pass this station it's all the same, between 8 and 6? So I move on. For people to express their ire and frustration at Paul is ridiculous! They are all the same. Only Morrisey and Noel Gallagher get a different song every hour, and that's not clever either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Delighted at Paul playing The Offsprings 'Self Esteem' yesterday...

but he followed it up with Foo Fighters

:D

Drivin in to town on friday listening to TX...that song S.O.B. by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats came on..i said out loud "not that fcuking sh1te again" and pressed the next preset on the radio which is Nova....guess what was playing....coincidence..i dont think so...........ended up listening to Christmas fm for the next hour....Yes, i'd rather listen to "The Christmas Shoes"..:rolleyes:

Donegan was discussing the latest trailer for the next Last Shadow Puppets album and decides to follow it up with an Arctic Monkeys track??

Do TXFM honestly not have a Last Shadow Puppets track in their library?

Wait until the next album comes out because they'll play the single over and over again, and we'll wish Turner & Kane decided not to release another record.

Anyone listening to the top 100 songs of 2015? Can't Feel My Face at 12 - what??

On a more positive note, I was delighted to see Girl Band had two tracks in there.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't mind Paul at all, bar his Foo Fighter fetish. All the daytime shows are the same. Only Kelly Anne plays a greater variety of tunes.

His FF fetish works out very well though for those of us who also have it :D (I may be in the minority with that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Twizzler wrote: »
    Anyone listening to the top 100 songs of 2015? Can't Feel My Face at 12 - what??

That song is a gem, can't deny it a place if it was voted in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Twizzler wrote: »
    i know, right?! "The Hills" should have been up there instead....
    still though, better than most of the countdown.

Advertisement