Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

quinkadinkly..i was listening to TX the other day in the van, and (yet another:rolleyes:) Beatles song came on..i swiftly hit the preset for Nova and.....2 door cinema club were playing....classic rock..:confused:

Yes...having listened to TX from the start, I can honestly say I never remember The Beatles and The Doors featuring as prominently before as they have in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's almost like the two stations are working towards a merge. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's almost like the two stations are working towards a merge. :eek:

As long as Cathal ,Joe and Claire get a job out of it i'm ok with that....maybe lose Richard and Judy... sorry, Marty and Dee and Courtenay of course...;)
    Imagine Cathal and Claire in the mornings...savage

I can't believe after all the Longitude Triple Plays, TX don't have a tent at Longitude this year! The irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Twizzler wrote: »
    I can't believe after all the Longitude Triple Plays, TX don't have a tent at Longitude this year! The irony!

I'd be surprised if it was any different.

They're getting paid for the triple plays.

A tent at Longitude would cost them money.

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if it was any different.

They're getting paid for the triple plays.

A tent at Longitude would cost them money.

Sad to see though. I wish they could go out on a high. I suppose their staff base is so limited now as well to even work at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Nova play the radio edit of I Am The Resurrection, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

My evenings 8-10 will be taken up by Louise mcsharry on 2fm. Playing hip hop and dance released only in the last couple of months, the odd bit of alternative, mainly Irish.

No chart music whatsoever, very refreshing, 2fm have let her push the boat out on this

RastaRed wrote: »
    Nova play the radio edit of I Am The Resurrection, enough said

Nova only play radio edits.....theyre a "safe" station....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

As long as Cathal ,Joe and Claire get a job out of it i'm ok with that....maybe lose Richard and Judy... sorry, Marty and Dee and Courtenay of course...;)

What about John Caddell? He may only present on Sunday but he has a full-time job on TXFM as PD. Would you not like to see him sorted too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What about John Caddell? He may only present on Sunday but he has a full-time job on TXFM as PD. Would you not like to see him sorted too?

Him more than any of the rest for me.

Theres enough ego's on Nova Declan thanks...so no is the answer there..hence me not mentioning him..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Theres enough ego's on Nova Declan thanks...so no is the answer there..hence me not mentioning him..;)

Of course, that does not mean that he could not be sorted somewhere else - maybe a late night eclectic music show on RTE Radio 1, for example

Of course, that does not mean that he could not be sorted somewhere else - maybe a late night eclectic music show on RTE Radio 1, for example

Perfect..i second that emotion...:)

Sitting out in the back garden there...Bell x 1...Pixies x 2, Teenage fan club and The Clash.....after october where am i going to hear this kind of mix again....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

anyone know the song that mentions Jackson Pollock...can't remember any more lyrics and can't find online. Joe played it the end of last week. Starts with a fast string arrangement...bloke singing.

muloc wrote: »
    anyone know the song that mentions Jackson Pollock...can't remember any more lyrics and can't find online. Joe played it the end of last week. Starts with a fast string arrangement...bloke singing.

Endless Art - A House

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

Endless Art - A House

Not that one - I think it's a fairly new song. I may have to go listen back to the podcasts :eek:

Found it - M79 Vampire Weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

muloc wrote: »
    Not that one - I think it's a fairly new song. I may have to go listen back to the podcasts :eek:

Found it - M79 Vampire Weekend

What a tune. You just don't hear enough harpsichord these days.

What a tune. You just don't hear enough harpsichord these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71iUAFFQ8ik
    There ya go...knock one out to this...nice rhythm to it too..........:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I likes Teleman, I does

The Pixies..um chagga lagga....(you know that one with Kenny from South Park :p )...cant help singing "give him a ball and a yard of grass" when it comes on......:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Sitting out in the back garden there...Bell x 1...Pixies x 2, Teenage fan club and The Clash.....after october where am i going to hear this kind of mix again....

:(

Anyone have an answer to this ? Was searching around online and couldn't find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone have an answer to this ? Was searching around online and couldn't find anything

BBC 6Music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

threein99 wrote: »

8radio courtesy of Mr Maher

8radio courtesy of Mr Maher

Find it hard to take to 8 Radio. No consistency to the music at all.

Find it hard to take to 8 Radio. No consistency to the music at all.

Agree with the consistency. But given the alternatives....

Agree with the consistency. But given the alternatives....

TBH I'd happily listen to Nova if it wasn't for the 'zany' presenters.

I tried listening to 'morning glory' a couple of times. They must be the worst presenters on radio. Stomach turning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, this

Advertisement