Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's talk about John Gilligan

• 28-03-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

His sister put up a post to defend her brother and it's possibly one or the worst written fb status I've ever seen........and what's the the first comment.....couldn't have said it any better.

It's hard to believe these people are real!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LetsTalkAboutJohnGilligan/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Why should we give him the oxygen of attention? Let him fade away and rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

fonda wrote: »
    His sister put up a post to defend her brother and it's possibly one or the worst written fb status I've ever seen........and what's the the first comment.....couldn't have said it any better.

Can't access facebook here. Could you post up the text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's basically a private group filled with the friends and family of John Gilligan whinging on about how he's a good guy who's been victimised and harassed by the state.

Don't even waste your time reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Good god, when did these proles learn to use the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Quote from the page

dear listerer reading the article sam hall has up for john gilligan my bro is so true he has being abandoned by his own country.yes he challanged the state abandoned yet again john is human frighting for his right i find journalist cause a lot of unessary statememt cause by there own judgement which causes people mind to wonder 17 years a long time in prison and yet while john spent all them years in prison was this a better place come on how many paedophiles are out there walking around to this day and yet the journalist still spent time going around to c what path he swipe u would think der was only one man on this earth it time to leave him be it nice to hear sam hall whoever u are say what u said there is decent people out der i no iv seein all his get well cards thanks and im so proud to say he is my brother and yes any irishman will fight for der right and sam thank you god bless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

It's like Gilligan's Island, but the island is trying to get away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Yeah complaining that he's really a good sort & that Ireland turned its back on him and now he is serving a double sentence. My heart bleeds

The sense of delusion and entitlement is astounding. How much tax payer money did it cost for the 24x7 protection for this scum in hospital?

Quote from the page

dear listerer reading the article sam hall has up for john gilligan my bro is so true he has being abandoned by his own country.yes he challanged the state abandoned yet again john is human frighting for his right i find journalist cause a lot of unessary statememt cause by there own judgement which causes people mind to wonder 17 years a long time in prison and yet while john spent all them years in prison was this a better place come on how many paedophiles are out there walking around to this day and yet the journalist still spent time going around to c what path he swipe u would think der was only one man on this earth it time to leave him be it nice to hear sam hall whoever u are say what u said there is decent people out der i no iv seein all his get well cards thanks and im so proud to say he is my brother and yes any irishman will fight for der right and sam thank you god bless

You know, in a way, I think she has a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

tis about de importing of heroine and how JT did for VG. Its high level of literacy makes me think it could be the work of a 10 year old ASBO (or else Bertie Ahern is doing a computer skills course somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I don't have a FB account. Please enlighten us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Just the one though, not much sign of any other punctuation.

Quote from the page

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b5/b50fe3f4e63b529228a1104b57abdefd84e9376667a2234679075634a7bc53c6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Quote from the page

I wonder what rights she think Gilligan fought for

Last time I looked at the constitution there was nothing in there about us all dealing drugs to kids & shooting journalists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

gramar wrote: »
    It's his family and friends talking balls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

gramar wrote: »

Somebody reposted above.

I applaud her willingness to stand up to agents of the state, grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax and sense. They've been keeping the Irish working man down for years.

I applaud her willingness to stand up to agents of the state, grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax and sense.

I'd imagine how she writes, is how language would look like after a nuclear war.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

I applaud her willingness to stand up to agents of the state, grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax and sense.

I just can't believe the multiple people who commented " well said" and so well written" and stuff. Did they actually read it and make sense of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Just the one though, not much sign of any other punctuation.
    At least there are spaces between the words.

I think.

Anybody like to put it into english, coz it hurts my head trying to read it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jesus, what a grammatical nightmare. I am having a hard time telling it apart from this:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

That **** is bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Sarky wrote: »
    Jesus, what a grammatical nightmare. I am having a hard time telling it apart from this:

Sarky, that video is fúcking brilliant. Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Quote from the page

:D

That left me Giggilan.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

Gilligan is no better than the government scum that rob the needy to pay their banker pals. They should be in jail too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Quote from the page

jaysus a bit of punctuation wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

BenRowe wrote: »
    Gilligan is no better than the government scum that rob the needy to pay their banker pals. They should be in jail too

Same old argument there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

She certainly has a point about the journalists.Some of them have more or less made a living out of writing about him. Who cares about him, he was eventually caught, locked up for 17 years, now he's out, so what!

Comparing violent criminals to corrupt politicians is complete nonsense. I would have a drink with a corrupt politician. I would probably let a corrupt politician babysit my children. I would say hello to a corrupt politician in the street.

