Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Masters 2014 * Warning Post #19 *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any red button coverage tonight, or do I have to wait patiently for BBC2 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Bubba to -5, if his Driving holds he's got all the tools here.

Bjorn finishes -3 after 4 birdies and a bogey in the last five holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Good ol Freddy Couples is -2 after 3 holes,amazing consistency year in year out ,legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I'm glad Leishman bogeyed the 4th. My dad has a few euro on him, don't know how he'd react to four birdies on the spin!
    Still good start for him.

What have I done?
    What has Leishman done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

stevieob wrote: »
    same every year, masters is always a much smaller field than every other tournament

Was T44 up until 2012, wasn't sure if it was increased this year or last. It was last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The golf will start live on Sky Sports 4 at 7pm and we'll probably have a full hour of chat before we see anything live. Maddening how they operate.

BUBBA -6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The golf will start live on Sky Soports 4 and we'll probably have a full hour of chat before we see anything live. Maddening how they operate.

Blame the US channels. Sky can only show live golf when it starts on US networks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Nowhere in the world has coverage till 8pm Irish time.i don't think viewers see holes 1-8 till Saturday or Sunday

Blame the US channels. Sky can only show live golf when it starts on US networks

It's the Augusta crew who need the slap, outdated antiquated rubbish, in this day and age, to preserve some sort exclusivity, when they could sell the tickets twice over, there is no justification for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So I don't have Sky Sports but a friend gave his details so I could watch on Skygo.. I can't because Vodafone are useless

3428804680.png

Yes that is my current speed. Up to 24Mb..my arse!

Swap

Sky Broadband on Eircom line. In Dublin so one would think the infrastructure would be decent!! My line can apparently handle 4mb. I'd settle for just one at times!!

13782683064_0186f14b11.jpg

grant it I am using Wi-Fi, but I have no ethernet cable that goes from my phone to the router!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just watched Jack's last victory on SS, what a final 9 holes of golf with Amen corner and birdie holes either side, perfect routing for an exciting moving feast on a Sunday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

And Poulter is starting to get it going ... 3 under thru 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

yet another 7 for Phil :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's Bubbas' Masters to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Rikand wrote: »
    It's Bubbas' Masters to lose.

A little premature.....we're only half way through day 2......there's a lot of golf left to be played.

Phil and Dustin Johnson could be going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I'd say a lot of guys around the cut line will be looking at bubba hoping he drops a couple coming in

Bubba smiling for the first time since April 2012 :)

• Advertisement

I'd say a lot of guys around the cut line will be looking at bubba hoping he drops a couple coming in

he's about to pick up another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry to say.

As major majors go. It is one of the poorest top end leaderboard I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Sorry to say.

As major majors go. It is one of the poorest top end leaderboard I've ever seen.

No Tiger :P

Sorry to say.

It's be the same with most PGA Tour events all this season too. Golf needs some dominant figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

What have I done?
    What has Leishman done?

5 over now. He is 10 over for the last 12 holes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

One of the best rounds in years and we will not see any of it.

Big challenge him for him now though, he came from behind 2 years ago and now will have to lead from the front.

• Advertisement

One of the best rounds in years and we will not see any of it.

Big challenge him for him now though, he came from behind 2 years ago and now will have to lead from the front.

I've been watching some of it on the featured groups on Sky's website. The distance advantage Bubba had over Donald on the 17th tee was actually comical. Luke is hitting in a long iron into the green and Bubba hits what looks like a sand wedge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

So much for the Masters not starting till the back nine on Sundy. Its all over this time and it isnt even the weekend. Its a repeat of deja vu all over again like 97.
    Still, Brendan O'Connor show tomorrow evening instead.

Ahhhh I'm sure Bubbas caddy will give him the wrong yardage and pull the odd putt at some stage over the next 2 days to make it interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

So much for the Masters not starting till the back nine on Sundy. Its all over this time and it isnt even the weekend. Its a repeat of deja vu all over again like 97.

Anyone that watched McIlroy in 2012 can and should disagree

Wind really starting to get up now judging by the flag on 18.... a shame because it will protect Bubba's lead.

And that's a missed cut for Dustin Johnson...... one of the favourites..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

God I do not like Bubba Watson.
    I'm now rooting for the rest of the field.

