Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Man, they are REALLY pushing that Ratboy track, it's a complete rip of fat boy slim and beasty boys. And I know people txt in to say that, but yet they continue to play it.

'sure isn't it great! He's only 19!' So?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

God I remember now why I don't listen to Esther O'Moore Donohoe. She is a bit too 'smashy nicey' in-between songs.... Changing how she speaks etc to make points. Odd. Nice girl but irritating beyond belief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr Sea Wolf

How did they do in the Jnlr ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Man, they are REALLY pushing that Ratboy track, it's a complete rip of fat boy slim and beasty boys. And I know people txt in to say that, but yet they continue to play it.

'sure isn't it great! He's only 19!' So?
    "Here's Rat boy.."

*Instinctively switches station and breathes sigh of relief*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

God i miss Cathal in the morning..had to endure Caddell this week...Him and Claire had an indepth discussion about Beyonce....indie me baldlicks..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

That Coldplay & Beyoncé song is just awful. How does that qualify for their 'playlist'??

They're also giving a lot of promo for that Benjamin Clementine gig, an artist they never play...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Liam92 wrote: »
    That Coldplay & Beyoncé song is just awful. How does that qualify for their 'playlist'??

They're also giving a lot of promo for that Benjamin Clementine gig, an artist they never play...

Beyonce ? On an indie station? What ? :confused::confused::confused:

I hear Adele is considering a duet with Josh Homme...............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

reg114 wrote: »

Blossoms, the 1975, so much 'pop' played these days...

Altindie is gone all soft again...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could be worse, at least they're not playing Adele's singles, like the last time she had an album out.

spose its not the fault of the station that theres no decent "popular" indie stuff out there at the moment, just Iggy with his ode to Alan Titchmarsh...:P

That Coldplay & Beyoncé song is just awful. How does that qualify for their 'playlist'??.
    1. It's a better tune than most of the songs on the playlist. 2. The chorus is pretty killer. God damn Chris Martin but he can do catchy like few others.
    reg114 wrote: »
    Not a fan, but I would have no problem listening to songs like Crazy in Love or that recent collaboration with can ye. Both very good tracks. Most of the rest of it is muck.

Cant believe Beouncey and that type of sh1te is being even mentioned on a thread about an "altindie" station...theyre playing enough sh1te as it is...:o

Cant believe Beouncey and that type of sh1te is being even mentioned on a thread about an "altindie" station...theyre playing enough sh1te as it is...:o

It's being mentioned because they are playing such sh1te instead of actual alt-indie material. Seriously can't understand how they're not playing new music regularly, instead of a cash-in for Coldplay & Beyoncé, which is an awful song.

Then they'll latch on to some artist when they're much bigger, like Jack Garratt or RatBoy, and rant on about how amazing and 'new' they are.

It's being mentioned because they are playing such sh1te instead of actual alt-indie material. Seriously can't understand how they're not playing new music regularly, instead of a cash-in for Coldplay & Beyoncé, which is an awful song.

Then they'll latch on to some artist when they're much bigger, like Jack Garratt or RatBoy, and rant on about how amazing and 'new' they are.

Jack Garratt..i'm already fed up with him..he's on every fcuking programme on tv too...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Please tell me someone here is listening to the station right now.

This Allen Stone - Freedom song is a new low...

My god it's bad.

Please tell me someone here is listening to the station right now.

This Allen Stone - Freedom song is a new low...

My god it's bad.

Dance/funk/gospel/simply red.........yuk....new artist..?? hardly..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That Nathaniel Rateliff song sounds like Tony Christie.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Birneybau wrote: »

That's an insult to Tony Christie.

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »

You mean " I need never get to Amarillo"..........:p

They'll be playing a lot more Lana Del Rey from now on and pretend like they never stopped playing her songs.

They'll be playing a lot more Lana Del Rey from now on and pretend like they never stopped playing her songs.

AND New order,LCD etc....you'll be sick of them before long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

AND New order,LCD etc....you'll be sick of them before long

Ah but LCD and New Order are on regular enough rotation already.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ah but LCD and New Order are on regular enough rotation already.

true...but you aint heard nothin yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Hopefully they'll lose the licence

F**king hell, I like Blur, but Lonesome Street is absolutely shockingly poor. The song has no redeeming features. Just awful ****e. I listen to a lot of music across a lot of genres but rarely does a song make me as angry as Lonesome Street does. And of course it's a major part of the txfm playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

I have a habit of looking at the recent songs played on the website and I notice from that the same songs are being played over and over again each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I have a habit of looking at the recent songs played on the website and I notice from that the same songs are being played over and over again each day.

There's a weekly playlist that seem to have a core 20 songs or so on heavy rotation - it's on spotify and used to be on their website.
    Each week, a couple of songs change on it, but whatever is on that list you'll probably hear a couple of times a day.

• Advertisement

They're now promoting Seatwave on the live guide ads as a place to purchase EP tickets. They need to cop on!

Advertisement