Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They were going through a major nova phase a few weeks ago. I really like the Beatles etc, but just find it a bit of wasted airtime when there is so much new music out there.

New music....:mad:.....i'm finding it really hard to listen to TX for the last while..most of this "new music" is just awful imo...we seem to be back to chants,singing with an accent and happy happy tunes...thank god for The Pixies and Green day...where is all the rock gone...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

New music....:mad:.....i'm finding it really hard to listen to TX for the last while..most of this "new music" is just awful imo...we seem to be back to chants,singing with an accent and happy happy tunes...thank god for The Pixies and Green day...where is all the rock gone...:o

There have been one or two that I had to check to see if TX was still on and my daughter did not change to spin on the sly!!
    Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You literally just described Green Day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Fair enough, the point being that nova-esque (beatles/doors/zepplin) music could be confined to its own show, leaving space for new/Irish etc music.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

When I tuned it to TX Drive earlier Joe read out a text saying "You're killing me now, tell us" & Joe said he can't but we'd find out in Oct, or words to that effect. Anyone hear what he originally said? (I don't want to overhype that cos it might have been nothing much)

• Advertisement

Twizzler wrote: »
    When I tuned it to TX Drive earlier Joe read out a text saying "You're killing me now, tell us" & Joe said he can't but we'd find out in Oct, or words to that effect. Anyone hear what he originally said? (I don't want to overhype that cos it might have been nothing much)

Something to do with his Halloween costume? I'm gas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Something to do with his Halloween costume? I'm gas

On his last day he's gonna tell us who played the piano in the end of Epic.
    He also said today after reading out an email from myself that the last day will be October 22nd.

So did the dirt on tx a bit this evening. Decided to have a mooch around internet radio, selected alt stations in the U.S and found 100.5 The Drive. Not too bad 8 songs in. Standard fare alternative, no chatter between songs really. I will really miss drive time with Joe though.

CianRyan wrote: »
    He also said today after reading out an email from myself that the last day will be October 22nd.

I assumed it was Roddy Bottum....:confused:

A Saturday...interesting - I assumed it would be a Fri. Wonder will they all be in the studio so in the Parklife slot to see it off. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Is Revolver gone, or just off for this week cos of EP? Tuned in at 8 & it seems like it's just playlisted music since.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I remember it being played ages ago on the Joe & Keith Breakfast Show. Joe told Keith it was Richard Clayderman..... !

I wonder if Joe fits into this....

14203232_10155255309572907_410214553739093954_n.png?oh=a2c7408e6f2ec3d417ca54c899f88787&oe=5838980A

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

I think i remember hearing somewhere that it was stevie nicks, I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this is more one for Declan A Walsh's notes, but I heard Mick Clifford say at the end of The Right Hook tonight that one of the shows producers was Orla Ormond, presumably the same former Phantom presenter/producer that left a few years ago for Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

this is more one for Declan A Walsh's notes, but I heard Mick Clifford say at the end of The Right Hook tonight that one of the shows producers was Orla Ormond, presumably the same former Phantom presenter/producer that left a few years ago for Canada.

Would you believe it, I happened to have Newstalk on at that exact moment and I wondered about that name! I think he said she was looking after sound. Thanks for thinking of me, though!

Joe having a breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Birneybau wrote: »
    Joe having a breakdown?

explain?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Joe having a breakdown?

explain?

Coming out with some weird stories. Nothing much.

....who else but Joe....giggity giggity.....

• Advertisement

Twas funny in fairness.

Why are they persisting with that awful PiL song?

Why are they persisting with that awful PiL song?

Is'nt it just terrible......sounds like an angry choir boy singing it.....sad..

Also..i cant help humming New Orders "Age of consent" when it starts....takes my mind of it a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

That Bell X1 song makes me switch TXFM off each time it's played. As well as those PiL and Green Day songs.

The music on some shows lately makes me feel like they're trying to transition us into listening to Nova in a few weeks time. More Hendrix and generic Nova fare songs being played regularly. (I'm not calling Hendrix generic, by the way).

Cathal is still playing an eclectic mix each morning and fair play to him!

Liam92 wrote: »
    That Bell X1 song makes me switch TXFM off each time it's played. As well as those PiL and Green Day songs.

The music on some shows lately makes me feel like they're trying to transition us into listening to Nova in a few weeks time. More Hendrix and generic Nova fare songs being played regularly. (I'm not calling Hendrix generic, by the way).

Cathal is still playing an eclectic mix each morning and fair play to him!

Joe played The Wallflowers ,One headlight this evening....dont think i ever heard this on TX before...Nova, all the time.......Dont give in Joe...:)

Got myself some merch, chuffed.

LEIN wrote: »
    Got myself some merch, chuffed.

Likewise!
    How much did they give you? I got 9 pieces, must be trying to clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Likewise!

So it's not maximum three items!?! :pac:

That you earlier going on about your teacher in a band dude?

Likewise!

Probably about the same.

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    So it's not maximum three items!?! :pac:

That you earlier going on about your teacher in a band dude?

Yep, Cian in Tallaght is my TX alias. :p

I got 3 pens, 3 blocks of sticky notes, 2 lanyards and a bottle opener.
    Was ranging when I heard there was a bet may found and I didn't get it! :pac:

Advertisement