Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Masters 2014 * Warning Post #19 *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SnowDrifts wrote: »

That's a damn shame, I thought it would have been a nice touch to put the Stadlers out together, he may have only won it once but he did win and this is the Walrus's last Masters, shame...

Jazuz, Dustin, Jason Day and Henrick together followed by Bubba, Luke and Sergio, that's a nice double grouping to follow...second last group of Els, Rose and Lefty also looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Got a new TV last year, so I am really looking forward to watching this in 3D!

not going to be shown in 3d now, to do with ESPN 3D closing in November gone, sniff sniff

Rory's interview from about an hour or so ago. Funny foot in mouth moment and resulting back peddling after Woosnam comment at about 9min in. Another funny "there will be no top 5 players in our group" referring to having Reed as a playing partner at about 22min.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/sharing/media/28237_0408_1.html

Don't know why but I really think this man can do it, I appear to be on my own...

d35a8b98bf6311e3b72e126e80dec200_8.jpg

The 12th from Hogan's bridge courtesy of Poults..

4a00d0c8bf6811e38c6e0002c9527668_8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is that the 10th in poulters first picture ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Is that the 10th in poulters first picture ?

Yep, 10th fairway to green, some good quality snaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm here to express my love for poulter. i seriously hope he wins a major some day.

i'm still putting my bets on stenson to, although poulter or rory would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Loire

slave1 wrote: »
    Don't know why but I really think this man can do it, I appear to be on my own...

d35a8b98bf6311e3b72e126e80dec200_8.jpg

Great shot - that small tree on the left really protects the green and forces a draw over them there bunkers - never saw that before!

• Advertisement

just noticed the quality of the grass on the fairways, looks awesome cut back towards the tees

slave1 wrote: »
    just noticed the quality of the grass on the fairways, looks awesome cut back towards the tees

It's almost carpet like. Normally I prefer stripes but not at Augusta - it looks perfect cut in a singular direction. Luckily they have a fleet of fairway mowers because cutting like that with just the one would be a massive pain having to drive back to the end of the fairway after each length.

From your own previous link slave - I see striping ceased back in 1990.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Looks like he played some holes with this years youngest player, amateur Matt Fitzpatrick who's first choice caddy cannot be on his bag due to a foot condition that means he wears sandals a lot and the folks at Augusta would not allow it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Luckily they have a fleet of fairway mowers because cutting like that with just the one would be a massive pain having to drive back to the end of the fairway after each length.

Duh, they just reverse for those sections!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

Zach might be worth a bet.

Looks like he played some holes with this years youngest player, amateur Matt Fitzpatrick who's first choice caddy cannot be on his bag due to a foot condition that means he wears sandals a lot and the folks at Augusta would not allow it!

Now that just seems a bit silly and OTT.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Duh, they just reverse for those sections!

Haha.. unfortunately fairway mowers don't cut in reverse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Watching the masters just gets me in the mood to play Golf.

Love to play it someday.

Maybe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Drive, Pitch & Putt (Juniors) competition on SS4 atm, ie. Juniors from around the US & Canada competing @ those categories.

Is it a competition that would interest people if say you had local clubs doing it and then going onto an All Ireland competition ?
    /I know I'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

There really is a lot not to like about the hosts of this event which is a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Watching the masters just gets me in the mood to play Golf.

Love to play it someday.

Maybe....

:eek: Go for it. You will not regret it. You will if you don't play it someday though.

Sean_pop wrote: »
    :eek: Go for it. You will not regret it. You will if you don't play it someday though.

It will be few years yet, but I do plan to go someday.

How much is a round at Augusta does anyone know? Or is it even Green fees allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It will be few years yet, but I do plan to go someday.

How much is a round at Augusta does anyone know? Or is it even Green fees allowed?

Can't play Augusta unfortunately. Definitely get out to play, even buy a couple cheap clubs in any sports shop and go to a driving range, prepare to get addicted.

I was actually just looking at green fee prices for a couple courses near Liverpool, Royal Liverpool costs £125 per round and Royal Birkdale £205. Would love to get to play Royal Liverpool before the open in July.

Just played TW14 on the xbox to get a feel for Augusta again, I love the back 9 so much, every single hole is perfect. I love the masters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/26768244

BBC Coverage schedule is here

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Sky will have most live coverage, Masters breakfast, review of the day shows, etc.

BBC only has live weekend coverage now I think, since Sky got the deal.

The days of RTE showing any live major golf are long gone.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Can't play Augusta unfortunately. Definitely get out to play, even buy a couple cheap clubs in any sports shop and go to a driving range, prepare to get addicted.

I was actually just looking at green fee prices for a couple courses near Liverpool, Royal Liverpool costs £125 per round and Royal Birkdale £205. Would love to get to play Royal Liverpool before the open in July.

Just played TW14 on the xbox to get a feel for Augusta again, I love the back 9 so much, every single hole is perfect. I love the masters.

I see you live in Merseyside. I used to go with Girl from Liverpool. Wirral to be more specific. Her Dad was retired detective and Golf nut and went around to few course around there. Eastham and Leasowe were 2.

Nice area around there in general. Passed Royal Liverpool too. Clubhouse is some site from road to entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

YayaBanana wrote: »

Kevin Markham was on about Royal Liverpool on the Links Thread and he didn't like the course at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads, just saw an interview with McIllroy - seemed to be going through a list of golfers commenting whether he thought they could win it or not!!!! Seems an extremely prickish thing to do!

Degag wrote: »
    Lads, just saw an interview with McIllroy - seemed to be going through a list of golfers commenting whether he thought they could win it or not!!!! Seems an extremely prickish thing to do!

He was asked how many people he thought could win - he said 70 and then tried to big up some of the backmarkers (with the exception of Woosey :D ) by suggesting it's possible they could win. It certainly didn't come across to me as being pr*ckish.

Mmmmmmm, Kirsty

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Mark Roe with a bit of time travel there, splendid!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Also, I'm s**t sick of Monty already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Hooray! We're back to talking about the Tiger ruling on Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

LinksLad wrote: »
    Hooray! We're back to talking about the Tiger ruling on Sky!
    what's this ruling you speak of?????????

idle wrote: »
    Also, I'm s**t sick of Monty already

per the charter, posts complaining/ abusing players or public figures are not welcome here thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It wont be the same this year without the Eisenhower Tree. Cant believe its gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

So I don't have Sky Sports but a friend gave his details so I could watch on Skygo.. I can't because Vodafone are useless

3428804680.png

Yes that is my current speed. Up to 24Mb..my arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Actually watched soccer over golf for the first time in a long time. This masters build up just bores the crap out of me. Just get on with it ffs.

Monty is the type of man that would convince you that his best finish of Tied 8th in a Masters is better then winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carpo86

Monty is the type of man that would convince you that his best finish of Tied 8th in a Masters is better then winning it.

I'm just looking forward to the time (and surely it will come) when he is interviewing a player and they tell him

'You're only here because of me. Remember that'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

So I don't have Sky Sports but a friend gave his details so I could watch on Skygo.. I can't because Vodafone are useless

3428804680.png

Yes that is my current speed. Up to 24Mb..my arse!

Jasus, that is shocking. Is that Vodafone mobile using data through your phone or an actual physical landline connection? Just checked mine there on WiFi from upstairs so a good bit from the router and getting 20ms ping, 16.43Mbps down and 3.43Mbps up. That's the base package with UPC though.

Watched a small bit of the feature group of Palmer, Nichlaus and Player on the par 3 course earlier on Setanta and amazed at how agile and fit looking Player was for a man of 78, he'd put me and a lot more less than half his age to shame.

I would love to have Players determination and will power.

Always smiling, happy, positive.

• Advertisement

Physical landline connection!

Player works out everyday. He really minds himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus -6 by Moore is impressive over 9 holes.

easy to forget how bloody good these lads are at short stuff.

If you want to complain about a commentator, take it somewhere else; it's boring and not permitted in this forum.
    Final warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭stevensi

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Really love the Sunday of the Masters

Anyway my top 20 are as follows

Rory Mc
    Scott
    Johnson
    Reid
    D Johnson
    The G Mac
    Bubba
    Sergio
    Fowler
    Day
    Stadler
    Kuchar
    Z Johnson
    English
    W Simpson
    Donaldson
    R Moore
    Howell 3
    Poulter
    Dufner

I bet I'll change my mind before the end of the day...so hard to predict...

Thinking again about this and I've changed my mind again

Rory Mc
    Scott
    Kuchar
    Sergio
    D Johnson
    The G Mac
    Bubba
    Reid
    Fowler
    Day
    Stadler
    D Johnson
    Z Johnson
    English
    W Simpson
    Donaldson
    R Moore
    Howell 3
    Poulter
    Dufner

I''ll keep at that but will make relevant changes after play...looking forward to this. Only shame is that Paddy H isn't in the field...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

what time does it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

D.Q wrote: »
    what time does it start?

They are 5 hours behind us so I think it's 12.45 our time for the first tee off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

24 mins to tee off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Yeah 12.45. Anything online where you can watch the early holes or is Amen Corner first coverage?

And to celebrate this much anticipated event I shall be golfing this evening, cue sunshine please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Love the traditional leaderboard on the site

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/index.html

Advertisement