Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three townhouses build

Options
  • 28-03-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I realize I am asking a kind of 'how long is a piece of string' question here so apologies, I am just looking for ballpark figures to see if I am mad even considering my build plan...

I have an existing, large house 46ft * 36ft, two story. I've been looking at various plans for two bed, two story townhouses and I recon I could fit three of these townhouses in the existing space of the house. I am wondering what rough cost would be to basically gut the existing house and build three townhouses in the space. I would prefer not to demolish the existing external walls but I am thinking most internal walls would need to go. I guess if it was cheaper to demolish completely and build on the site I could do that but want to maintain the shape of the existing house.

So anyone care to hazard a guess? I am thinking somewhere between 250k and 400K but would be keen to hear some more educated guesses.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How big are the town houses? Any plans drawn up?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Cheaper to demolish. 3 terraced townhouses basic spec/ min BRegs assuming Dublin or cork would be probably closer to 600k or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

The build cost will depend on the sales value and location as you will need to spend as much as is required to sell the units. If you can sell them for 500k each you will need to have better spec and finish than those that sell for 250k.

Advertisement