Violent criminals should not be compared with corrupt politicians, or other non-violent offenders for that matter. They are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Wow the state took him out before he had a chance to finish typing. Chilling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

is like her full stop button is broke.

Whats the spead on what % of the people posting on that page defending himwork.Maybe 1/3 on <15%.

She certainly has a point about the journalists.Some of them have more or less made a living out of writing about him. Who cares about him, he was eventually caught, locked up for 17 years, now he's out, so what!

I was joking, but no doubt, crime does keep some, no criminals, in business.

He has a certain celebrity. If he had gone straight and kept a low-profile years ago he'd probably be in the whole of his health right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My heart bleeds for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Love the way the photo of him has a frame in the Irish colours, like he's some kind of patriot or something :pac:

Love the way the photo of him has a frame in the Irish colours, like he's some kind of patriot or something :pac:

He said a prayer for dear old Ireland every time he sold some drugs or ordered a killing.

He truly was our Princess Diana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Poor Gillian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

another gilligan thread ffs... nothing but a tosser.Oh wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Can Gilligan begin again. That is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

dear listerer.....

Since I do not have the ability to listen to that article with my eyes. I can only assume that I must have fallen significantly behind on the evolutionary tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Quote from the page...

It is well and fine for him to be fighting for his rights. I'm sure Ms. Guerin would be doing something similar, if she could. Well might civilized people abandon this defective animal - if he were a wolf he would have been killed by his own kind long ago.

20Cent wrote: »
    Can Gilligan begin again. That is the question.

I've been laughing this entire time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

jimgoose wrote: »
    It is well and fine for him to be fighting for his rights. I'm sure Ms. Guerin would be doing something similar, if she could. Well might civilized people abandon this defective animal - if he were a wolf he would have been killed by his own kind long ago.

If he were a wolf I don't think he could have imported drugs

OR COULD HE?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

padraig.od wrote: »
    If he were a wolf I don't think he could have imported drugs...

If he were a wolf he would be a defective, destructive idiot who could not be corrected and would probably be destroyed by the alpha male for the good of the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

But is gillian gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Peter Brennan

Well as somebody said " she has a point " yes but if only we could figure out what it was . Oh me name it is Sam Hall chimney sweep , chimney sweep ......and me neck will pay for all ... Gilligan wanted to be sort of a hard chaw you know , dishing out but not receiving it .He was certainly brought down to size..... no wait a second ......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Peter Brennan

omg I just realized Im using my real name well I better move .You know in fairness to his old skin and blister she's right about those journalists making a living off her brudder although in a parallel universe I cant imagine "opposite john Gilligan " would be much of a read Sample : This morning john Gilligan , the accountant , got up for breakfast at six , as he usually does , walked his poodle , schnooky , then came home for his laid out breakfast as always . Well as john looked at his toast he noticed it was slightly under buttered and boy was he cross at his darling wife . So cross that he scrunched his eye brows for 1/10 th of a second before his wife could catch him . new novel by
    Paul Reynolds

jimgoose wrote: »
    she should have left crime to the cops

Comparing violent criminals to corrupt politicians is complete nonsense. I would have a drink with a corrupt politician. I would probably let a corrupt politician babysit my children. I would say hello to a corrupt politician in the street.

Violent criminals should not be compared with corrupt politicians, or other non-violent offenders for that matter. They are not the same.
    they do tee same thing in a more subtle way, They destroy lives and hopes and lead people to suicide. At least gilligan who i have no time for is honest as to what he is. Not like a scummy politician in a fancy suit who pretends to be good and holy and churchy. I would not let such a corrupt scum with my kids or drink with him and if it came to a choice between drinking with a politician and gilligan i know who i would choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you saw bertie on the street you could call him a wanker. Imagine doing the same with Gillian?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I just can't believe the multiple people who commented " well said" and so well written" and stuff. Did they actually read it and make sense of it?

If you type like that do you reckon you find it easier to read posts of a similar nature by others? :pac: A bit like when mobiles first came out and teenage girls were a lot better at shorthand codes and abbreviations than us laads who were more competent with how to use predictive text on aaa Nokia (nobody really seems to use text speak anymore with the frequency they did years ago)

the short jist of it seems to be attempting to portray Gilligan as some sort of modern equivalent of the men of 1916. I suppose he must be some semblence of hero to people who smoked hash in the mid 90's :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Quote from the page

I'm actually impressed that they managed to spell paedophile correctly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement