Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Concentration/Falling asleep

• 28-03-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys,first post on boards here.

I've come because ever since I finished the Junior cert I've been finding it literally impossible to concentrate while studying. I often stare at insurmountable walls of words because I can't concentrate properly,or fall alseep alltogether.
    I'm in 6th year now and it's 2 months until my Acid Test Ratio(Business Studies joke) and I have no clue what I'm gonna do.
    I've dropped from a straight A student down to a C student and I know I could bring myself back up easily if I could just concentrate.
    What I want to know is if anyone has had this problem and also how they corrected it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anon1996

PS: I would also like to point out that Literature is a love of mine. I read a lot of books on a regular basis without any trouble what so ever. It's only when I study I have problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you been to a doctor for a blood test to rule out any physical basis?

You may need to find a different study technique (aural/visual/physical instead of reading), if there is not a physical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anon1996

spurious wrote: »
    Have you been to a doctor for a blood test to rule out any physical basis?

You may need to find a different study technique (aural/visual/physical instead of reading), if there is not a physical issue.

Thanks for the tip. Ill ask for a blood test asap then go from there. Do you know what kind of things i can find out from a blood test?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not a doctor, but a blood test could show anaemia, thyroid imbalances or vitamin deficiencies, all of which could cause tiredness and inability to concentrate. Your results wouldn't take longer than a week and at least it would rule out many possibilities.

Advertisement