Thankfully Bubba misses his par putt on 18. He seems to be giving his caddie a hard time over the read.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Thankfully Bubba misses his par putt on 18. He seems to be giving his caddie a hard time over the read.

That bad read made a lot of people happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

dvemail wrote: »
    God I do not like Bubba Watson.
    I'm now rooting for the rest if the field.

He always struck me as a bit of a weirdo, but he's an awfully decent guy.
    Does a lot of charity work, spends a lot of money & time on his foundation.

As a golfer, he produces shots other golfers simply would not be able to do, save for maybe Big Phil.

But yeah, I still think he's a bit weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Yeah everyone knows a 3 shot lead half-way through Friday is a guarantee of success.

He always struck me as a bit of a weirdo, but he's an awfully decent guy.
    Does a lot of charity work, spends a lot of money & time on his foundation.

As a golfer, he produces shots other golfers simply would not be able to do, save for maybe Big Phil.

But yeah, I still think he's a bit weird

He does a pretty good job at disguising that "decent guy" image on the golf course mind you.

Rory, WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Superbus wrote: »
    Yeah everyone knows a 3 shot lead half-way through Friday is a guarantee of success.

Five before the end of the night.
    Eleven tomorrow night.
    Tiger's record's gotta watch out come Sunday.

Sergio and McIlroy battling it out for the distant second. Sergio prevails and explains how "certainly, for me its my Major. I feel I won this one, and will always feel like a Master champion now. Its great finally to joint the ranks of Major winners. Out on Washington Road you can buy replica Green Jackets. My caddy's gone to buy one for me now. Rory told me he though so to when we were crying with happiness and sadness and hugging on the 18th green. It was very emotional. I'm delighted."

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Nearly took scott out with that shot

slave1 wrote: »
    Rory, WTF

In fairness ... he only flew the green by some 10 yards and then it took a horrible kick straight back. Gonna need some sort of miracle now.

• Advertisement

Eleven tomorrow night.

Sergio and McIlroy battling it out for the distant second. Sergio prevails and explains how "certainly, for me its my Major. I feel I won this one, and will always feel like a Master champion now. Its great finally to joint the ranks of Major winners. Out on Washington Road you can buy replica Green Jackets. My caddy's gone to buy one for me now. Rory told me he though so to when we were crying with happiness and sadness and hugging on the 18th green. It was very emotional. I'm delighted."

;)[/quote

you on the funny smokes this evening my man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Russman

Anyone notice the caddie in jimmy walker's group take out the pin on the 9th before walker's ball had stopped rolling after he chipped on ?
    Was there a penalty a few years ago when a caddie did that in some tournament ?

I know they are trying to build drama for players at +4 on the cutline but every 10 minutes its getting closer and closer to +5 all the time. Even the +6's are almost in with a shout

Russman wrote: »
    Anyone notice the caddie in jimmy walker's group take out the pin on the 9th before walker's ball had stopped rolling after he chipped on ?
    Was there a penalty a few years ago when a caddie did that in some tournament ?

Did this not come up for discussion a while back, if you're standing beside a pin you're deemed tending the flag and obliged to remove it...something like that

Did this not come up for discussion a while back, if you're standing beside a pin you're deemed tending the flag and obliged to remove it...something like that

Yeah but you have to do so before the player makes his stroke. I didn't see it so not sure if his caddie was standing by the flag or not.

It looked like the caddie just walked onto the green once Walker chipped and, once Walker's ball got past the hole, took the flag out. I think.

It wasn't his own caddie.

Russman wrote: »
    It looked like the caddie just walked onto the green once Walker chipped and, once Walker's ball got past the hole, took the flag out. I think.

It wasn't his own caddie.

Just checked the rule and seems as if he would be ok regardless ...
    If the flagstick is not attended, removed or held up before the player makes a stroke, it must not be attended, removed or held up during the stroke or while the player’s ball is in motion if doing so might influence the movement of the ball.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just checked the rule and seems as if he would be ok regardless ...

That makes sense. There was definitely a penalty on a guy maybe 10+ years ago when his caddie did something like that. Can't remember who, but he was high profile at the time, for some reason the name Brad Faxon is coming to mind.

Eleven tomorrow night.

;)[/quote

you on the funny smokes this evening my man!

• Advertisement

Fair play to Fitzpatrick the Am, +6 thru 25 holes, considering he had a DB on the first yesterday, it's a great display (so far)

Advertisement