Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasering - experiences & expectations

Options
  • 28-03-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Recently embarked on some laser treatment of a smallish tattoo.
    The ink is black script and quite bold. No other colours.
    First session went well and as expected... due another session in a couple of weeks time.
    Have noticed almost zero fading in the ink since getting it 2 weeks ago.
    Very little side-effects either... skin was raised for a few days, blistered very slightly, like a mild sunburn and there was some slight itchiness but not much.
    Said it to the guys who did the lasering and they reckon that's exactly what to expect. They reckon around the 4 week point will be the most noticeable change.

I intend to continue the sessions. 3/4 has been suggested to me.
    I've also been advised that I'll notice a lot more fading after the 2nd session.

Just throwing this out there if anyone else has experienced the same. Is this what to expect? Right now it feels like there's been little or no impact to the tattoo.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That's exactly what to expect to be honest. It is a slow process after some session it can take 8 weeks before you are ready for another session.

They say 4 to 8 weeks sometimes I was ready in four other times not.

As for noticing very little fading to the naked eye it can be hard to spot because it fades over time and your eyes just adjust to it really, my advice is to take a photo before each session and after it has healed from each session then you will notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd add a little to what Marty said:
    my advice is to take a photo in the same lighting before each session and after it has healed from each session then you will notice the difference.

If you take it under different lighting conditions then the camera will be thrown a little, so can also make it look different. The more regular you can make it, the better you'll be able to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

That's exactly what to expect to be honest. It is a slow process after some session it can take 8 weeks before you are ready for another session.

They say 4 to 8 weeks sometimes I was ready in four other times not.

As for noticing very little fading to the naked eye it can be hard to spot because it fades over time and your eyes just adjust to it really, my advice is to take a photo before each session and after it has healed from each session then you will notice the difference.

Cheers and good tip! really just need reassurance.
    expected more dry skin, blistering, etc... very little after effect.

kormak wrote: »
    Cheers and good tip! really just need reassurance.
    expected more dry skin, blistering, etc... very little after effect.

If it blisters up to much it generally means they have set the laser to strong, the more it blisters the more chance of it leaving permanent scarring.

So sounds like it was done just right.

So 4 months in to my laser treatment....
    I've had 4 sessions each with the intensity increasing.
    The last one was 1000 which is max! it was also the first session that I suffered bad blistering from.
    anyway, I know lasering takes time/patience but I'm not happy with the progress with this! there has been slight fading within the black ink but it's very minimal if I'm honest. The shop forecast 3 sessions to lighten it enough for a cover up. it's nowhere near that...
    has anyone had black script lightened, if so, where and who by?
    I think it might be time to look elsewhere. :(

also is anywhere that specializes in nd yag or picosure laser in Dublin??

• Advertisement

So 4 months in to my laser treatment....
    I've had 4 sessions each with the intensity increasing.
    The last one was 1000 which is max! it was also the first session that I suffered bad blistering from.
    anyway, I know lasering takes time/patience but I'm not happy with the progress with this! there has been slight fading within the black ink but it's very minimal if I'm honest. The shop forecast 3 sessions to lighten it enough for a cover up. it's nowhere near that...
    has anyone had black script lightened, if so, where and who by?
    I think it might be time to look elsewhere. :(

Patience is key I'm afraid.

I to was told two session was enough to cover :pac:, 12 sessions later mine was still very visible but just about faded enough for a cover up.

Mine was a small black tribal :o stupidity of youth.

Heavy blistering is a bad sign, yes it will fade quicker but blisters burst easily leaving scarring. That I'd be concerned about, if your covering up the scarring is not as much an issue though but still not great.

One thing I would avoid from my own experience plase like laserway etc stick to tattoo studios cheaper and more knowledgeable on tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Been scouring the internet for this myself, I haven't found anywhere in the country. Think the closest is The Circle in London.

Patience is key I'm afraid.

I to was told two session was enough to cover :pac:, 12 sessions later mine was still very visible but just about faded enough for a cover up.
    and are you still paying the agreed rate or have you been offered a "long term discount" on the price?

and are you still paying the agreed rate or have you been offered a "long term discount" on the price?

I'm finished mine but there was no long term discount although at 40 euro a pop couldn't have been expecting much of a discount really.

Advertisement