Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Do people genuinely think him and those stupid sound effects are funny? Asides from the woman who rings in looking for Gerry Rafferty every day ffs

It would seem so....what's worse it this miller/pope rugby crap.....on a rock station...is this just for the D4 listeners..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Dermot and Dave, Spotify and Podcasts gets me through my work day. Along with actually doing some work :)

Pat Courtney on the Nova afternoon show is painful to listen. I'm warming to the lads in the morning though

Can't stand those two lads, I find them very forced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've changed location within my job and am now in an office with Newstalk on all bloody day. I miss the good old days of TXFM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mostly Newstalk until 16:30, then tune into Raidio Na Life from 16:30 to 18:00 which plays an absolute quality mix of stuff, alternative, Scott Walker, all kinds of stuff.

Also, John Caddell started a website:

http://rockyoulike.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Birneybau wrote: »
    Mostly Newstalk until 16:30, then tune into Raidio Na Life from 16:30 to 18:00 which plays an absolute quality mix of stuff, alternative, Scott Walker, all kinds of stuff.

Also, John Caddell started a website:

http://rockyoulike.com/

Judging by that website he set up, a late night more free-rein show on Radio Nova might actually suit him,

Further to my previous post, for completion, I should have mentioned that Today FM's Paul McLoone and Dave Moore (of Dermot and Dave) did some presenting on TXFM.

Which former TXFM presenters are unaccounted for, taking into account this and my previous post? This is most of them: Tara Harrison, Brian Keaveney, Paul Donegan, Derek Byrne, Donal Dineen, Nialler9, Paul Lynskey and Johnny Cullen... and of course the lads involved in Pogo Radio in its first year.

Judging by that website he set up, a late night more free-rein show on Radio Nova might actually suit him,

Further to my previous post, for completion, I should have mentioned that Today FM's Paul McLoone and Dave Moore (of Dermot and Dave) did some presenting on TXFM.

Which former TXFM presenters are unaccounted for, taking into account this and my previous post? This is most of them: Tara Harrison, Brian Keaveney, Paul Donegan, Derek Byrne, Donal Dineen, Nialler9, Paul Lynskey and Johnny Cullen... and of course the lads involved in Pogo Radio in its first year.

Donal Dineen doing an online visual show: 'This Ain't No Disco', sure, Nialler9 is just carrying on with what he's always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Newstalk or Spotify/music off my phone when in the car.

when I'm at home or at work and remember, 2XM can be pretty good. depends on the show, Dan Hegarty, Giles Peterson and Chillwavey shows are pretty good, the 2XM Rocks/This Party Rocks shows can be good but a bit hit and miss.
    was listening last night and off the top of my head, they played Slowdive, Anderson .Paak, Oh Wonder, Sampha, London Grammar, and a quite a few good songs by acts that i'd never heard of, including this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Weekly little youtube clip showcasing new bands. Looks like they're mainly UK, and its a channel run by another band, The Luka State. But some of them are quite good, I imagine would have been played on TX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6u2Qwf_vU

Wheres everyone else going for new music apart from Spotify? Spotify is good, but there was always a bit more depth to new songs on TX as alot of the listeners and presenters gave their opinions on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Weekly little youtube clip showcasing new bands. Looks like they're mainly UK, and its a channel run by another band, The Luka State. But some of them are quite good, I imagine would have been played on TX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6u2Qwf_vU

Wheres everyone else going for new music apart from Spotify? Spotify is good, but there was always a bit more depth to new songs on TX as alot of the listeners and presenters gave their opinions on them.

BBC Radio 6 for me when I'm home. Through the BBC Radio app. I'm sure there is better but that's been fine for me for the past few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

I've given up on the radio so it's music streaming Apps for me all the way now.
    Spotify mainly I guess, but I've been using Apple Music a lot more of late.
    >>It contains a larger library of all the old obscure/ out of print 90s Electronic stuff I've retreated to since TXFM's demise..
    This morning's commute saw my car stereo blasting out CJ Bolland's 'Electronic Highway' and some old breakbeat/jungle from the likes of 'Moving Shadow' Recs & A Guy Called Gerald.
    I had Messiah's (God awful!!) '21st Century Jesus' & some 'React' recordings stuff (crappy Nu-Nrg/ Euro Acidey malarkey) blaring out on the way home yesterday- Dad rave indeed!! Some Mo Wax & Howie B stuff later for some balance I figure!!

The main downside to the App is that the interface/ navigation on Android is crap and it doesn't work on any (non IOS) tablet's still to the best of my knowledge.
    I have a few months left on the free trial so hopefully this will improve..
    Sure I might try one of those dodgy youtube streamers you pay €30 for as once off instead.
    You cant beat Youtube for dodgy white label / unreleased stuff!!

Seriously, Raidio na Life playing an absolute stormer this afternoon. Like an indie disco. 106.2

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Seriously, Raidio na Life playing an absolute stormer this afternoon. Like an indie disco. 106.2

Drive time on Dublin City FM is worthy of serious consideration too, they play some excellent tunes and the traffic updates have almost become a soothing white noise to tune out to (for me anyway)

Drive time on Dublin City FM is worthy of serious consideration too, they play some excellent tunes and the traffic updates have almost become a soothing white noise to tune out to (for me anyway)

My radio seems to have trouble keeping Dublin City Fm's signal.

I see what ya did there......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Six months gone today.

Still missing it terribly. :(

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Six months gone today.

AHHHH...thought you we were comin in with some good news...6 months...seems like 6 years....really miss Cathal in the mornings...:(

AHHHH...thought you we were comin in with some good news...6 months...seems like 6 years....really miss Cathal in the mornings...:(

I thought the same :(

My car radio is still tuned to 105.2

threein99 wrote: »
    I thought the same :(

My car radio is still tuned to 105.2

Silence is golden golden............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I discovered that the car I got recently has the DAB radio pack installed on it, so have been listening to 2XM on my commutes in the morning/evening. can be a bit hit and miss and there's often no presenters, but it's mildly easing the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Silence is golden golden............:)

R-1966339-1297037225.jpeg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ahlookit wrote: »
    R-1966339-1297037225.jpeg.jpg

Classic album - brilliant band! Love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Six months gone today.

Feels a lot longer. Really going to notice it in the run up to EP.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Classic album - brilliant band! Love it

Best cover of Wild horses out there...;)

Prince's year anniversary the other day made me think of TXFM.

Prince's year anniversary the other day made me think of TXFM.

The listen back feature is still available if you need a fix

Yeah but it needs the FF function....old news bulletins are....old news..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Not sure about the legalities of this - but is there a quick way to download a heap of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Wow... i didn't know the listen back feature was still available. It's so strange listening to it. It's like tearing open old wounds :(

• Advertisement

Cathal funge presenting a show on today fm bank hol Monday at 8pm. Irish rock/punk scene in late 70a apparently

Advertisement