Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

threein99 wrote: »
    Joe is in for Al Porter on Today FM :cool:

And the quality of the show is increased immediately exponentially...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Then he goes and plays Bieber. :rolleyes:

Called him out on twitter but he's defending himself well saying technically it's Luis Fonsi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Called him out on twitter but he's defending himself well saying technically it's Luis Fonsi.

It's Today FM at lunchtime, what do you expect ?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's Joe Donnelly, you don't expect Justin forking Bieber!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

You think the DJs choose the music that's played........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How many of yez had to check how to spell Bieber.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Have you heard the version without Justin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Accidentally tuned into Dublin City Fm this morning. New alternative Irish playing and this evening had futureheads and the 4 of us. Something different at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Accidentally tuned into Dublin City Fm this morning. New alternative Irish playing and this evening had futureheads and the 4 of us. Something different at least.

On in the evening as well. Live Drive, play great stuff.

every time i see this at the top i go...:eek:..its coming back...but then...no...:(:(

• Advertisement

Does the licence get advertised every year even if it hasn't been taken up the year before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Does the licence get advertised every year even if it hasn't been taken up the year before?

Nope - and there appears to be no plans for the BAI to readvertise this licence in the near future

So it's just nova then....:(

So it's just nova then....:(

Dublin City FM plays quite a cool mix of music.

Can i get it in Wicklow..?..kilcoole area...

Can i get it in Wicklow..?..kilcoole area...

I THINK you can get it in Bray.

Few km away....what frequency.?

Few km away....what frequency.?

103.2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I so miss TXFM - only decent show in the mornings.

Dublin City is decent enough, better than Nova anyway - I just can't listen to the morning show on Nova anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Kamili wrote: »
    I so miss TXFM - only decent show in the mornings.

Dublin City is decent enough, better than Nova anyway - I just can't listen to the morning show on Nova anymore :(

Two absolute tools. I just dont them. They should be on CBEEBIES. Thats the level they are at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Two absolute tools. I just dont them. They should be on CBEEBIES. Thats the level they are at!

I agree wholeheartedly to that, its gone so pathetic. At least when Dee woods was on she reined them in a bit.

Anyway TXFM, come back!

Looks like 8Radio are trying to apply for a permenant fm slot. According to their fb page.

Anyone on this thread have any more information on this......?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Looks like 8Radio are trying to apply for a permenant fm slot. According to their fb page.

They're asking people on their Facebook to fill out a survey

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1831601760188717&id=501194503229456

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

The BAI have asked for "Expressions of Interest" in order to help them to plan future licencing. Submissions are due in next Thursday. The BAI will then decide (after they see the results of a research study into the market) what their plan of action will be. Nothing will happen quickly, but at least there is a process and if you're not in, you can't win as the man says!

Simon
    8Radio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

SimonMaher wrote: »
    The BAI have asked for "Expressions of Interest" in order to help them to plan future licencing. Submissions are due in next Thursday. The BAI will then decide (after they see the results of a research study into the market) what their plan of action will be. Nothing will happen quickly, but at least there is a process and if you're not in, you can't win as the man says!

Simon
    8Radio.com

I've just filled the survey. The very best of luck with it all Simon. Keep up the good work with 8Radio in the meantime.

Simon
    8Radio.com

Simon, hope we're not going to get another Nova....:eek:

Simon
    8Radio.com

I don't use Facebook but if I did I would definitely sign it.

Simon, hope we're not going to get another Nova....:eek:

I doubt we will Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I don't use Facebook but if I did I would definitely sign it.

You do not need an account to follow the link.

• Advertisement

Survey.....Done...;)

Advertisement