Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I meant to say before that TXFM got a mention from Mark Cagney and Ciara Doherty on Thursday morning's Ireland AM on TV3. Initially, he thought it was closing that evening but then he corrected himself! He talked about the station's passion for music and expressed has admiration of John Caddell and Joe Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

RastaRed wrote:
    How do you do that?

You right click on the playlist and select collaborate. Then send on the link to the playlist. Anyone with the link can then add to the playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

RastaRed wrote: »
    think i sussed it there, will someone try and add a tune to the playlist see if it works

Yep, it works

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

[URL="spotify:user:gordon.edmunds:playlist:3iZAmhPEpKQWMyhQL7poDo"]spotify:user:gordon.edmunds:playlist:3iZAmhPEpKQWMyhQL7poDo[/URL]

someone give it a go now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

[URL="spotify:user:gordon.edmunds:playlist:3iZAmhPEpKQWMyhQL7poDo"]spotify:user:gordon.edmunds:playlist:3iZAmhPEpKQWMyhQL7poDo[/URL]

someone give it a go now

That seems to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

someone give it a go now

Is it tx only uploads or can it go back to phantom days? They would play songs on heavy rotation for a few months only to never hear from the band then after that. A few of them have been coming back to me the last while.

Maybe that's for a seperate phantom playlist....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

paulbok wrote: »
    It's group therapy now.

Screw that
    Forget about that
    I don't want to think about anything like that.............:p

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

gluppers wrote: »
    For your daily commute now on I'd recommend Live Drive on Dublin City FM 103.2

- No news
    - No ads
    - New Irish music
    - indie music
    - almost guaranteed requests played
    - Even though it's function is to provides traffic news, plays on average 7-8 songs a hour

7am - 10am

4pm - 7pm

Enjoy!

Sample playlist

Thursday, October 27, 2016
    Playlist for Thursday 27.10.16
    4-5
    The Kinks - Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
    Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness
    Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight
    Weezer - Buddy Holly
    Nocturnal Habits - Good Grief
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - I Need You
    Paddy Hanna - Austria
    The Specials - Rudi, A Message To You

5-6
    The Strokes - Someday
    Orchid Collective -Courage
    Pixies - Dead
    AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie
    David Bowie - Oh! You Pretty Things

6-7
    Laura-Ann Brady - Masterpiece
    Sufjan Stevens - Concerning The UFO Sightin Near Highland Illinois
    The Zutons - Valerie
    Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
    The Strypes- Blue Collar Jane
    The Smiths - Big Mouth Strikes Again

I tuned in Friday from 4-5...is there usually so much detailed traffic updates? I hope it was because it was a bank holiday Friday. Besides that the music was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

muloc wrote: »
    I tuned in Friday from 4-5...is there usually so much detailed traffic updates? I hope it was because it was a bank holiday Friday. Besides that the music was decent.

That's normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Traffic updates are the whole point of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

what's broadcasting on 105.2 now? a dance pirate?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That playlist isn't the sound of TXFM IMO. Was grand at the start but way too much hip hop on it now and also remixes / edits of some of the more recently added tracks aren't the versions played on TX. What I liked about TXFM was you could leave it on all day and like pretty much every song. Not with that playlist, not now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

woejus wrote: »

You are probably hearing Energy from the Isle of Man, if music is now 'smoother' thats Smooth FM - weather conditions today allowing reception of UK stations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

woejus wrote: »

I think someone earlier in the thread said Christmas FM have been given the frequency temporarily!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I think someone earlier in the thread said Christmas FM have been given the frequency temporarily!!
    Christmas FM aren't on air til the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I've tuned the Irish station in. My little fella even commented that it was good today as he knew I was upset about TXFM closing.

Keep this openðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

what was the last song on txfm and phatom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Tuned into 8Radio for a bit today. So far so good.

Is it tx only uploads or can it go back to phantom days? They would play songs on heavy rotation for a few months only to never hear from the band then after that. A few of them have been coming back to me the last while.

Maybe that's for a seperate phantom playlist....

Upload away, once its decent:)

Big Nasty wrote: »
    That playlist isn't the sound of TXFM IMO. Was grand at the start but way too much hip hop on it now and also remixes / edits of some of the more recently added tracks aren't the versions played on TX. What I liked about TXFM was you could leave it on all day and like pretty much every song. Not with that playlist, not now anyway.

Only getting to have a look at it today, there was a good bit of hip hop played on txfm, the tracks recently added to the playlist have been played on txfm numerous times so I cant see what your problem is with it

• Advertisement

I don't have an issue with it as such. Some of the content just doesn't sound TX to me. It was constructive criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Mr Snow wrote: »

Last Song as Phantom: Revelate by The Frames.

Last Song for TXFM (and Phantom/TXFM for ever): The Day After the Revolution by Pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Mr Snow wrote: »

The Day After The Revolution by Pulp.

I was expecting David Bowie cos they spoke a lot about him during the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

LEIN wrote: »
    Tuned into 8Radio for a bit today. So far so good.

Ya it's not bad. I've been listening to BBC 6 in work and it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Only getting to have a look at it today, there was a good bit of hip hop played on txfm, the tracks recently added to the playlist have been played on txfm numerous times so I cant see what your problem is with it

You know what these people are like, if it doesn't have guitars in it, it falls outside their incredibly narrow view of alternative music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with it as such. Some of the content just doesn't sound TX to me. It was constructive criticism.

are you listening to a different playlist? there's very little hiphop on it and almost no remixes at all.
    just scrolled through it all and saw 6 marked as remixes out of nearly 500 songs, and 2 of those are Primal Scream ones...

It's just my opinion lads. If you don't agree that's fine. Let's move on.

wrmwit wrote: »
    Ya it's not bad. I've been listening to BBC 6 in work and it's good.

I think 8Radio's very good...pity it's not on FM also but sher can't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

I think 8Radio's very good...pity it's not on FM also but sher can't complain

In 2013 the 8Radio.com group was formed and a formal structure for 8Radio.com was born. Apart from its online presence, which is 8Radio.com’s main broadcast platform, 8Radio has applied for, and been granted, temporary FM licences to broadcast to the cities of Dublin, Galway, Cork and Limerick at weekends. The next FM broadcasts are scheduled for Dublin in November/December 2016 and across all 4 cities in February/March 2017. These FM broadcasts are intended to act as further proof of concept for the 8Radio.com format and provide an avenue for disenfranchised radio listeners to find their way back to Irish radio. 8Radio.com has targeted 7000 app downloads as well as 8000 Facebook likes and 5000 Twitter followers by the end of 2016.

http://8radio.com/?page_id=967

Hopefully their test weekends will go well on FM. I'm sure someone will put details on here closer to the time.

• Advertisement

ahlookit wrote: »
    http://8radio.com/?page_id=967

Hopefully their test weekends will go well on FM. I'm sure someone will put details on here closer to the time.

great stuff...hopefully I'll be able to pick it up in the car on my commute :p

Advertisement