Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

You could make a case for Vampire Weekend - 3 albums, all excellent.

Also Arctic Monkeys (though their first record is a little over 10 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I love so much of the White Stripes, but that 'new' song is really annoying the heck out of me.
    Really hope it falls off the playlist, but it'll probably be there til the bitter end.

It only struck me how much I love the Sunday mornings 'Sunday Service' with Dee Reddy.
    I'd always have it on in the background, and have picked up lots of new music (oldies and new) from it.
    It's bad enough knowing Cathal will leave my weekday mornings, but this really is hitting home now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Cathal just announced that 26th of October is the final day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That's a balls .. :( ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I had a small bit of hope it could be saved :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

RastaRed wrote: »

Its the end of my world as I know it....and I dont feel fine..............:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I don't know if it was mentioned on this thread before, but I stumbled across Jack Hyland on Nova last night.. so there is form for a former phantom dj making the move...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

everlast75 wrote: »
    I don't know if it was mentioned on this thread before, but I stumbled across Jack Hyland on Nova last night.. so there is form for a former phantom dj making the move...

That's right. Jack Hyland has been with Nova since the autumn of last year and before that he did a stint with related temporary-licensed The Rock. Initially, he had a show on Friday evenings called 80s and 90s. He recently became the permanent presenter of Nova Nights Mons-Thurs 7pm - midnight. Ironically, he replaced Sinead Ni Mhordha, who was let go, and she was another ex-Phantom presenter!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

RastaRed wrote: »

Great news - I thought it was the 22nd! Presumably Joe will finish it out, at least I hope so anyhow. Gonna be emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Before they finish up, it'd be appreciated if they stopped playing that awful Grimes song from the Suicide Squad soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Great news - I thought it was the 22nd! Presumably Joe will finish it out, at least I hope so anyhow. Gonna be emotional.
    Joe Donnelly's tweet regarding the new 'Daily Playlist' feature on Spotifiy yesterday made me sad- kinda like he was acknowledging TXFM's executioner
    C:\Users\rl56\Desktop
    https://twitter.com/kildarejoe?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

So the TX Internet stream is down for me.
    I decided to give 6 music a test run.

Music is good but the presenter that's on at the moment is stonned and trying far too hard to be funny.
    I want Cathal back....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It only struck me how much I love the Sunday mornings 'Sunday Service' with Dee Reddy.
    (

I like the show but I can't warm to her voice. It always sounds like she has been out on the lash the night before and smokes 40 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Clem_Fandango

Keavers is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

LEIN wrote: »
    So the TX Internet stream is down for me.
    I decided to give 6 music a test run.

Music is good but the presenter that's on at the moment is stonned and trying far too hard to be funny.
    I want Cathal back....

Down for me too. I know eff all about radio, but does that mean they've shut that service down?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Down for me too. I know eff all about radio, but does that mean they've shut that service down?

The TX app player is working but it's not great. It stops every few minutes for no reason at all.

Tune in stream seems to be down and I hope it's not dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

TX ap was working fine yesterday for me. Never had any dropout issues with it.
    Tunein feed gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

ok, what am i going to listen to in the morning on the way in for the daily grind once the aul txfm shuts down..:(

It's either build up my own collection or streaming radio services.
    Enjoy all styles of music of all genres. I just cant tune into the usual muck that's aired in this country especially at ( 7-8 am - 4-6pm )

I do realise there are some decent sets throughout the week on other stations but generally don't listen at those hours.

Any recommendations for streaming stations playing new, indie rock, rock and similar genres for 80's 90's ...
    i'm guessing tunein radio is the way to go anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

syngindub wrote: »
    ok, what am i going to listen to in the morning on the way in for the daily grind once the aul txfm shuts down..:(

Enjoy all styles of music of all genres. I just cant tune into the usual muck that's aired in this country especially at ( 7-8 am - 4-6pm )

I do realise there are some decent sets throughout the week on other stations but generally don't listen at those hours.

Any recommendations for streaming stations playing new, indie rock, rock and similar genres for 80's 90's ...

2XM:
    http://2xm.rte.ie/schedule/

6 Music:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/programmes/schedules

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Unfortunately, he's off tomorrow and for the next two weeks :( Back for the last three days though. I'm emotional already!

• Advertisement

Back in business on Tunein

Twizzler wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he's off tomorrow and for the next two weeks :( Back for the last three days though. I'm emotional already!

Yeah, heard that earlier. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

That's one hell of a job interview he's going for.

I assume he's covering for someone? Hopefully the last couple of years will stand to him and he deservedly will move up the ladder.

syngindub wrote: »

Discovered 100.5 The Drive online recently. Very similar music, more American alternative as it's based there but very tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

The music on Cathal's show this morning was possibly the best mix of tunes I've heard on TXFM.

Such a pity that the end is becoming more nigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

If your looking for an alternative when this shuts down, found a little gem of a station
    Available on tunein

Radio Paradise

http://www.radioparadise.com/mx-content.php?show_mobile=yes

Excelent mix with lots of genres and no ads

Delighted for Cathal winning an award at the PPI the other night. Not the most polished presenter but puts his heart in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Delighted for Cathal winning an award at the PPI the other night. Not the most polished presenter but puts his heart in to it.

Exactly why i like him...honest , not false and zany...he'd be no use on Nova breakfast...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

2 song's intros spoken over by this Shelly character, 'She's Lost Control' and 'This Charming Man', a cardinal sin in my book.

Advertisement