Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

LEIN wrote: »
    the prodigy @ 6:50..... Where else would you get it.

..and a great win for Keith Flints team at the isle of man yesterday too....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Surely if any of the TXFM presenters move to Nova, Paul Donegan would probably fit their music style more, considering he's a big fan of Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam etc.

Perhaps he'd find a home there after TXFM unfortunately closes. They seem more of a match anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Clem_Fandango

Simple answer: It will close as soon as direct sales dry up. As this quarter draws to a close we might see direct advertisers balk at a 3 month renewal and then the redundancy package would be very likely to kick over the edge. This is pure speculation, btw, but I'm sure CC would happily take any monies coming in until October to help cover costs and if those monies disintegrated - what's the point?

Hearing less direct sales ads will be your death knell, folks. The first week in July will be a big indicator, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Was surreal hearing 'Wear Sunscreen' on the morning show.
    Don't think I've ever heard that being played since 1999!

Really like 'Come on' by Sunflower Bean.
    When I first heard it, I thought it was a Blonde track I never was aware of!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^
    I thought the above was surreal...

Cathal just played 'Bein' Green' by Kermit the Frog!!

oddly enough, it doesn't appear on the 'Recently Played' list on the website
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I'm sure I heard The Rainbow Connection sung by Kermit a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I heard 'Mar-sigh' mentioned in a news report about Marseille earlier...do you know what, I think they are just playing with us now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Twizzler wrote: »
    I heard 'Mar-sigh' mentioned in a news report about Marseille earlier...do you know what, I think they are just playing with us now 😂

What's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Roxee

Big Nasty wrote: »
    What's wrong with that?

What's wrong is that it's "Mar-say"

Think they were thinking of Versailles...

Roxee wrote: »
    What's wrong is that it's "Mar-say"

Think they were thinking of Versailles...

Hardly a game changer now. You say, I sigh. ;)

• Advertisement

the prodigy @ 6:50..... Where else would you get it.
    ......or Rory Gallagher at 08.30 this morning....class...go Cathal...:)

think he might be angling for a job on Nova....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

......or Rory Gallagher at 08.30 this morning....class...go Cathal...:)

think he might be angling for a job on Nova....:P

Playlist throughout the day getting a bit "nova" Zeppelin, doors, throw in some dire straits and we're all f😀Cked

Delighted to hear Fleetwood Mac's 'Silver Springs' this morning on Cathal's show. One of their best. Cathal continues to impress with the leftfield music.

On a side note, MCD must be paying them very well for all the Longitude promo every day. Longitude FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I don't know how I will cope without Cathal on my morning commute and Joe for the evening commute.... Will listen to Nova I suppose... best of a bad lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

LadyW wrote: »
    I don't know how I will cope without Cathal on my morning commute and Joe for the evening commute.... Will listen to Nova I suppose... best of a bad lot...

same here...when is txfm finishing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I don't think the exact date is known as yet.

I don't think the exact date is known as yet.

Something about October but could be earlier. It's a Bluetooth in the car and Spotify for me I'm afraid.

..AGHHHHHH...the Millers and Courtenay...:eek:...knitting needles in the ears please....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Let's look at some of the part-time presenters on TXFM. As you are probably aware, Gavin Glass, who is also a singer/songwriter, jumped ship to Radio Nova some time ago. So what stations would suit some of the others, post-TX FM?

Derek Byrne: he has a pretty varied and electic taste in music. He could be suitable for certain slots on Radio Nova or Today FM. He might also be a fit for RTE's digital alternative station 2XM, if he is not looking to get paid.

Nadine O'Regan: Believe it not, she could do "My Life in Music" - the slot that Tom Dunne does on Newstalk. It's very similar to Songs in the Key of Life on TX FM.

Dee Reddy: Like Derek, if she has other main sources of income, how about 2XM or RTE Chill?

Esther Moore O'Donoghue: She will still have her AA Roadwatch gig with Today FM. I suspect that she might be suited to Spin103 - maybe a slightly alternative program.

