Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So lads, 8Radio on the FM and they're doing a great job. Another reason so look forward to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

CianRyan wrote: »
    So lads, 8Radio on the FM and they're doing a great job. Another reason so look forward to the weekend!

I've made them my station of choice since TXFM ended, but I found the FM transmission very sketchy at the weekend - in my house anyway, maybe the issue pertains specifically to me and my region. There's a station very close on either side and the interference was cruel. I went back to the app in the end. It felt like that situation where the wire is almost gone in your headphones and you're holding it at a certain angle on the bus to keep it working - I had to stand in a certain place for the aerial to work properly. But, you know, the time came when I had to actually MOVE - and then the problems started. Anyway. Back to the app.
    I still miss TXFM desperately. Love the music on 8Radio, but I want daytime DJs all week. 2XM also works for me, so I'm flitting over there when the lack of DJs on 8 bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Twizzler wrote: »
    . Love the music on 8Radio, but I want daytime DJs all week.

"We want daytime DJs, We want daytime DJs, We want daytime DJs,"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Am I the only one who isn't particularly bothered by the lack of djs on 8 radio? I do miss Cathal, Claire and Joe and would prefer prefer if there was presenters but getting on okay without them at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is there any shows/slots that play the type of stuff from that Dan Hegarty/2XM playlist on the previous page?
    any time i've tuned into 8radio the music has been far too skewed towards dull 80s/90s indie rock.

is there any shows/slots that play the type of stuff from that Dan Hegarty/2XM playlist on the previous page?
    any time i've tuned into 8radio the music has been far too skewed towards dull 80s/90s indie rock.

100.5 the drive is another one to add to the online arsenal. Similar to txfm, a mix of classic indie/alternative and new. I did shudder when I heard Mr Jones however.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

I was in Dublin over the weekend from the shticks and it was great listening to it in the car. Great job indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Whats the frequency Kenneth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

100.5 the drive is another one to add to the online arsenal. Similar to txfm, a mix of classic indie/alternative and new. I did shudder when I heard Mr Jones however.
    just gone onto their website, top news story is about Beyonce, the last 3 songs played are:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl
    Jet

Fly
    Sugar Ray

A Thousand Years
    Christina Perri

:eek:

• Advertisement

just gone onto their website, top news story is about Beyonce, the last 3 songs played are:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl
    Jet

Fly
    Sugar Ray

A Thousand Years
    Christina Perri

:eek:

I completely agree. When I heard the goo goo dolls I thought, I really wish I hadn't put forward that recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

John Caddell turned up this evening on Today FM's The Last Word discussing toys for grown-ups!

According to another thread, Esther Moore O'Donoghue was presenting on Christmas FM recently.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

John Caddell turned up this evening on Today FM's The Last Word discussing toys for grown-ups!

According to another thread, Esther Moore O'Donoghue was presenting on Christmas FM recently.

Yes, Tuesday the 29th from 10-12.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was all happy out with the TXFM tribute playlist on spotify going through my fancy new bluetooth FM receiver thing set to 105.2 and then they go and ruin everything by putting fcuking Christmas FM of all things on 105.2. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I was all happy out with the TXFM tribute playlist on spotify going through my fancy new bluetooth FM receiver thing set to 105.2 and then they go and ruin everything by putting fcuking Christmas FM of all things on 105.2. :mad::mad:

I was subjected to 2 hours in work today.

Nearly lost the will to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

FFS lads..its for charity..get into the mood...could be worse, could have been Nova......:P

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Bah humbug.

Bah humbug.

Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anton Savage left Today FM rather suddenly on Friday.

Would love to see Joe Donnelly getting the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Anton Savage left Today FM rather suddenly on Friday.

Would love to see Joe Donnelly getting the slot.

Oh - I actually liked Anton's show more than I thought I would. Bit of a shock but would be pleased to see Joe get it. He might be a bit dry for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

everlast75 wrote: »
    Oh - I actually liked Anton's show more than I thought I would. Bit of a shock but would be pleased to see Joe get it. He might be a bit dry for some

Joe's too good for that slot....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

I heard Joe was working 'behind the scenes ' in Today FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

thesaurus2 wrote: »

Looks like he is from his tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

thesaurus2 wrote: »

He was for years. Tom Dunne's producer for yonks, occasionally covered for him.

Big loss for todayfm losing anton, I'm surprised it took him so long to get up to get level though, surely he'all be snapped up.

I wouldn't have seen joe in a daytime spot on a national to be honest, would love to hear him on an evening alternative show on today fm ala Pet Sounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Clem_Fandango

This thread should wrap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Or, just stop coming in. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No

When I get bored of a thread, I just hit unsub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Joe Donnelly was on the Anton Savage / matt Cooper / Gavin Reilly show this evening talking about LPs that go well with craft beer. Nice to hear him on air again. Even Gavin said it was a very TXFM kinda article

Advertisement