Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Spotify play list posted by the TX Facebook page got me through the huge hole that was left in the airwaves this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

everlast75 wrote: »
    started the car up this morning to be greeted by static.

weird to see TXFM on the display but hear nothing :(

I wondered was anyone else in the same boat (or car).

When your routine gets knocked off kilter then you know something is up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Just downloaded the 8Radio app.

That's as close as we're gonna get I reckon.

Installed it this morning too. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.
    Tried BBC Radio 6 when I woke up this morning. Didn't click with me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Tunes are fine so far but without presenters I may as well be listening to Spotify.

The morning show presenter on 6, to say the least is appalling. Complete opposite to Cathal.

No radio will click with me at the moment, taking a break.

The TX and Joe's play lists will do for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Tunes are fine so far but without presenters I may as well be listening to Spotify.

Completely agree. Are there any presenters on the station?

I wonder are 8Radio.com expecting a migration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Anywhere I can listen to the last show?

Completely agree. Are there any presenters on the station?

I wonder are 8Radio.com expecting a migration

I'd say they are. I'm happy to do so but not if it's all playlisted. Now's their chance to reel us in I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Incidentally, there were references to people having to find jobs again, etc, etc. They forgot to mention that Claire Beck and Kelly-Anne Byrne already have gigs with Today FM. But I suppose it probably would not have been a good time to be saying that on air in front of those who do not.
    Claire mentioned her TodayFM show (and Workmans club DJ residency) on her show earlier in the day. she's going off travelling around the world at the weekend, so is finished them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

everlast75 wrote: »
    started the car up this morning to be greeted by static.

weird to see TXFM on the display but hear nothing :(
    I did the whole journey to work with just static on, couldn't bring myself to switch over to another station or put on a CD.
    it felt like some weird form of cathartic grieving :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I swear if i hear anything like "Nova..the only rock station in Dublin" or if they play Funeral for a friend...i wont be responsible.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

jobless wrote: »
    Anyone with spotify, Joe donnelly has a play list of his last show... Search for Kildarejoe

Hi what's the name of this play list? I can't see it there

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

And suddenly rhetorical questions such as "where else would you hear.....?" and "who else would play......?" have become heartfelt pleas....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

dmm82 wrote: »

They had it posted on their Facebook page last night too ...

https://open.spotify.com/user/dpatricio/playlist/5U18hoVjb48GGsH9vUznEL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

dmm82 wrote: »

if you go to his public playlists its called 'last show'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I've been listening to TX/Phantom in the morning/evening walk to/from work for the last five years, and not having it this morning made me rather sad on the walk in. Not to mention how sad I was at points yesterday too.

It's just a radio station, why do I get all these feels?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Clem_Fandango

Just to put into perspective the 3,000 increase in listeners, that's about 17 people in the survey saying they listen. 17. The JNLR system is flawed, but it's da wan we got.

Cina wrote: »
    I've been listening to TX/Phantom in the morning/evening walk to/from work for the last five years, and not having it this morning made me rather sad on the walk in. Not to mention how sad I was at points yesterday too.

It's just a radio station, why do I get all these feels?

Same here, I'm grieving.

Was dropping the little one to creche earlier. Radio permanently tuned to 105.2 and of course greeted with static. Station hopped for a couple of minutes then got 'Nothing Compares To You' on one of the stations. Actually started crying. It was just a radio station and I'm a grown man. WTF is wrong with me FFS? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Well the drive into work this morning was ****. Need to find something else via Tunein that'll play similar stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

without wishing to sound like a hipster, I realised i've been listening for the last 18 years or so. Right back, the hangover breakfast show, Sinister Pete, the lot. Feeding frenzy, going to see Turn having won tickets on the station.. Lots of memories.

No wonder it feels so strange right now.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Well the drive into work this morning was ****. Need to find something else via Tunein that'll play similar stuff.

A few people suggested Radio 6 - I tried this morning, but the presenter was unbelievably annoying, absolutely loved the sound of his own voice.

I think a part of what made TX great and why we're sad it's gone is that fact that all the presenters just seemed so ... sound. It always felt like they were interacting with you, that they cared what music you wanted etc.

I just don't think we'll ever get that again, *sniff sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just discovered this thread - where do I sign up for the counselling?

Felt really sad this morning when I got into the car to drop off my little one to Créche only to be greeted with silence from the radio.

I have to say, the last 6 months or so were excellent It was especially nice to see them blow off a bit of steam and just pick some wacky song, or play the explicit version of a song on a Saturday afternoon while stuck in the car.

It really made me appreciate Phantom and TX all the more :)

Cina wrote: »
    A few people suggested Radio 6 - I tried this morning, but the presenter was unbelievably annoying, absolutely loved the sound of his own voice.

I think a part of what made TX great and why we're sad it's gone is that fact that all the presenters just seemed so ... sound. It always felt like they were interacting with you, that they cared what music you wanted etc.

I just don't think we'll ever get that again, *sniff sniff*

Think of Keaveny as someone that hates you, hates mornings, hates modern life, but loves music. Then it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Anywhere I can listen to the last show?

you can listen back to all yesterdays shows on txfm website but it doesnt have the last hr 7-8:( anyone know where i could source it from

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I'd say they are. I'm happy to do so but not if it's all playlisted. Now's their chance to reel us in I guess.
    Does anyone know what time the DJs start on 8Radio? It's not clear from the website or their Facebook page. They just seem to be talking about night slots on Facebook.

listen to kexp.org Just sharrup and check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lads, I think a lot of you might still be wearing your rose tinted glasses that were loaned out at the time they announced it was closing and got a bit more freedom with the playlist.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I feel like this thread deserves a title change. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

I feel like this thread deserves a title change. Any suggestions?

No. A new thread can start. This thread should end.

Advertisement