Tara Harrison: I reckon she might fit Radio Nova.

Charlotte Flood: Charlotte already is involved with Today FM behind the scenes, so maybe she could get a vaguely alternative-leaning or "cool" music show on Today FM. Otherwise, Radio Nova might suit.

The online station radio 8, do those guys make any kind of income? I haven't listened in a long time might start when I'm in work

• Advertisement

Let's look at some of the part-time presenters on TXFM. As you are probably aware, Gavin Glass, who is also a singer/songwriter, jumped ship to Radio Nova some time ago. So what stations would suit some of the others, post-TX FM?

Derek Byrne: he has a pretty varied and electic taste in music. He could be suitable for certain slots on Radio Nova or Today FM. He might also be a fit for RTE's digital alternative station 2XM, if he is not looking to get paid.

Nadine O'Regan: Believe it not, she could do "My Life in Music" - the slot that Tom Dunne does on Newstalk. It's very similar to Songs in the Key of Life on TX FM.

Dee Reddy: Like Derek, if she has other main sources of income, how about 2XM or RTE Chill?

Esther Moore O'Donoghue: She will still have her AA Roadwatch gig with Today FM. I suspect that she might be suited to Spin103 - maybe a slightly alternative program.

Tara Harrison: I reckon she might fit Radio Nova.

Charlotte Flood: Charlotte already is involved with Today FM behind the scenes, so maybe she could get a vaguely alternative-leaning or "cool" music show on Today FM. Otherwise, Radio Nova might suit.

Nadine O'Regan's show is going to Today FM from the weekend of the 2nd of July: http://www.todayfm.com/We-Have-A-New-Weekend-Schedule

So I wonder A) What will go in that slot on TX now? B) Does this have any implications with regard to when TX will finish up?

Jeepers, I'm not ready for the possibility of a summer exit/Texit at all. I keep telling myself it'll go on until at least Sept - i.e. end of quarter 3 of the year. Anything before that is just not being factored into my frame of reference. I hope I don't get a land at the end of this month.

I'm sure the presenters would prefer to bow out after Electric Picnic, especially since they said they were the official radio partner when the lineup was announced earlier this year.

One last EP, then whatever time they have left afterwards for a fitting swansong.

Liam92 wrote: »
    I'm sure the presenters would prefer to bow out after Electric Picnic, especially since they said they were the official radio partner when the lineup was announced earlier this year.

One last EP, then whatever time they have left afterwards for a fitting swansong.

I'm really hoping they'll still be around for EP alright. I didn't get a ticket in time (which is probably for the best now, cos I'm broke after a few unexpected things popped up!), so I'm looking forward to their coverage of it.

It'll be pretty miserable after they go.... I don't even like Cathal being away! (No disrespect to JC - I like him, but I'm just in a groove with Cathal)

Joe on news talk filling in for Sean moncrief. Hmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Joe on news talk filling in for Sean moncrief. Hmm.....

No..... Just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AdolfEngland

No..... Just no.

I heard the last hour. He was dreadful.

Probably the worst I've ever heard on NT.

That's not really fair tbh. I was no fan of Joe & Keith on the breakfast show but Joe on his own is excellent on Drive. He's a good, if not great presenter but obviously some formats suit him better than others. Presumably he was thrown in at the deep end covering Moncreiff.

I'd rather a good niche presenter than a mediocre all-rounder.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    That's not really fair tbh. I was no fan of Joe & Keith on the breakfast show but Joe on his own is excellent on Drive. He's a good, if not great presenter but obviously some formats suit him better than others. Presumably he was thrown in at the deep end covering Moncreiff.

I'd rather a good niche presenter than a mediocre all-rounder.

Yeah fair enough there were a few bloopers but all round he held himself well.

Whats the story with all The Cure tracks.....:confused:....brilliant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I don't cure as long as it continues!

Advertisement